Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    No one said you asked anyone to start proclaiming this coaching staff the best. Ok, you consider them the best MVC coaching staff as long as you don't have to evaluate their MVC coaching record. I get that.

She won a championship then was fired two years later leaving a program in total shambles. To me that makes what happened at SIU even worse coming on the heels of a championship.

That comes across as a win at any and all costs, the ends justify the means, attitude. It doesn't matter how you do it, just do it. I don't buy into that philosophy. I think how you do things is just as important was what you accomplish.

I would consider WSU women's basketball program and any other college WBB proram a huge failure if 80% of their recruits quit. In fact, they would be a huge failure. Show me one successful college WBB program where they lose 80% of each year's recruiting class.

That point we can agree on.

I too am hoping for a breakthrough season. Which for me is winning our first MVC Championship. I'm not ready to predict that will happen, but we have as good a shot this year as we have ever had, assuming Jaz Gordon makes a full recovery and we avoid any other key injuries.
    Got It! You win! Lets just keep airing all the negatives on here. I'm sure no one reads this stuff anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
      Based on the kind of recruiting class that is coming here in 2013 that I alluded to earlier, I'd have to say that Jody's staff has done extremely well in that regard.
      I'm looking forward to the November surprise(s) you are privy to. I am assuming the surprise player or players will be signing in the November early signing period in addition to, or maybe in place of, one or more of the 4 verbal commitments we have heard about.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 4, 2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the November surprise(s) you're are privy to. I am assuming the surprise player or players will be signing in the November early signing period in addition to, or maybe in place of, one or more of the 4 verbal commitments we have heard about.
        originally when I discovered how to do this, I thought it would be fun as I've been to a high level, played for the best and respect and admire the women's game, once I figured it out. I know a few shouldn't spoil this thread, but I don't want this type of discourse, so whomever is getting so upset; I'm leaning toward giving this nonsense up. I donate to the program anonymously, like what I see and make a few comments. The girls are Awesome. They are encouraged to speak with the public. Anyone can do what I do. Pop in, visit when they leave practice. Ask questions of the coaches and players. They are open. I'm not a Super Sleuth or a former super star, but played for a super star coach. I just like what I see and share thoughts. I also like Wichita and WSU. The girls are on their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          ... as I've been to a high level, played for the best and respect and admire the women's game, once I figured it out.
          But don't you see, this is why your comments are so useful - they have the "I've been there" element to them. You are not a fan-boy, and you are not perpetually negative. You make "call it as I see it" comments from a perspective that none of the rest of us have.

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          ... I just like what I see and share thoughts. I also like Wichita and WSU. The girls are on their way.
          I, for another, look forward to your thoughts. Surely Coach provided some wisdom along the way to help you wade through this current (and temporary) morass.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            But don't you see, this is why your comments are so useful - they have the "I've been there" element to them. You are not a fan-boy, and you are not perpetually negative. You make "call it as I see it" comments from a perspective that none of the rest of us have.

I, for another, look forward to your thoughts. Surely Coach provided some wisdom along the way to help you wade through this current (and temporary) morass.
            Very kind of you and yes I was molded by the best. There is a new Kelsey Jacobs; vocal, leader, scorer. Obviously the coaches have done a nice enough job to get her in shape and improve her offensive skills and build her confidence. Of course Kelsey deserves credit as well. Nicole Wells has certainly improved and I had no idea she is a threat from the 3. She may fall in the X factor category. Daurice is up and down. Chynna is a player. Jessie is very confident and quite good at distributing the ball with proper timing to open players. Alex is doing quite well as a 1, she can pass and drive and board. Jessie doesn't appear to have the need to shoot every time she touches the ball. I hope they don't push Jaz too hard, though it appears she is allowed to sit out drills when it is too much on her repaired knee. I still like what I see. And again, thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• I have to get up there to check out one of their practices. Sounds like they are really coming along nicely.

