Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    I'm sure the ladies will give the fans a reason to come to the games. but also fans gotta give and show support by coming out,it encourages the ladies and shows that we want them to succeed like we do for the men's team
    It's all about winning. When the Shox were on their win streak and came off the road to a very nice home crowd, they laid a big egg, played poorly and lost. Next home game the crowd was sparse. The team believes anything less than MVC title and MVC tourney title is failure. They are driven as demonstrated by their summer conditioning. They have twelve players who are jelling nicely. The freshmen see this level is a major step above where they were. Jaz is a conditioning machine. The Shox will give us good reason to come to Koch and watch the W's accumulate.

Comment

• Will be one of the best women's team we have seen at wsu in a while. Really want chynna and wells to step up this season and be quality bigs for us in the paint,can't just be on michelle,kelsey,and jaz this year imo.

Comment

Will be one of the best women's team we have seen at wsu in a while. Really want chynna and wells to step up this season and be quality bigs for us in the paint,can't just be on michelle,kelsey,and jaz this year imo.
        See response on the 2012-13 Outlook/Prospects thread.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 17, 2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Will be one of the best women's team we have seen at wsu in a while. Really want chynna and wells to step up this season and be quality bigs for us in the paint,can't just be on michelle,kelsey,and jaz this year imo.
          Chynna looks quite good. Michelle has a ways to go. Alex is playing as a very solid 2 guard in pick up and some drills. Kelsey has been seen draining some threes. I believe now that she is completely healthy will have a break-out year. Daurice is starting to come around and picking up her energy level. If we had to start playing today, I'd be concerned about J. Diamond. She'll need some time to get it going. Her jumper still looks terrific. Energy level low. Don't you like how a senior citizen questions youngster's energy level :-)

Comment

• lol,I'm sure once its gametime that diamond will be ready to go. Any word on molly o'brien,jaz jones, and alie decker an how they are coming along?

Comment

lol,I'm sure once its gametime that diamond will be ready to go. Any word on molly o'brien,jaz jones, and alie decker an how they are coming along?
              Molly needs to get in shape, she still attacks the rim and is aggressive, Bugg Jones is trying to be a scorer, rarely passes and her teammates are not pleased as she is not scoring in pick-up games. She'll know her role once Jody can coach the kids. Ali has a long way to go. Right now, I'm not seeing a MVC level player, but she is just out of high school. Michaela is strong and plays hard; should get some minutes. Of course, I just observe from time to time, I'm not the coach and decision maker.

Comment

• thanx for the update,who are our best perimeter players going to be this season. we really need some shooters on the floor

Comment

thanx for the update,who are our best perimeter players going to be this season. we really need some shooters on the floor
                  Daurice and Jessie, 3 pt. in. Kelsey is nails at 15'. Chynna can shoot, as well as Alex and Mollie. It just comes down to whose playing and what role Jody designates for each player.

Comment

• last year we were a motion offense that kept everybody moving around. seems like some games our offense would hit a stalemate and we weren't in a offensive flow at all,I can see coach and staff going to the post more this season though

Comment

• Saw Chynna and Alex,those young ladies have put some muscle on there bones. Really excited to see how all this preperation is coming together to help make a beautiful season. An also I believe that the better season they have the more exposure we get and the more "impact" recruits will hear about us. Goin to be a fun season to watch,hey does anyone know if coach adams an staff have been out on the recruting trail? I really want us to get Relina Johnson of east high before another D 1 snatches her up

Comment

• another young lady we let get out of the city.......

Katie Palmer- Wichita Heights High SchoolSummer 2011 Highlights With Team MaximizeClass Of 2013Benally4 Productionz

Comment

another young lady we let get out of the city.......
                          Old news. See the 2nd post of this thread made on January 12th.

BTW, how did the Shocks "let" Katie Palmer out of the city. Does she have to ask the Shocks for permission?

Comment

• You're right, he should phrase something like, "Another local player we failed to keep here."
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• sry guys did misphrase that but you got my meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                You're right, he should phrase something like, "Another local player we failed to keep here."
                                It looks like Jody is trying. We have the three offers to 3 young local players that I know of. Jaylin Agnew and the 2 South kids. Looks like Jody might be trying the get to them as early as possible strategy. I have no idea if Jody pursued Katie or not and if she did how aggressive she was. Didn't someone post awhile back that Heights Coach Kip Pulliam doesn't care that much for WSU (or at least the WSU women's BB program)??? I might be dreaming that. Not sure if that is true or not but that can sure make it difficult to attract a local kid IF their Coach is not in your corner. Hard enough to convince local kids not to go away to college. If their Coach is encouraging them to go away to college then you have an almost impossible task.

We may eventually pick up a strong local player and, then again, maybe we won't. Hope it happens but if not we will just have to do the best we can with the best out of area players.

My bottom line is I want to see us have a successful program, done the right way with good kids regardless of where they come from. Hopefully, we can get to that point on a consistent basis and then maybe more of the local kids will want to hang around.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 26, 2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X