Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • US Deaths:

    594,006






    Dafuq is wrong with you people lol?


    Comment


    • "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

      Comment


      • Greg Abbott

        @GregAbbott_TX

        Since Texas opened 100% 2 months ago (tomorrow) * Covid hospitalizations are the lowest in almost 11 months * 5 consecutive days with fewer than 2,000 Covid cases * Covid positivity rate below 5% for 6 straight days for the 1st time in forever * fatalities down more than 2/3

        Comment


        • Today marked the lowest number of deaths (241) since the pandemic began in March 2020.

          I wonder if that'll make the national news circuit?

          An unfortunate number for the doom and gloom crowd.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.
          ________________
          "Enjoy the ride."

          - a smart man

          Comment


          • How can Texas's numbers be so low when 40,000 mostly unmasked fans crammed into Rangers Ballpark a month ago? I thought that was supposed to be the superspreader of all superspreaders? What happened? Need an expert's opinion on the subject but have a feeling I'll only hear crickets.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.
            ________________
            "Enjoy the ride."

            - a smart man

            Comment


            • "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Today marked the lowest number of deaths (241) since the pandemic began in March 2020.

                I wonder if that'll make the national news circuit?

                An unfortunate number for the doom and gloom crowd.
                Highly doubt it. They won't talk about this or the fact that Fauci's organization used tax dollars to fund the Wuhan lab where the virus potentially started.

                https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbcs-c...bout-wuhan-lab

                Comment


                • The Rt value in Kansas has been under 1 for all but about 4 weeks since January, and currently is at 0.92.

                  That means in Sedgwick County, in the next 4 weeks -- if Rt doesn't change much -- you have a ...

                  1 in 17 chance of being a person that takes a Covid test. (28,919 people took a Covid test in the past 4 weeks)

                  1 in 500 chance of being a person that will test positive for Covid. (1087 people tested positive in the past 4 weeks)

                  1 in 62,000 chance of dying of Covid. ( 8 people died in the past 4 weeks from Covid)
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; May 10, 2021, 03:35 PM.
                  Kung Wu say man who take lady on camping trip, have one intent.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    The Rt value in Kansas has been under 1 for all but about 4 weeks since January, and currently is at 0.92.

                    That means in Sedgwick County, in the next 4 weeks -- if Rt doesn't change much -- you have a ...

                    1 in 17 chance of being a person that takes a Covid test. (28,919 people took a Covid test in the past 4 weeks)

                    1 in 500 chance of being a person that will test positive for Covid. (1087 people on average tested positive in the past 4 weeks)

                    1 in 62,000 chance of dying of Covid. ( 8 people died in the past 4 weeks from Covid)
                    What does being under 80 years old do to those numbers?

                    I'm not picking on or devaluing older folks, I'm one myself.

                    But I don't skydive because it's not safe for a guy like me, and I'm taking precautions because of risk. But I'm old and not healthy. How about most everyone else?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

                      What does being under 80 years old do to those numbers?

                      I'm not picking on or devaluing older folks, I'm one myself.

                      But I don't skydive because it's not safe for a guy like me, and I'm taking precautions because of risk. But I'm old and not healthy. How about most everyone else?
                      No idea, but the median age of mortality -- as jdmee posted earlier -- is probably around 74 to 76 based on jacking around with CDC data. I would suspect that that will not change, because there are vastly fewer deaths on a daily basis now. I bet the deaths we DO have skew younger than 70s, but because the quantity is so small it just won't move the needle on the average mortality age overall.

                      Also the 1 in 17 chance of being tested is misleading. If you are a health worker you're much more likely to be tested than if you aren't. That 1 in 17 is just a gross generalization considering everyone in the population as being equally likely, and that's not accurate.
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; May 10, 2021, 04:32 PM.
                      Kung Wu say man who take lady on camping trip, have one intent.

                      Comment


                      • I appreciate all of your numbers and data on this KW, but I need an expert to chime in.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.
                        ________________
                        "Enjoy the ride."

                        - a smart man

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I appreciate all of your numbers and data on this KW, but I need an expert to chime in.
                          Just you wait! He's searching CNN or MSDNC right now for his expert opinion...

                          Comment


                          • Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says "most urgent challenge we face" in U.S. military is the coronavirus
                            U.S. military suicides last year: 571.............. U.S. military deaths by covid: 26

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says "most urgent challenge we face" in U.S. military is the coronavirus
                              U.S. military suicides last year: 571.............. U.S. military deaths by covid: 26
                              Yes. Forget war, depression, suicide, post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction, etc. It's the Covid we have to worry about. WTH are these morons smoking?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

                                Yes. Forget war, depression, suicide, post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction, etc. It's the Covid we have to worry about. WTH are these morons smoking?
                                Only Covid deaths matter.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.
                                ________________
                                "Enjoy the ride."

                                - a smart man

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X