Comment

Very kind of you and yes I was molded by the best. There is a new Kelsey Jacobs; vocal, leader, scorer. Obviously the coaches have done a nice enough job to get her in shape and improve her offensive skills and build her confidence. Of course Kelsey deserves credit as well. Nicole Wells has certainly improved and I had no idea she is a threat from the 3. She may fall in the X factor category. Daurice is up and down. Chynna is a player. Jessie is very confident and quite good at distributing the ball with proper timing to open players. Alex is doing quite well as a 1, she can pass and drive and board. Jessie doesn't appear to have the need to shoot every time she touches the ball. I hope they don't push Jaz too hard, though it appears she is allowed to sit out drills when it is too much on her repaired knee. I still like what I see. And again, thanks for the kind words.
                Does Michelle Price look like she has made a full recovery? Is Molly O'Brien showing you anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                  I have to get up there to check out one of their practices. Sounds like they are really coming along nicely.
                  They practice today around 2:30. I don't know if they are in the practice gym or big arena; depends on volleyball. It is much easier to watch in the big arena, a little tough in the practice gym. I know one concern is the length of practices. Going hard for 3.5 hours can break you down. I read an article in the Eagle which had a quote from NBA Hall of Famer John Stockton, "Work me hard, but work me short, work me long, but don't work me hard." He knew you can accomplish alot in a short period of time. Too long at a hard pace the body and mind starts to break down. I do believe this leads to mid-conference fatigue.

Comment

Does Michelle Price look like she has made a full recovery? Is Molly O'Brien showing you anything?
                    Sorry 1972, I didn't see this quote and I respect your insight; my apologies. Michelle is a force, banger, 4' and in. "I'll give you all I've got!!" If any adult would like to say, "I'm a fan", she will probably speak with you. She was very ill, I hope they go slow. She will be a Dennis Rodman, Xavior McDaniel force. Sorry, I'm not sure how to compare the women. Oh, Bridgette Gordan, without the 15' jumper.

Comment

• Anyone happen to check in on a practice with the ladies?

Comment

Anyone happen to check in on a practice with the ladies?
                        I haven't taken a look in while. I do know Thu. Thurs. they usually go in the morning in Koch. They start at 6:45 and I think Koch is open by 7:30 as there are groups that walk around the arena. The other days are afternoons, sometimes in Koch, sometimes practice gym. Good team chemistry. I'll give a report, next time I see them.

Comment

I haven't taken a look in while. I do know Thu. Thurs. they usually go in the morning in Koch. They start at 6:45 and I think Koch is open by 7:30 as there are groups that walk around the arena. The other days are afternoons, sometimes in Koch, sometimes practice gym. Good team chemistry. I'll give a report, next time I see them.
                          I meant Tuesday, Thursday in Koch.

Comment

• Saw a couple of the ladies,man they really have put in the time and effort it takes to be in shape an prepare for the season. I'm ready to see how things go at this open house

Comment

Saw a couple of the ladies,man they really have put in the time and effort it takes to be in shape an prepare for the season. I'm ready to see how things go at this open house
                              Yes, they are in shape. A little tired now as sometimes they go early morning practice, followed by weights, break, then full practice. Jessica is a player, fully in-charge. She and Kelsey have been running some plays to each other quite well. Alex still has a bit of a learning curve to run the 1. The practice men have been throwing traps at the guards, so this can only help when they go against MVC women. This is the second practice I've seen Chynna just disappear. Not sure what to make of it. Maybe just my timing as I've never watched an entire practice. I expect Shocker Madness next week might show us a little of what the team will be like, but those types of displays don't compare to intense competition from a real opponent. I still like what I see from the coaches to the players.

Comment

• Chynna seems to have a pretty laid back personality that maybe sometimes come across as a too cool for school approach, but I think she usually plays hard. On occassion she does kind of space out and will make some real head-scratching plays. All-in-all though I expect a solid senior year from Chynna.

Comment

Working...
                                X