Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Lol, there is no middle ground. It is either we are all going to die or it is a world conspiracy that will go away in November.

Memo to the we are all going to die: if u look at the normalized numbers, the US is no where near the worst. If u looks at third world countries - they are not truthful. Speak with facts, Don’t be a drama queen, u are not whining anybody over (only scaring to death those who think they are going to die).

Memo to the world conspiracy crowd - it is real. If u are older, have some preexisting conditions that makes u vulnerable or some young kid who smokes or vapes - you better take precautions. For all other Just be good citizens because you will have plenty of time to debate the mask mandates.
    The good news is: there are no "we are all going to die" folks on this board. There are only people (like myself) who are firmly in touch with the reality on the issue, others who attempt to just not think on it, and then the Covidiots who spending all their days posting on the Covid threads attempting to distort, minimize, or refute scientific data via cherry picking, statistical manipulation, or just screaming THEY'RE LYING TO USSSSSSS!!!!!111

T

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Can someone tell me what's going on in NYC with testing, hospitalization and deaths?

I know that's a big question, and I guess what I want to know is, if Covid cases in NYC are crawling along, with little to no increase in cases, lots of testing (%) and no problem with hospitalizations....then why?

And if you're going to tell me it's because they're wearing masks you're full of ****. And 12 million living on the island, it's not social distancing either. And it's not a vaccine.

And maybe the question is moot because it's still a huge problem there....that's why I'm asking.
      There are multiple factors in play: First, their society is being run in an autocratic fashion. Nobody is talking about liberty in NYC. The populace is terrorized with what they went through. Bars and restaurants weren't open for a long time. And they are still very closely monitored. They have a fine system in place for observed violations in social distancing. If a business gets 3 strikes they get shut down. Sounds like China right? Well, in a viral outbreak, China's method wins.. and it's not even close. THEN, you have several high-risk populations that likely have some measure of herd immunity. The infections were astronomical in some poorer parts of the city. Still, there are many who haven't been infected and that's why they are remaining diligent.

And they're all wearing masks.

Masks work to suppress infection rates. It is 100% proven at this point. Maybe they do it in ways that are unpredictable and counter-intuitive, but they do it. They've tracked several communities pre and post mask law institution and the infection numbers go down every single time. Maybe people get too embarrassed to go out in public wearing a mask. It doesn't matter. They work.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 18, 2020, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Let me cut to the chase. The US has the worst response to CV of any advanced nation. We have a worse response than some 3rd world countries.

Our cases are rising at alarming rates. Every day there are around 70,000 more people spreading the virus.

If that continues, our economy will be crippled. Parents will refuse to send their kids to school. Teachers will refuse to enter classrooms.

Contact tracing is seriously compromised when it takes 5 - 7 days to get the results of a CV test.

This should be a wake up call that no matter what the political implications or your personal desire to express your freedom - this is when you should be exercising every effort you have to prevent the spread of this virus.

Not doing everything in your power to reduce the spread of the infection harms the economy, kills some people, compromises the basketball season, and etc.

Why on earth wouldn't you do anything to slow the spread of the infection?
        You are 100% right on all counts.

There are only 4 major countries left in the world who have a worse death-per-1M-population rate than us and we don't even have all the Covid deaths counted. (I bet that last statement is REALLY gonna piss off the conspiracy theorist alien hunters lol - it's true though).

It's also true that there are a TON of worldwide deaths that aren't being counted, but to admit that would be admitting that Covid-19 is a more serious threat and 75% of this board won't do that... until they get infected that is. I hope that doesn't happen. But oh boy if it does... a Coming to Jesus Extraordinaire will unfold before your very eyes.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/n...virus-20200717

“The thing that really gets to me is when people say it’s a hoax. It’s not a hoax. You know, this is real. And a lot of people wait until it’s too late. A lot of people wait until it hits home to finally realize, like, oh, COVID is real, like, these people weren’t lying, it actually exists. I really hope everybody takes the precautions, and I really hope everybody believes that it’s out there.
        Such a sad story.

