No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point the 2013 recruiting class is probably the most important thing with us losing 5 seniors next year and apparently having no true point guard prospects that we know of yet.

Of the 4 signings so far we have identified 2 (the San Antoino girls) and have a pretty good guess on the 3rd (Moriah Dapprich). Of these, only Kayla White may or may not be a point guard prospect, although she looks like more of a 2. Of course, the unkown 4th signee could very well be a true point guard. Assuming that is a high school player, then Jody may want to go to the Juco ranks for a second point guard for 2013, so we don't have both in the same graduating class.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 28, 2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• any news on the ladies,how they doing?

Comment

• who are our 2013 recruits?

Comment

• Jody made the following tweet on July 5th:

Looking forward to watching our class of 2013 that are committed to WSU hit the hardwood this July! #excitment@wsu
          Pure guess work on my part but I am guessing Jody will be heading to the 2012 Battle of the Boro on July 13th to 16th in Franklin, TN (about 20 miles south of downtown Nashville). Not only is this close to home for Jody but the teams include SA Finest, for whom 2013 verbal commits Briana Jones and Kayla White play for, and Missouri Dream Team, for whom Moriah Dapprich plays for. I have speculated that Moriah, who is the sister of current Shocker freshman Michaela, may be one of our four 2013 verbals, although that has not been confirmed. With the number of teams in this tournament, it would not be surprising if all 4 of our 2012 verbals are playing in it.

There is also an AAU tournament the following weekend in Nashville. I know Dapprich's Missouri Dream Team will be in that tournament also. Not sure about SA Finest.

Jody can kill two birds with one stone getting to see her recruits in action against good competition and getting some home cookin'
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 10, 2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Jody made the following tweet on July 5th:

Pure guess work on my part but I am guessing Jody will be heading to the 2012 Battle of the Boro on July 13th to 16th in Franklin, TN (about 20 miles south of downtown Nashville). Not only is this close to home for Jody but the teams include SA Finest, for whom 2013 verbal commits Briana Jones and Kayla White play for, and Missouri Dream Team, for whom Moriah Dapprich plays for. I have speculated that Moriah, who is the sister of current Shocker freshman Michaela, may be one of our four 2013 verbals, although that has not been confirmed. With the number of teams in this tournament, it would not be surprising if all 4 of our 2012 verbals are playing in it.

There is also an AAU tournament the following weekend in Nashville. I know Dapprich's Missouri Dream Team will be in that tournament also. Not sure about SA Finest.

Jody can kill two birds with one stone getting to see her recruits in action against good competition and getting some home cookin'
            The word is Michaela's sister has verbally committed. The kid who was to arrive in August was told not to come. She didn't show much while on campus as I said earlier. The current roster is it. Check out the Shocker track some mornings around 6:30 and watch the ladies run. Kelsey and Jaz blow the field away. Jaz could be a factor on the track team.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
              The word is Michaela's sister has verbally committed. The kid who was to arrive in August was told not to come. She didn't show much while on campus as I said earlier. The current roster is it. Check out the Shocker track some mornings around 6:30 and watch the ladies run. Kelsey and Jaz blow the field away. Jaz could be a factor on the track team.
              Jaz sure doesn't have any body fat weighing her down. So it would appear that we have 3 of the 4 verbal commitments for 2013 figured out. Have you heard anything about the #4? I am just guessing #4 may very well be a point guard, although I am assuming the two San Antonio players are more suited as 2's and or 3's.

I think we are better off not adding to the roster for 2012 unless we could add a real contributor (especially at the point guard). So I'm not at all disappointed that the late arrival will not pan out.

Thanks for your eye-witness reports on the Ladies.

Comment

Jaz sure doesn't have any body fat weighing her down. So it would appear that we have 3 of the 4 verbal commitments for 2013 figured out. Have you heard anything about the #4? I am just guessing #4 may very well be a point guard, although I am assuming the two San Antonio players are more suited as 2's and or 3's.

I think we are better off not adding to the roster for 2012 unless we could add a real contributor (especially at the point guard). So I'm not at all disappointed that the late arrival will not pan out.

Thanks for your eye-witness reports on the Ladies.
                I heard from one of the players the Shox have a legit point coming for 2013. The word is she is a Jody clone from her Tennessee days. That would be nice. Of course we all need to just focus on the team jelling, working, and kicking some tail this up coming season.

Comment

Of course we all need to just focus on the team jelling, working, and kicking some tail this up coming season.
                  I'll leave that up to the Coaches and the Players. I'm pretty sure it's pretty much irrelevant to our success if I don't focus on those items. Although, I certainly will be in the stands to enjoy it if the team can make it happen.

Comment

• awesome news,can't wait for the season to start. the ladies are really going to have a great season,and I love to hear how everyone is on the same page to get business handled this year on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      awesome news,can't wait for the season to start. the ladies are really going to have a great season,and I love to hear how everyone is on the same page to get business handled this year on the court.
                      Remember that none of these recruits are officially on board yet. These are all verbals that will hopefully sign in November. But you just never know, especially if a youngster blows-up during the AAU season over the summer. I'm not expecting any defections but you just never can say never.

However, 2012 should be another year with the Shocks in contention for an MVC Championship. Let's get 'er dun this year Ladies. While you're at it go for the trifecta and add an MVC Tournament Championship (and the NCAA auto-bid that comes along with it). That would be a great legacy for this Senior Class.

First ever MVC Regular Season Championship
                      First ever MVC Tournament Championship
                      First ever NCAA Tournament Appearance

Team motto can be: "One We Will Be As We Go For Three"

Comment

Remember that none of these recruits are officially on board yet. These are all verbals that will hopefully sign in November. But you just never know, especially if a youngster blows-up during the AAU season over the summer. I'm not expecting any defections but you just never can say never.

However, 2012 should be another year with the Shocks in contention for an MVC Championship. Let's get 'er dun this year Ladies. While you're at it go for the trifecta and add an MVC Tournament Championship (and the NCAA auto-bid that comes along with it). That would be a great legacy for this Senior Class.

First ever MVC Regular Season Championship
                        First ever MVC Tournament Championship
                        First ever NCAA Tournament Appearance

Team motto can be: "One We Will Be As We Go For Three"
                        Wow!! I like it! You must be a marketing guru :-)

Comment

Wow!! I like it! You must be a marketing guru :-)
                          I'm probably closer to being an emu than a guru! :biggrin-new:

Comment

• if they can really gel and play as a team, the sky will be the limit for these young ladies.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                              if they can really gel and play as a team, ...
                              If they can keep Jessie from wearing down and keep her out of foul trouble in critical games.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                If they can keep Jessie from wearing down and keep her out of foul trouble in critical games.
                                Above all else this is the key to our season. We are terribly thin at guard, especially at the point. I love our post players but if we don't have someone who can effectively bring the ball upcourt and distribute, then it won't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X