No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chynna has to be a leader for this squad if the team wants to achieve the success everyone is expecting from the team. Really want the girls to have a great season...

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      Chynna has to be a leader for this squad if the team wants to achieve the success everyone is expecting from the team. Really want the girls to have a great season...
      Agreed. Remember this is just two observations for minimal time. However, last year, Chynna was having double/doubles early in the season and was player of the week, then didn't play at that level. Steady play all season long will be nice.

Comment

• Chynna got complacient,but I see her being more aggressive this year and helping the team get to a really high level to compete and win.

Comment

Chynna got complacient,but I see her being more aggressive this year and helping the team get to a really high level to compete and win.
          The problem with Chynna is that she is a guard in her head. She wants to be a point-forward, handle the ball and shoot 3's ala Scottie Pippen. She shot 12 percent from 3 last year, and 24 percent the year before. The best thing for Chynna, is to get an early bucket or 2. Run a screen and roll with her, pick and pop for a short jumper, get her a screen for a layup. If she scores an easy basket early, she focuses in better. If she doesn't her effort tends to lack. If that happens this year, Jody should have no problem sending her to the bench. Michelle was a much more active player than Chynna 2 years ago, and I expect the same this year. Jazimen if healthy is a better defender, and their rebounding is about even. And if Kelsey has made any true progress at all some of those minutes at the 4-5 will be hers.

Comment

• Talked with alex today,she said the team is ready to show wichita what this years team is capable of on Thursday.

Comment

Talked with alex today,she said the team is ready to show wichita what this years team is capable of on Thursday.
              That's great. The girls really appreciate their fans and take the time to visit. I'm glad Alex, and I'm sure all of the girls have a very positive outlook on this season. Tomorrow will give us a glimpse, Sunday's exhibition will give us a much better idea of where we are. First official game at LSU will be the real measuring stick.

Comment

• The exhibition is this Sunday?

Comment

• Yes Mum, we have an exhibition this Sunday, Oct. 28th, and one the Sunday after, November 4th. Both at 2:05. Some years will schedule a closed scrimmage against a local school and so we only have one exhibition game.

Comment

The exhibition is this Sunday?
                    Sunday, 2:05 p.m Vs. Harding University, Koch Arena. Then the following Sunday at home 2:05 vs. Central Oklahoma. both exhibitions then Nov. 11 at LSU.

Comment

• Men and women??

Comment

Men and women??
                        Not men and women. The men's only exhibition game is Monday November 5th at 7:05. You might consider go.shockers.com to check out the schedules or download the app.

Comment

• Ok thx,hope for a good turnout at koch

Comment

• It looked to me like Jody may have had a few recruits in the house at Shocker Madness although I can't be sure about that. Maybe the young South high kids and Andover's Jaylyn Agnew that Jody has made offers to. Hard to say, I am just guessing and wouldn't know any of these young ladies by sight in any case.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 26, 2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Yea they were in the house,just surprised relina johnson(5'10 guard) of east high,an cheyenne bullock(6'3 post) of southeast haven't been offerd or atleast given a look.

Comment

Yea they were in the house,just surprised relina johnson(5'10 guard) of east high,an cheyenne bullock(6'3 post) of southeast haven't been offerd or atleast given a look.
                                I would be very surprised if Jody or someone on her staff has not seen these Ladies play considering they play in the Wichita City League. So it is unlikely they have not received a look. Could be wrong about that though.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 26, 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X