Be smarter Covidiot members of this board. You know who you are! :(

T

Comment

• https://dayton247now.com/news/corona...olled-in-weeks

CDC director: If all Americans wore a mask, COVID-19 could be controlled in weeks
          Dayton 24/7 Now News asked Dr. Colon how he feels hearing people say they don't think masks help.

“It’s incredibly frustrating because it is something that we have to take seriously,” said Dr. Colon. “For those that don't believe this is real, it absolutely is real. There's evidence that this is going to help reduce the spread of the disease."

https://nypost.com/2020/07/17/florid...o-wear-a-mask/

Florida dad hospitalized with COVID-19 after son refused to wear a mask
          A Florida father contracted COVID-19 from his son, who ignored his stepmother’s wishes to stay home to avoid picking up the deadly virus, leaving him hospitalized for nearly three weeks.

Michelle Zymet, of Plantation, told WSVN her 21-year-old stepson – who was not identified – ignored her wishes to not attend large gatherings last month and went to a friend’s house.

“I pleaded with him every time he left the house, ‘Please wear your mask, take sanitizer, make sure you’re constantly washing your hands,'” Zymet told the station. “He always assured me, ‘Don’t worry, mom. I’m doing everything right, relax, chill.’ You know how these kids are, so I trusted in him.”

Zymet’s stepson did wear the mask while at his friend’s house, but took it off at some point, she said.

The decision ultimately led to four relatives – including the couple’s 14-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter — being infected with the coronavirus. Zymet’s husband, John Place, is a 42-year-old diabetic whom doctors say has a higher risk of serious illness because he’s also overweight.

“You let your guard down just one time, it’s all it takes,” Zymet, also 42, told the station Tuesday. “You come home, and you infect the entire house.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/healt...day/index.html

Fauci implores state and local leaders to 'be as forceful as possible' with mask orders
          The nation's top infectious disease expert on Friday urged governors and mayors to "be as forceful as possible" to get people to wear face coverings.

Social distancing, an important factor in blunting the spread of coronavirus, can be difficult with more people going out, Dr. Anthony Fauci said.
          "When you're living your life and trying to open up the country, you are going to come into contact with people. And for that reason, we know that masks are really important, and we should be using them everywhere," he said during a US Chamber of Commerce virtual event.
          Americans are actually slowing down the re-opening the country by not wearing a mask, said Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
          Go Dr. Fauci GOOOO!

I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with the good doctor to enforce masking and social distancing. Down with the COVIDIOTS who are murdering with their obstinance!

T

Comment

• Bryan Hoch

@BryanHoch

DJ LeMahieu: "I think ended up having about 11 to 12 tests. It was weird because I tested negative and then positive and then negative. It was frustrating because I was feeling 100% normal and still every morning I'd wake up at 7 o'clock to see the result and it was positive."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Can someone tell me what's going on in NYC with testing, hospitalization and deaths?

I know that's a big question, and I guess what I want to know is, if Covid cases in NYC are crawling along, with little to no increase in cases, lots of testing (%) and no problem with hospitalizations....then why?

And if you're going to tell me it's because they're wearing masks you're full of ****. And 12 million living on the island, it's not social distancing either. And it's not a vaccine.

And maybe the question is moot because it's still a huge problem there....that's why I'm asking.
              Addressing your question a second time...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/18/fauc...correctly.html

Fauci holds up New York as model for fighting coronavirus — ‘They did it correctly’
              Gov. Andrew Cuomo instituted some of the strictest reopening requirements in the country, insisting that stay-at-home orders remain in place and many businesses remain closed far longer than states that are now seeing surges such as Texas and Florida.

More than 400,000 New Yorkers have been infected by the virus since the pandemic began and at least 32,463 people have died in the state.

