Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
    Ok,so I'm guessing that the other two recruits are post players then
    Who knows for sure, but there was some speculation that one of the other two verbals may have come from 5'11" Moriah Dapprich, sister of current Shocker freshman Michaela Dapprich out of Branson, MO. Probably a 3, but might be able to play the 4 in the MVC but probably not a post player.

Jody has 5 seniors to replace after this coming season. She also has 3 unused scholarships available. So she has a total of 8 scholarships available at this point. If OTWHC is correct she may be using one of these on another player who will be joining this coming year's team. Not sure if that is a freshman or perhaps a Juco player. If that is, in fact, the case and we have the 4 verbal commitments then she still has 3 scholarships available if she wants to use them although she has not been particularly inclined to use her full allotment of 15 schollies. Hard to keep that many kids happy.

Comment

• Nice highlights,be great to have some shooters and girls down low in the post who play tough and aggresive.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Here is a highlight video for Kayla White (#34): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW__XUkoerQ

Nice looking athlete and nice looking game.

Kind of reminds you of Haleigh Lankster who was also 5'9".
        Nice follow through on that stroke. There is a kid coming in August. I believe she is freshman; probably needed summer school. Big Shanika did that two years ago and didn't fit in as the rest of the team was in shape and bonded. I'm pleased, I'm not spending time being critical as I was, this is most promising.

Comment

• Here is a very short clip of Briana Jones.

Briana Jones, Carlie Heineman, Marshall High School, Madisonn High School, Girls Basketball, San Antonio, Texas, ShesBallin, ShesBallin Prospects

Not totally sure but looks like she might be a lefty. Kayla looks like more of a shooter, Briana perhaps more of a slasher. Super small sample size though.

Comment

• Here is a brief August 2011 scouting report on Breana prior to her Junior year last year.

7) Brianna Jones( Madison/SA Finest)
            - The most improved player in the city for 2013. At 5"11, another kid that can guard post players and guards. Wiry strong with a solid handle. She has clean 17 foot jumper. Can increasingly hit the 3 ball off of the catch. Plays out of position in HS. Really helped herself this summer by playing well vs. top rated wings around the nation.

Comment

• Kayla White talks about her pregame ritual: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...tx)/videos.htm

Comments on Kayla prior to her Junior season last year:
              Kayla White is primed for a breakout year for East Central. The uber athletic guard is ready to take off. Playing on varsity as a frosh and soph, it is now her time to provide the veteran leadership for the Hornets. White has a 30 inch plus vertical leap and is track star fast. She had the kind of summer that made schools such as UMKC, Rice and Prairie View A&M all keep close tabs on her progress.

Paying homage to the rich history of the game, local stars had a movie night out to see The Mighty Macs . Over 35 players with San Antonio F...
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 25, 2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• It appears that the source of the news of Briana's and Kayla's commitments was their Club Coach.

I'm sure that is quite common.

BTW, welcome to Shocker Nation Briana and Kayla. Looking forward to seeing you on the court in Shocker Black and Gold.

Comment

• I hope we find info on our new recruit or transfer coming in before the seasoon starts, never been this amped for a basketball season to start. I know the ladies will be awesome this year

Comment

I hope we find info on our new recruit or transfer coming in before the seasoon starts, never been this amped for a basketball season to start. I know the ladies will be awesome this year

Just got the scoop from vets. Shaniqua (sp) is a bust. Maybe 5-11. Soft 3-4. Plays like a slasher. The vets ripped her. She wouldn't D up wouldn't run with them. I don't think it will work, no chemistry. You have to start with the rest of the team in May or June. The rest of the team is solid. They all say MVC title or bust!!

Comment

• aw wow,sorry to hear that...maybe she can get better and step her game up to get to the place the team needs her tp be.

Comment

aw wow,sorry to hear that...maybe she can get better and step her game up to get to the place the team needs her tp be.
                        That's the hope. Once she starts working out with the team when she arrives in August, she'll have no choice but to work hard. This team is working hard and wants a title.

Comment

• Who is Shaniqua? I tried to find her on the board (women's recruiting is much more difficult to follow) and womens roster and couldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Who is Shaniqua? I tried to find her on the board (women's recruiting is much more difficult to follow) and womens roster and couldn't.
                            Shaniqua is apparently the 1st name of a player @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach has reported will be joing the team this fall. There have been no official announcements or any other corrobarating evidence but OTWHC's info in the past has been mostly on target.

She probably can not be announced until she is enrolled or perhaps enrolled and attends her 1st class since she apparently has not signed a LOI. Whether she is an incoming freshman, a juco transfer, a scholarship player or a walk-on is not known at this point.

Doesn't really sound like we are adding a game changer here if she, in fact, does show up in August.

Comment

• An announcement, or whatever, can be made as soon as she signs something for financial aid. I forget what exactly it's called again. One would think that would be prior to enrollment.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                An announcement, or whatever, can be made as soon as she signs something for financial aid. I forget what exactly it's called again. One would think that would be prior to enrollment.
                                Is that assuming she is a scholarship player? In any case, late sigings like this are not usually too impressive, especially in the women's game, but who knows maybe Jody found a diamond in the rough. Not sure why she is adding another 3-4 at this point (if that is indeed what she is as reported by OTWHC). The need is for a serviceable backup point guard. Maybe Jody is just interested in having enough practice players.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 28, 2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X