No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my motor is running, and I have decided to go out today to watch instead of waiting till next week, so expect another report later on tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Well, my motor is running, and I have decided to go out today to watch instead of waiting till next week, so expect another report later on tonight.
      Thanks in advance. :bow:
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Well, my motor is running, and I have decided to go out today to watch instead of waiting till next week, so expect another report later on tonight.
        Snap,

Will they be in the practice gym or the main court? I am going to get there about 5:15. Can someone try and leave a door open?
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

We expect a 'Snappy' detailed report at 9:00 pm tonight. :D
          :good:
          SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
            People should be excited about this class and the fact that Hawkins will be eligible. Plus, now I am reading first hand reports about EO (who I almost wrote off as a mythical figure) – he takes instruction well, he is not afraid of contact (I love that), he has a better than expected body (I admit, at his height, I expected a stick figure) and he actually has been taught some defensive fundamentals. I love the fact that Hannah is taking control of his team. GS is described exactly how I expected, i.e. he can't compete against a player like Miller in the post right now – but he can shoot, seems to want to do the little things on the court, has a good work ethic and will get better. Murry, Kyles and Chamberlain are also, about what I expected.

Notwithstanding, I am going to stop writing now – the more reading, thinking and writing about these reports I do the more difficult it becomes to contain my enthusiasm.

Therefore, I will tell myself, that these are only pick-up games. As everyone knows, organized ball is a different story.

P.S. Sub -- I hope you keep your head, as I would like to read what you think about the new team.
            Maggie - I have been a member of SN since before you joined so I have read most if not all your posts. I don't remember a time when you have sounded quite this optimistic. You always have very level-headed things to say, so I enjoy reading what you write. Sub falls into that same category. Now that BOTH of you are getting giddy, it really makes me wonder if I can keep a level head and not get overly excited only to be disappointed again. I too will be anxious to read what Sub has to say once he has witnessed the team for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21
              I too will be anxious to read what Sub has to say once he has witnessed the team for himself.
              Me too :D
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                People should be excited about this class and the fact that Hawkins will be eligible. Plus, now I am reading first hand reports about EO (who I almost wrote off as a mythical figure) – he takes instruction well, he is not afraid of contact (I love that), he has a better than expected body (I admit, at his height, I expected a stick figure) and he actually has been taught some defensive fundamentals. I love the fact that Hannah is taking control of his team. GS is described exactly how I expected, i.e. he can't compete against a player like Miller in the post right now – but he can shoot, seems to want to do the little things on the court, has a good work ethic and will get better. Murry, Kyles and Chamberlain are also, about what I expected.

Notwithstanding, I am going to stop writing now – the more reading, thinking and writing about these reports I do the more difficult it becomes to contain my enthusiasm.

Therefore, I will tell myself, that these are only pick-up games. As everyone knows, organized ball is a different story.

P.S. Sub -- I hope you keep your head, as I would like to read what you think about the new team.
                Maggie - I have been a member of SN since before you joined so I have read most if not all your posts. I don't remember a time when you have sounded quite this optimistic. You always have very level-headed things to say, so I enjoy reading what you write. Sub falls into that same category. Now that BOTH of you are getting giddy, it really makes me wonder if I can keep a level head and not get overly excited only to be disappointed again. I too will be anxious to read what Sub has to say once he has witnessed the team for himself.
                Shox21 – I admit I am struggling to contain my enthusiasm about this class. One of the problems, I think, with people in Wichita is that they expect too much – at certain times. However, I guess most of my optimism stems from my faith in Marshall. I like his style of play and intensity. The other thought driving me is the fact that there are several players in this class that have excellent upside – not just one or two.

I don’t think they are going to set the world on fire next year but I think they will be fun to watch. Watch them grow and learn how to compete on the D-1 level. I am waiting to hear from people I know in Wichita, people I trust (not that the analysis on this forum is suspect), to comment on the new players. If they come away impressed – you might hear my head explode all the way from NY.

I would love to describe myself as cautiously optimistic. But that would be a lie. My friends in Wichita – season ticket holders – have already accused me of hyping this class. But reading these posted coupled with what I already know – well lets just say I can’t help but smile.

