No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I caught EO on this YouTube video, with a brand NEW soundtrack that will blow your minds!!!!

EDIT: After watching these clips, I understand why the NBA has to FIX games to get anyone to watch nowadays. Shaq...in the top 50??? Imagine Shaq v. Dream in a game of one on one!
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU
      The legend grows!:yahoo:
      That's what she said.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        Ehimen may not be quite as offensively challenged as we were led to believe...

I have got to get in there next week and see some action.
        You and me both. I will definately try and catch a game next Wednesday. If anyone has the skinny on times they will be typically playing pickup games it would be appreciated!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22

I will with hold judgment on that point until we have seen him in an organized offense, but it still can't be a bad sign.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
            I caught EO on this YouTube video, with a brand NEW soundtrack that will blow your minds!!!!

EDIT: After watching these clips, I understand why the NBA has to FIX games to get anyone to watch nowadays. Shaq...in the top 50??? Imagine Shaq v. Dream in a game of one on one!
            I see X made a couple of appearances in the video...
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              Originally posted by SubGod22

I will with hold judgment on that point until we have seen him in an organized offense, but it still can't be a bad sign.
              I'm with ya, but I, and I think many others, probably pictured him with a much more limited offensive ability than he appears to have. At least from the reports I've been hearing. I can't wait to see him. I know Paul wasn't the worlds greatest defender but he isn't chopped liver either. And considering he's been playing for pay he doesn't suck. I'm just way too stoked and I'm gonna have some sweet dreams!!!
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• How about defensively...is Paul scoring on EO? Paul eventually developed where he could score almost at will.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I thought I'd heard someone say Ehimen was swatting everyone. But I may have dreamed that as well. :D
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu
                    How about defensively...is Paul scoring on EO? Paul eventually developed where he could score almost at will.
                    IIRC, he did still have some trouble against athletic big men, of which it sounds like EO qualifies.

A post on the previous page of this topic indicates that Paul, as well as Taj Gray, were having trouble scoring on him.

Comment

• If Taj was having problems too, then it sounds like EO might not have many problems here. Taj wasn't the best, but he was a pretty good player too.

The more big guys EO plays against, the better off all will be.

And swatting shots is a very good thing in my book.

Comment

• Taj and Paul and even Kyle going up against Ramon, Ehimen, JT and Garrett are all good things. Paul was a crafty center with good offensive game and touch. Taj was much more physical and a good athlete. Kyle was smaller but still played physical but had a better finesse game. And I think all three have played over seas.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Mt Orukpe?
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Thinking of it logically, exactly how much offensive trouble could a 7' dude who's reportedly very smart and athletic have when positioned under the basket?

Teach him a new move every day and he's an offensive powerhouse in a week.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I, too, am getting stoked, and will make it a point to go watch next week.
                              EO is definately sounding better than anticipated.

I am ready for the season now. Can't wait for EO to be swatting down those Jays and Salukis.

Comment

• Paul got dunked on,that happens when skilled 7footers play but he scored at will on everyone also, including EO and abused GS when his time came but then I saw him giving them instructions also,so that was bigtime.If he stay around the entire summer no doubt they will get better.The team of CH,TM,PM,JTD,and WP won about 6 gms in a row.CH started looking for TM after he stroked 3 in a row.TM was feeding JTD and PM from the wing for some easy baskets.TM and Gal M had a little something going on,it was obvious.Gal was stronger but I would say it was a toss up they both scored going one on one and Gal hit a stepback jumper for a game winner.TM showed a little attitude when JTD didn't call a pick and Ramon C nailed him on the play.DK and ReggieC looked really good running together ReggieC didnt miss for a least 3 gms.DK caught one coming off the rim and hammered it in, that got a wow from everyone.CH is a damn good pg, he talks and commands the floor.GS didnt do much but you can tell he is going to be good.He scores with either hand in traffic.The newcomers are going to be fun to watch they all showed well.Finally the one observation that I was looking for is team chimistry,they all seem to like each other.They played hard but after it was over they were laughing and talking again.They were in midseason form shooting the ball and thats after lifting earlier.I know the coaches can't watch but they've got to be a little excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X