No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't really expect that Jaz would have put on much weight but I was hoping for a little. She can do very well in the MVC with her quickness and ahtleticism. Since she isn't putting on any weight I at least hope she is learning to put a little bit of arch on her free throw lane jump shots.

BTW, thanks for the eyewitness reports @oldtimewomen's hoopcoach:.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
      The experienced players are being leaders. The players Jody offered scholarships to at camp were destroyed by the returners. The returners look awfully good!!
      I would hope that experienced D-1 players would pretty much destroy high school players. The surprise would have been if the high school kids could stay with them. Do you know which players were offered?

I'm expecting solid years from our key seniors Jessica, Jaz and Chynna. The keys to how well we do may come down to how much the sophomores (Kelsey, Alex and Molly) can step up their games and how well Michelle and Darice can bounce back from a year on the shelf. And we have to figure out a way to avoid wearing Jessica down with excessive minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I would hope that experienced D-1 players would pretty much destroy high school players. The surprise would have been if the high school kids could stay with them. Do you know which players were offered?

I'm expecting solid years from our key seniors Jessica, Jaz and Chynna. The keys to how well we do may come down to how much the sophomores (Kelsey, Alex and Molly) can step up their games and how well Michelle and Darice can bounce back from a year on the shelf. And we have to figure out a way to avoid wearing Jessica down with excessive minutes.
        Not as much of a surprise as you would think. Keep in mind the D1 players are in their strength and conditioning part of the season, Have not played much ball in a month and would be lucky to hit a 3 with arms that have been hitting the weights hard. The high school players aren't school ball players, they are elite traveling team players in the middle of their travel season. The shockers still played well even though they played with only 5 on each team against teams of 10-12 for back to back games.
        Gonna be a good season!!

Comment

• Anxious to see or hear what recruit is post to be here at the start of the season,really encouraged to hear thee great news of the lady shox. The players I'm watching this year will be darice,price,molly, and harden with kelsey being the x factor of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
            Anxious to see or hear what recruit is post to be here at the start of the season,really encouraged to hear thee great news of the lady shox. The players I'm watching this year will be darice,price,molly, and harden with kelsey being the x factor of the team.
            Typically a player who signs this late is a project and/or has academic issues and needs to complete summer school to be eligible, so I'm not holding my breath. I agree with your assessment MumDaddy. Especially the very long 6-2 Kelsey. She was a guard in High School who could go coast to coast before her senior year very bad knee injury and surgery. She looks like her confidence is back and there is no fear of hurting her knee. Time will tell and how the coaches develop her, the rest of the team and their strategy with only one point, who's really a 2. I'm encouraged.

Comment

• Diamond will be able to play free,I see her having the ball atleast 60% off the time. Really anticipating a solid season,if we can run the valley we will be in good shape. But I would like to see our schedule though

Comment

• Originally posted by NolenKemp View Post
                Not as much of a surprise as you would think. Keep in mind the D1 players are in their strength and conditioning part of the season, Have not played much ball in a month and would be lucky to hit a 3 with arms that have been hitting the weights hard. The high school players aren't school ball players, they are elite traveling team players in the middle of their travel season. The shockers still played well even though they played with only 5 on each team against teams of 10-12 for back to back games.
                Gonna be a good season!!
                Valid point, although if the Shocks did dominate the high school kids it was probably due to superior strength and athleticism (and perhaps tenacity) and knowing each others game. The 3-point shot is not exactly a weapon of choice for this group of Shocker players. I wasn't there so I'm just speculating but based on the games they dominated last year my guess would be they overwhelmed them defensively and beat 'em up in transition. Maybe OTWHC can shed some light on that. In any case, it doesn't really mean very much one way or the other.

As far as your final statement I can get behind that 100%.

Comment

• Sounds like the ladies are putting in great work to have another good season. I know the ladies are gonna put in great effort to be true contenders

Comment

• Looks like we are up to 4 verbal commitments for the Class of 2013 based on Jody's tweets from this past Wednesday:

Jody Adams@coachjodyadams#3 committed for class of 2013!!!!!! Keep it rolling be a Shocker! #talented
                    7:30pm June 20, 2012

Jody Adams@coachjodyadams
                    I know I just said #3 committed to WSU but that has moved to #4 committed to the wbb Shocker team! #future
                    7:46pm June 20, 2012

Comment

• Who!? We need names!!!!! Where are they from,height, positions, and where are they from????????? I'm excited to hear and see this news!!!

Comment

• Jody and her staff probably can not say any more than what has been tweeted until the athletes sign their LOI's. So unless the players go public with their verbals and someone stumbles across that news we may not find out until the eary signing period in November.

Comment

• You don't think that coaches give people to contact to journalists who inquire? The coaches can't make public comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            You don't think that coaches give people to contact to journalists who inquire? The coaches can't make public comments.
                            I could be wrong, but as I understand it coaches cannot specifically name a player that has yet to sign a letter of intent to a member of the media. If a member of the media has the name of an athlete, the school can confirm that they are recruiting said athlete, but make no other comment on the matter. (Rule 13.10.2 is the one at stake, BTW).

The issues is addressed in regard to football in the following article. Pay attention in particular to Lane Kiffin example in the 3rd to last paragraph.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• But a coach can give a namer to a journalist off the record. The journalist can then go and interview the player and their coach. This is not rocket science. It happens all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                But a coach can give a namer to a journalist off the record. The journalist can then go and interview the player and their coach. This is not rocket science. It happens all the time.
                                It would still be a violation of NCAA rules. I'm not saying it doesn't happen with some regularity, but that doesn't mean that everyone is willing to do so. The whole point of the article I posted is that it does indeed happen all the time, but that the occasions where the journalists for whatever reason publicly acknowledge that they received information from a coach force schools to report violations. Even if you were a coach that didn't care about breaking the rule so long as it never was revealed that you said anything, would you trust a reporter to be discreet enough to guarantee that there would be no exposure of an NCAA violation, especially when the only thing you gain is fans knowing the names of verbal commits that they would have shortly found out about at the signing period anyway?
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X