No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word is that Ehimen took his GED today...no worries here.

The best pickup games aren't at WSU.

If Shocker fans are patient, they will absolutely love this kid.
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny Crane
      The best pickup games aren't at WSU.
      Those demolition derbies with pickups are the "best pickup games." Right? :D
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Denny, what prompts you to say, "If Shocker fans are patient, they will absolutely love this kid"?

How so? What do you know about him as an individual and/or basketball player that would elicit that statement from you?

Just trying to get more information about the young man.

Thanks!

Comment

• I pm'd you Tx
          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• The closer we get to the the start of the season, the less patience we will all need.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• :D :yahoo: :poster_eo:
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• 3 words.

Better than anticipated.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• His taking the GED so soon is good news, and I would assume it is not much of a problem for him. Plus he will be able to get his ACT out of the way.

Although we need to be patient, his averaging 12 ppg and 9 rpg for the Ebun Comets is/was not a fluke. He has to be somewhat athletic and have talent, and I am sure he will develop that talent under our coaching staff.

I tend to think of High School players as a 1, Juco players as a 1.5, D-1 experienced as a 2, then I evaluate their talent individually adjusting my rating of them to something like 2.8, 3.4 up to a 4 level, much like grades run.

So far, I have EO as a 1.5, the Juco level, until I can actually see him play.

Comment

• What I would like to know is how much getting EO out of Nigeria helps us in the future with other players there?

Does he have influence with other players that can benefit WSU?

It will be interesting to see how this whole scenario pans out!

Comment

• Word is that at the Shocker Basketball Camp the players did a little shoot around at the end of the day and no one could get by EO. Not even Paul Miller or Taj Gray (yes, Taj Gray). He was just blocking everything!
                      The Assman

Comment

• So Paul IS in town? :D

I was talking to a friend today and we were discussing how HUGE it would be and how much of a benefit to everyone on the current team if he were in town this summer.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The first night he played with the guys EO dunked on him 4 times.

Comment

• It could turn out to be a big benefit to Paul to have EO in town...... :D

Comment

• Ehimen may not be quite as offensively challenged as we were led to believe...

I have got to get in there next week and see some action.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The legend grows!:yahoo:
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X