Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adeola Akomolafe 6-1 PF 2015

Per the following tweet Shockers are recruiting this HS recruit in El Paso.

@Fchavezeptimes: El Dorado girls hoops player Adeola Akomolafe getting interest from TCU and Wichita State in addition to UTEP she is visiting TCU next week
    10/18/2014

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/adeo...Jg/default.htm

Career stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/adeo...ball-stats.htm

http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci...season-preview
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
      Per the following tweet Shockers are recruiting this HS recruit in El Paso.

@Fchavezeptimes: El Dorado girls hoops player Adeola Akomolafe getting interest from TCU and Wichita State in addition to UTEP she is visiting TCU next week
      10/18/2014

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/adeo...Jg/default.htm

Career stats: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/adeo...ball-stats.htm

http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci...season-preview
      The Shox will need some big time recruiting. The big 3, Bonner, Jacobs and Harden; especially Alex will be tough to replace. I like that Jody said she is shortening practices and the team is ready for games. This shows maturity and experience for Jody. In her first few years, it was daily boot camp; even practicing hard on game nights. She's learned to recognize tired players. I believe we'll have a great season, but may be down a bit in the coming years.

Comment

• There is also the chance of losing Alie after this season. Because of injuries she is on pace to graduate long before her eligibility is up. She is taking 19 hours now and like all the girls takes summer classes as well. Losing 3 starters for sure is going to be hard to replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
          There is also the chance of losing Alie after this season. Because of injuries she is on pace to graduate long before her eligibility is up. She is taking 19 hours now and like all the girls takes summer classes as well. Losing 3 starters for sure is going to be hard to replace.
          I didn't realize Alie was on track to graduate early. Kelsey has her degree and is in Grad. School. Alie could do that unless she is not happy or has additional injuries. We need her to be a factor this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            I didn't realize Alie was on track to graduate early. Kelsey has her degree and is in Grad. School. Alie could do that unless she is not happy or has additional injuries. We need her to be a factor this year.
            I guess we'll know Nov. 12 (early signing period) what the future looks like for the Shox. I haven't seen them practice in quite some time. First exhibition is early November. This blog seems quiet, coaches are quiet, players are quiet. Does anyone know if we picked up any walk-ons from the tryout?

Comment

Does anyone know if we picked up any walk-ons from the tryout?
              Have not heard anything. No additions to published roster. I suppose we will find out on November 2 when the Shocks play their exhibition game vs Newman. I'm not sure if there are any cut-off dates for fixing your roster and adding walk-ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Have not heard anything. No additions to published roster. I suppose we will find out on November 2 when the Shocks play their exhibition game vs Newman. I'm not sure if there are any cut-off dates for fixing your roster and adding walk-ons.
                I just returned from Koch and saw one of the players. She said only two came out for walk-on tryouts and they couldn't make a high school team.

Comment

I just returned from Koch and saw one of the players. She said only two came out for walk-on tryouts and they couldn't make a high school team.
                  I can't say I'm surprised by that although it is a little curious because they said the reason they were holding the tryouts was because of the amount of interest that had been expressed. Obviously, whatever interest was expressed was just in passing and not really serious. Not a big deal one way or the other.

Maybe Jody was hoping some Shocker VB players might be interested. She has to be a little jealous when she looks at Lambo's roster and sees 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 and 6-5 populating that group.

The Shocks could be pretty good this year although I think they will definitely miss Michelle Price and her intensity and toughness. Not sure we have anyone on the roster this year that can come close to matching what Michelle gave us inside. We will need a good rebounding effort from all 5 positions on the floor.

As has generally been the case under Jody the Shocks will go as far as their defense carries them although we have some offensive weapons. As Jody has stated we may need for Alex to get a little more selfish on the offensive end although she is a great playmaker as well. While Alex is clearly our go to player it will be important for all the other returning players to turn their games up a notch.

And clearly Shocks have to avoid injuries. Would love to see Kelsey have one full season of relatively good health. Alie has been injury prone as well although she made it through last year in relatively good shape. Foul trouble, especially among the starting 5, will also be something the Shocks will need to avoid as much as possible.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 27, 2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I can't say I'm surprised by that although it is a little curious because they said the reason they were holding the tryouts was because of the amount of interest that had be expressed. Obviously, whatever interest was expressed was just in passing and not really serious. Not a big deal one way or the other.

Maybe Jody was hoping some the VB team might be interested. She has to be a little jealous when she looks at Lambo's roster and sees 6-2, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 and 6-5 populating that group.

The Shocks could be pretty good this year although I think they will definitely miss Michelle Price and her intensity and toughness. Not sure we have anyone on the roster this year that can come close to matching what Michelle gave us inside. We will need a good rebounding effort from all 5 positions on the floor.

As has generally been the case under Jody the Shocks will go as far as their defense carries them although we have some offensive weapons. As Jody has stated we may need for Alex to get a little more selfish on the offensive end although she is a great playmaker as well. While Alex is clearly our go to player it will be important for all the other returning players to turn their games up a notch.

And clearly Shocks have to avoid injuries. Would love to see Kelsey have one full season of relatively good health. Alie has been injury prone as well although she made it through last year in relatively good shape. Foul trouble, especially among the starting 5, will also be something the Shocks will need to avoid as much as possible.
                    Are you on the coaching staff? You always have great insight. We will be quite good. The future, I question.

Comment

• Women's Track Recruiting News

@JohnNaughton: Griswold's Rebekah Topham becomes the first Iowa girl to win 4 state titles. Congrats, @1500runner428 #iahsxc

@JohnNaughton: Topham told me she plans to visit at least 3 schools: ISU, Wichita State and Arkansas. Good news for #Cyclones to be in the picture. #iahsxc
                      11/01/2014
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                      X