No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=oldtimewomen's hoopcoach;326367]Jessie Diamond sat out; got in a car accident and has a concusion, she'll be good to go soon That made me think; who steps in for her if she is injured?[QUOTE]

Or sick, or tired or in foul trouble. Somehow they need to make sure the don't grind Jessica down to a pulp over the long season. I thought she may have worn down a little last season when we had Krystle to back her up. Hopefully, Jessica will come in in great shape, but even then you need to make sure you don't use her up too much as the season progresses.

I would love to see Kelsey have a break out year. Kelsey in particular might benefit from the addition of Kirk Crawford to the coaching staff.

Comment

• [QUOTE=1972Shocker;326450][QUOTE=oldtimewomen's hoopcoach;326367]Jessie Diamond sat out; got in a car accident and has a concusion, she'll be good to go soon That made me think; who steps in for her if she is injured?[QUOTE]

Or sick, or tired or in foul trouble. Somehow they need to make sure the don't grind Jessica down to a pulp over the long season. I thought she may have worn down a little last season when we had Krystle to back her up. Hopefully, Jessica will come in in great shape, but even then you need to make sure you don't use her up too much as the season progresses.

I would love to see Kelsey have a break out year. Kelsey in particular might benefit from the addition of Kirk Crawford to the coaching staff.[/QUOE]

I won't have any more scoop for a while as I'm leaving Wichita, but walked through Koch. New players, not so good. Haleigh was in the house working out as was Krystal. I asked Krystal if she's coming back. Her response, "No Way!!!" she is going to some big Juco in Texas. She said she is happy to leave!!!! I see nine players that will contribute. The kid from Kapaun with the baby shows no skills, sits out and doesn't want to work. Kelsey and Alex look very athletic.

Comment

• Disappointing to get such a poor report on Darice Fountaine. However, I'm willling to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. May take her awhile to get back into shape and into the swing of things after having a baby. Of course, she has the added responsibility of motherhood now so it is hard to say what her energy level and motivation will be like.

If Darice is unable to replace some of the lost production from Haleigh then we need Alex and Molly to really step up their games this year.

Not sure what to expect from the two incoming freshman, Alie and Michaela, but they no doubt have a steep learning curve ahead them to adjust to college and the D-1 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
          walked through Koch. New players, not so good.
          I have a feeling there may be an explantion for that.

Check out a couple of twitters from Michaela and Alie:

Michaela Dapprich@Mickey_D55just walked all the way to the end of campus for class and just realized it wasnt scheduled for today.... #mylegsarekillingme (June 6th)

Michaela Dapprich@Mickey_D55
          I can't move... #workoutsarekillingme (June 7th)

alie decker@alie_decker
          @kelseenicole00 ohhh you are going to do so awesome! Yes I love! it is super hard though!!! (June 7th)

Once they make it through boot camp they should be OK. Hopefully our seniors will push them to their limits but also let them know the tough work will payoff for them.

Comment

• Ready to see how the hard work pays off for the ladies this season

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
              Ready to see how the hard work pays off for the ladies this season
              Sorry folks, the Old Man is back in Wichita. Walked through Koch during last day of young girls b.ball camp. saw assistant Coach Kirk. He loves our Shox. said, there is no excuse for not winning the Valley in 2012-2013. I like him.

Comment

Sorry folks, the Old Man is back in Wichita. Walked through Koch during last day of young girls b.ball camp. saw assistant Coach Kirk. He loves our Shox. said, there is no excuse for not winning the Valley in 2012-2013. I like him.
                By the way, I stick with we go nine deep at best. Heard a rumor we have a new recruit coming in start of school. Probably not a point or big body, but a body. You all know my sources have been pretty good. :-)

Comment

• Oh really.....that would be great,hope she is a guard or forward.

Comment

• Couple of tweets from Jody in the past 24 hours:

Jody Adams@coachjodyadamsWrapping up the most talented & successful Shocker Elite Camp since I have been here. Thank you campers & families! We enjoyed it!

Jody Adams@coachjodyadams
                    TWO Shockers added to the class of 2013!!!! So excited about these two young ladies and their future as a SHOCKER! #WSUfuture

I am assuming Jody must have picked up a couple of yet-to-be-announced verbal commitments for the Class of 2013. Whether or not these players were at the Shocker Elite Camp is hard to say.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 18, 2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Here's one that got away:Taylor Williams, W
                      Kansas City, KS

• Bishop Ward H.S. (KS)
                      • Grade: 89
                      • Position Rank (W): 35
                      3-star W Taylor Williams is headed to the Big East

June 16, 2012 01:08PM ET

Taylor Williams of Kansas City, Kan., has verbally committed to Memphis. She said she considered Davidson, Denver, Oklahoma State, UTEP and Wichita State before deciding on the Tigers.

The 6-foot-1 wing prospect and rising senior at Bishop Ward High School is the first commit for the Tigers in the 2013 class. Williams is rated a three-star prospect by ESPN HoopGurlz.

Comment

• Jody tweet from June 11th:

Jody Adams@coachjodyadamsOur newcomer Michaela Dapprich was a beast in the Springfield All Star game. Lead all scorers with 16. #representing

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Jody tweet from June 11th:

Jody Adams@coachjodyadamsOur newcomer Michaela Dapprich was a beast in the Springfield All Star game. Lead all scorers with 16. #representing
                          One of the new freshman's sister has verbally committed. Maybe Michaela's sis. New 3-4 arrives in August. Don't know the name or details yet. Kelsey and Jaz are dominating summer work outs. Out on the track winning the mile and 400's. Look like track athletes.

Comment

One of the new freshman's sister has verbally committed. Maybe Michaela's sis.
                            Probably Michaela's sister Moriah who is a 5'11" senior-to-be at Branson and will be Class of 2013. I think Alie does have twin sisters, Andee and Kasey, both 5'10" sophomores to be at Edmond. Unlikely that Andee and Kasey would be committing this soon.

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                            Kelsey and Jaz are dominating summer work outs. Out on the track winning the mile and 400's. Look like track athletes.
                            I think that is pretty impressive when your 5's are winning the mile and 400's. Either that or the 1's thru 4's need to get going. Is Jaz putting on any weight at all?
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 19, 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Off to a nice start,keep them coming lady shox!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Probably Michaela's sister Moriah who is a 5'11" senior-to-be at Branson and will be Class of 2013. I think Alie does have twin sisters, Andee and urnKasey, both 5'10" sophomores to be at Edmond. Unlikely that Andee and Kasey would be committing this soon.

I think that is pretty impressive when your 5's are winning the mile and 400's. Either that or the 1's thru 4's need to get going. Is Jaz putting on any weight at all?
                                The experienced players are being leaders. The players Jody offered scholarships to at camp were destroyed by the returners. The returners look awfully good!! Any doubts I've had are beginning to fade away, though there is a lot of time before the final buzzer of a Valley title. Jaz is still very thin, big jumper, in shape. Just use her to the best of her God given ability. She is not a Banger.

Comment

Working...
                                X