New York City is scheduled to enter phase 4 on Monday, the next stage of reopening that allows outdoor activities like zoos, outdoor films and gardens. Indoor restaurants, bars, museums, and malls will remain closed, Cuomo said Friday.

“I’m so proud of what New Yorkers have done. But we must continue to be on alert,” Cuomo tweeted.
              In his comments Friday, Fauci addressed the surges around the country, urging people to wear masks and pushing for the closure of bars to limit the spread of the virus.

“Stay away from crowds. Close the bars,” Fauci said. “You appeal to the people in the local areas, close those bars. They are seriously the — one of the major reasons why we’re seeing [the surges].”

“And I think, if we do that for a couple of weeks in a row,” he continued, “I think we’re going to see a turnaround, because we know that that works.”
              Boom!

Close the thread.

T

Comment

• I’m glad Cold found a way to solve the Covid problems totally. Just wear a mask. I’m for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Something funky is going on with the data being presented out of NY for sure. Don't trust the data.
                  The spike u see in NY was from nursing home deaths that were covered up initially and finally reported (when it was convenient). Good data sites actually went back and appropriately distributed the deaths when they happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    I’m glad Cold found a way to solve the Covid problems totally. Just wear a mask and close down indoor bars and restaurants. I’m for it.
                    *fixed*

We'd have 10% of the infections we've had over the last 4 weeks if this had been a national mandate. It's not American, but it's what's necessary. Covid-19 knows nothing about Democracy and Liberty. It just wants to reproduce.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You are 100% right on all counts.

There are only 4 major countries left in the world who have a worse death-per-1M-population rate than us and we don't even have all the Covid deaths counted. (I bet that last statement is REALLY gonna piss off the conspiracy theorist alien hunters lol - it's true though).

It's also true that there are a TON of worldwide deaths that aren't being counted, but to admit that would be admitting that Covid-19 is a more serious threat and 75% of this board won't do that... until they get infected that is. I hope that doesn't happen. But oh boy if it does... a Coming to Jesus Extraordinaire will unfold before your very eyes.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/n...virus-20200717

Such a sad story.

Be smarter Covidiot members of this board. You know who you are! :(

T

You have implored people to bring facts into the discussion and then throw out the baseless nugget the deaths have actually been undercounted, despite the FACT that public health officials have stated direct, indirect, and completely indirect deaths have been designated as Covid.

Way to bring the facts to the discussion Cold.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

*fixed*

We'd have 10% of the infections we've had over the last 4 weeks if this had been a national mandate. It's not American, but it's what's necessary. Covid-19 knows nothing about Democracy and Liberty. It just wants to reproduce.

T

That might be the dumbest thing you have said on here, and there is a long list. #covidiot

Comment

Addressing your question a second time...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/18/fauc...correctly.html

Boom!

Close the thread.

T

Interesting that a city will fine or lock up a person for not wearing a mask but rioting, looting, and police officer assault go unnoticed with a blink of the eye.

Yes, NY is the envious dreamboat of the country.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You have implored people to bring facts into the discussion and then throw out the baseless nugget the deaths have actually been undercounted, despite the FACT that public health officials have stated direct, indirect, and completely indirect deaths have been designated as Covid.

Canned cold response coming in 3...2...1...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...lobalData.aspx

To be fair, I am under the opinion that some "excess deaths" could be from folks scared to visit the doctor when symptoms present themselves. In those cases Covid would be indirectly responsible for their deaths.

I'm certain that some Covid deaths have been misreported, but I am just as certain that more Covid deaths have been underreported, so it more than balances out your conspiracy theory claim.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ak/3220834001/

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...deaths-number/

https://www.yoursun.com/coronavirus/...d5f7f5217.html

T

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Canned cold response coming in 3...2...1...
                                Nothing I bring to the table is ever canned brother. My ideas are as unique as they are prolific. Many times news articles come out AFTER I make a post on the subject. You are in connection with the source (of truth) here mate. Rejoice and be thankful.

And stay safe!

T

Comment

Working...
                                X