That being said, I hope the fans in Wichita that are lucky enough to attend games are patient with these kids. They will make mistakes. They will lose games. They will frustrate you. But in the end, I am confident that Marshall will get the best out of these kids.

Comment

Shox21 – I admit I am struggling to contain my enthusiasm about this class. One of the problems, I think, with people in Wichita is that they expect too much – at certain times. However, I guess most of my optimism stems from my faith in Marshall. I like his style of play and intensity. The other thought driving me is the fact that there are several players in this class that have excellent upside – not just one or two.
                  Maggie - I think the reason some of us tend to expect too much is that we know it's out there. We (at least those of a certain age) have lived it, we cherished it, we cheered it, and we remember it. Sub is too young to have experienced those days. You either remember it, or you remember hearing about it from those that do remember it. I remember -- and IT WAS GRAND. I want those days back and when you see kids with the potential of this team, it's hard to contain yourself and not expect too much. But I'm trying.

Comment

• Keep the reports coming guys.....Thanks

:wsu_posters: :good: :good: :good: :good: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by rjl
                      At this rate, I'm going to demand nothing short of the Imperial March to be played when the players take the court.
                      :good:
                      Ill settle for JJ Johnson's Parade Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                        Maggie - I think the reason some of us tend to expect too much is that we know it's out there. We (at least those of a certain age) have lived it, we cherished it, we cheered it, and we remember it. Sub is too young to have experienced those days. You either remember it, or you remember hearing about it from those that do remember it. I remember -- and IT WAS GRAND. I want those days back and when you see kids with the potential of this team, it's hard to contain yourself and not expect too much. But I'm trying.
                        I am old enough to remember the late 70s and early 80s. I was ten years old – give or take but I remember going to games. X is my favorite basketball player (and why I became a Knicks fan) – the best I ever witnessed in a college game. My grandfather (god rest his soul) and father are WSU alumnus – so they go further back than I do. So I know where you are coming from; however, we live in a different basketball environment now.
                        I am not saying these kids have that kind of potential – that is a very, very high bar – way too much to expect. You have to be realistic.

However, this class is, in my humble opinion, the best to hit this campus in many moons

Comment

• the season cant get here soon enough

:wsu_posters: :clap:
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

am old enough to remember the late 70s and early 80s. I was ten years old – give or take but I remember going to games. X is my favorite basketball player (and why I became a Knicks fan) – the best I ever witnessed in a college game. My grandfather (god rest his soul) and father are WSU alumnus – so they go further back than I do. So I know where you are coming from; however, we live in a different basketball environment now.
                            I am not saying these kids have that kind of potential – that is a very, very high bar – way too much to expect. You have to be realistic.

However, this class is, in my humble opinion, the best to hit this campus in many moons
                            I don't expect THIS team to do what X and Company did, but the building blocks are there. The better this team is, the better recruits we get the next time out, the better the next team is. One miss in a recruiting class (like MT did in two consecutive ones) and we slide down the ladder and have to start all over again. I trust Marshall is not going to let that happen. We will start to climb, and continue to do so. That's all I want. I don't expect the moon overnight, just in the not so distant future.

Comment

• I've heard the stories and I do believe we can reach those heights again. As Shox21 said, these are the building blocks, the foundation. I expect recruiting to continue to bring in quality players and that we can and will rise. We CAN be a top 25 team year in and year out. We CAN attract those kinds of recruits. We CAN win here and win big. It WILL take some time though and I think most of us understand that. But there IS reason to be excited.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
                                Aside from the roster players, others notables were Gal Mekel; Kyle Wilson; P.J. and Jay Cousinard (UMKC); Doug Moore (ESU via East High); Kevin Kirkland (Summit Prep, Calif., via Bishop Carroll); a 6-7 white kid who could shoot from outside (probably a local kid); and a possible recruit who did not play (he was a 6-7 white kid who was there with his mom.)
                                I'm still a Gal Mekel fan and hope he does well in Europe/Asia. However I'm curious why he is here; does he have a visa that allows him to come to the US when he wants? Is he still a WSU student who plans to finish his degree? (If so, would this help our MBB APR?)
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X