Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Originally posted by RoyalShock
    I think it will be Friday, at the very, very earliest, before we hear something.

Besides travel (I'm assuming the embassy is in Lagos) and communication difficulties, someone there has to process the visa, assuming it's even granted.

I'm thinking early-to-middle of next week is a realistic best-case scenario.
    You may be right when we hear it, but unless schedules change there is going to be a phone call in the early morning from Wichita to Lagos involving relevant individuals. Personally, I hope to know something by the time I get to work.

Yes Dr but can you let us know. Your anxiety may be assuaged at that time, but ours is still climbing.

Comment

• It's 9 p.m. Wed. night in Lagos. Do you know where your Center is?

(Hopefully climbing into bed for good night's sleep, leaving him in top form for what could be a very big day in Shocker basketball history)
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        I think it will be Friday, at the very, very earliest, before we hear something.

Besides travel (I'm assuming the embassy is in Lagos) and communication difficulties, someone there has to process the visa, assuming it's even granted.

I'm thinking early-to-middle of next week is a realistic best-case scenario.
        You may be right when we hear
        And that is what I was referring to, the "official" announcement.

Comment

• I'm praying for a little Divine Intervention. :good:
          SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
            It's 9 p.m. Wed. night in Lagos. Do you know where your Center is?

(Hopefully climbing into bed for good night's sleep, leaving him in top form for what could be a very big day in Shocker basketball history)

Locked and loaded and ready to nail this thing shut.

I hear ya' Royal.......I continue to remain optimistic in the face of realism.

I'm waiting to be flogged by 'law, kc, 'Fever...etc.....

Comment

• Hey all. Did you hear? Me neither, but I agree with Royal and the good Dr.

I think we hear something, good or bad, come the middle of next week. I think if we don't hear anything about Orukpe, it will be another player.

I am optimistic that with all the paperwork, letters, and coaching that this is the end all be all for Ehimen to be a Shocker.

Let's hope for the best, not only for us, but that everything works out in the end for this young man.

Comment

Who have been strangely absent for the last few pages. Maybe they don't like us anymore. :lol:

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Let's hope for the best, not only for us, but that everything works out in the end for this young man.
                  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sometimes we forget what is important.

Attaboy DTSB.

Comment

• Regardless of whether or not EO ever makes it here, I still give the staff major props for their commitment, resolve and relentlessness… outstanding effort is typically rewarded.
                    I have no doubts that better days are on the immediate horizon. :good: :good:
                    SFL is back!

Comment

• You're right SFL, the effort and dedication in recruiting has taken a quantum leap forward in 12 very short months. The rest of the country is about to learn exactly how much.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• I've been thinking about it. I may be young but if we get good news in the next week I may wet myself as well. I'm not sure I've ever had this sort of anxiety/excitement about a recruit ever. Don't get me wrong, I've been excited about recruits and potential recruits but this has surpased any of that.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Who have been strangely absent for the last few pages. Maybe they don't like us anymore. :lol:

No they have just been busy bitching and whining in the baseball forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s
                            Originally posted by HockeyShock
                            Originally posted by WuDrWu

No they have just been busy bitching and whining in the baseball forum.
                            Au contraire mon frere. Although this thread has lasted more than time itself, I am interested and hoping EO will be with the team by the start of the season. Although in Nigeria, I think it will take some under the table type stuff in order to get that done.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                              Has he passed the NCAA clearinghouse yet?
                              I'm starting to wonder if the coaching staff hasn't made up this fable called "Orupke" to occupy the fans.

Comment

Locked and loaded and ready to nail this thing shut.

I hear ya' Royal.......I continue to remain optimistic in the face of realism.

I'm pretty disappointed that you grouped me in with the 'law'. That was low Doc and didn't make much sense.

I guess you can't be a fan unless you think everything is perfect, gonna work out in the end, and be 100% right all of the time. Shame on us for fans we are not.. :roll:
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X