Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    If this EO thang gets worked out, I will probably wet my pants.

Get the Depends out for me as well. I have high hopes for good news Thursday but also I was encouraged by Marty's comments that if things do not go as planned Thursday, there are other alternatives to explore.

I read as meaning, "this kid is good enough that we cannot give up on Thursday if it doesn't happen and in fact we have already explored the possibility and have a couple of contingency plans in the works."

Comment

• Tell me I wasn't the only one that heard him say that EO will be taking a letter to this meeting (from the NBA) that states he is one of the top NBA prospects from Africa, please.

Comment

• I did not hear that one.
        But I wasnt listening either

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Tell me I wasn't the only one that heard him say that EO will be taking a letter to this meeting (from the NBA) that states he is one of the top NBA prospects from Africa, please.
          Danny Ainge has confirmed the above to be true.

Comment

• Well....If Ainge said it, it must be so.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Tell me I wasn't the only one that heard him say that EO will be taking a letter to this meeting (from the NBA) that states he is one of the top NBA prospects from Africa, please.
              Was coach Gross on the radio this morning? If so, which show?

Comment

• This was no Danny Ainge moment. I either heard it on or off the air and it is certainly possible that I heard it a day other than yesterday. He has been singled out by the NBA.

Comment

• Ok, nevermind. I forgot he was on yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Was coach Gross on the radio this morning? If so, which show?

I don't know about this morning, but my referece is to his KGSO appearance at the GM Tourney on Monday.

Comment

That might actually be his best bet to get out of the country. Holding him back from an NBA career would be bad. Especially when it brings exposure to the country he is from.

Comment

• It was mentioned that another athlete had an invitation to a Nike camp and recieved his student visa in a matter of 3 minutes. Hopefully EO's letter carries the same weight.

Comment

• I pray it does.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This was no Danny Ainge moment. I either heard it on or off the air and it is certainly possible that I heard it a day other than yesterday. He has been singled out by the NBA.
                            You know the old expression.

"If he can play, they will find him."

They = NBA

Comment

• NBA - Where getting athletes out of third world countries happen.

Comment

• I'll have alot more respect for the NBA if they pull this off. I currently have none, so I guess anything would be an improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X