• Show
Clear All

• Ok thanks 1972,they will have their chance this season

Comment

• Ready to see our ladies beat LSU!

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        Ready to see our ladies beat LSU!
        I guess that would help recruiting. I assume that is what your are implying anyway.

Comment

• Yes it is 1972,this will be huge for us!

Comment

• OK. Fall Early Signing Period starts tomorrow (and runs through November 21st).

Looking forward to locking up our commits and hopefully finding a surprise or two to be thankful about.

:victorious:

Comment

• Ready too see what direction we head,and what talent we have coming in!!!

Comment

• No news today on the LOI signing front. Of course, Jody is in Jonesboro, AR getting the team prepared to take on Arkansas State tomorrow. Perhaps will hear something on Friday after Jody returns to Wichita.

Comment

• 7 signings for the women. Here is the GoShockers article:

The Wichita State University women's basketball program signed seven student-athletes for the fall signing period, head coach Jody Adams announced today.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Looks like an interesting class. Jody seems particulary high on Jamillah Bonner the 5-8 Butler County transfer and the 5-10 Jaleesha Chapel out Dekaney High School in Spring, TX. Sounds like we could have avery athletic guard trio for couple of years if you pair these two ladies with Alex Harden.

Looking forward to finding out more about these Ladies.

Welcome aboard Ladies. Hope your time in the Shocker Black and Gold is rewarding and you build on and add to the success that our departing Seniors have worked so hard to build under Coach Adams leadership.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• That will give us a roster of 13 scholarship players next year. Jody would have two additional schollies available but I doubt she would use them. She told me once that she though a roster of 13 was about the maximum she would like to go.

Of course, if the right opportunity presented itself I'm sure she would take advantage of her dry powder. Maybe quality transfer from a BCS school or somehting may come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        That will give us a roster of 13 scholarship players next year. Jody would have two additional schollies available but I doubt she would use them. She told me once that she though a roster of 13 was about the maximum she would like to go.

Of course, if the right opportunity presented itself I'm sure she would take advantage of her dry powder. Maybe quality transfer from a BCS school or somehting may come along.
                        watched the shox on the web. Squeeked by with a win against a very weak team. Not pretty.

Comment

• Should have been a 25-30 point game. Way to many turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by NolenKemp View Post
                            Should have been a 25-30 point game. Way to many turnovers.
                            Hopefully Chynna's injury is minimal. She blinks and gets pulled, Kelsey blinks and gets pulled. Bugg turns it over left and right and its fine. I don't get it, but I'm not the coach. I'm not sure about this team. I do believe we can be good.

Comment

• We really need to get some sort of 3 point game going. Cant always keep it inside. Found stats FG 44.7%, 3point 0-7, FT 72% steals 13, rebounds 34, blocks 2, assist 4, turnovers 18. Sure seemed like a lot more turnovers. Probably because some stuck out like a sore thumb like the walk calls.

Comment

• Totally agree that we need to get some kind of 3 point/outside game going. I said all summer that if I was another coach I'd play zone against the lady shox and force them to make jumpers. It would also take away from of one the lady shox strengths which is rebounding. I was hoping one of the shockers recruits would read "sniper from the outside" but Jody tends to recruit athletic players who can guard. I like the defensive intensity some of our girls bring, but at some point you have to outscore the other team as well.

Originally posted by NolenKemp View Post
                                We really need to get some sort of 3 point game going. Cant always keep it inside. Found stats FG 44.7%, 3point 0-7, FT 72% steals 13, rebounds 34, blocks 2, assist 4, turnovers 18. Sure seemed like a lot more turnovers. Probably because some stuck out like a sore thumb like the walk calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X