No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world record for consecutively made free throws is 5,221.

The NBA record is 97.

The NCAA Division I record is 85.

I will settle for 10....er, make that 7.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
      Did anybody watch EO's last game? I saw EO's first five minutes or so of play. His shot blocking was impressive going up against a good 6-8 center. He also went up hard for dunks two times and was fouled. Much more impressed with these few minutes than with his first game.
      I'd expect him to get better as he gets healthier and he shakes off the rust. A defensive presence in the middle will be GREAT!!!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by DCShockerFan05
        No, I think the thread should continue throughout EO's career and beyond. I expect to see an announcement of his grandson's birth on page 943, and details of the corresponding recruiting visit on page 1116.
        :good:
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Coincidentally, this thread "Any News on Orupke? started on 11/11/07 ... now here we are two years to the day, over 100 pages and 120,000+ views later and the news should finally be "Orupke is a Shocker!"

Do I hear the strains of Carly Simon singing "Antici-pay-yay-shun" ???

:D

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Maybe this thread can be permanently stickied for posterity's sake.

Comment

• :poster_eo:

Substitute 'EO' in place of 'Heigh-ho'. Hopefully Marshall has found a 'diamond' after a lot of dig, dig, diggin'.

:good: :good:

"EEEEOOOOOOO!".........

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

:poster_eo:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85
                Coincidentally, this thread "Any News on Orupke? started on 11/11/07 ... now here we are two years to the day, over 100 pages and 120,000+ views later and the news should finally be "Orupke is a Shocker!"

Do I hear the strains of Carly Simon singing "Antici-pay-yay-shun" ???

:D

--'85.
                The power of the 11's!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  Maybe this thread can be permanently stickied for posterity's sake.
                  This thread should never be stickied. It should be kept in the top 5 topics by continuous posts.

Comment

• And it is DONE........again:

WICHITA, Kan. ? Seven-foot center Ehimen Orukpe, a native of Delta, Nigeria, has signed a National Letter of Intent to play men's basketball at Wichita State and will have three years of eligibility, Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• And finally he is a Shocker!

Comment

• welcome back Ehimen, i hope your here to stay :wsu_posters: :clap: :poster_eo:
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I gotta give the kid some credit....he is one LOYAL and DEDICATED dude! Welcome once again Ehimen!

E.O. could end up "riding pine" for 3 years and underachieving like crazy but I would still be a HUGE supporter. Just for the simple fact that he stuck with his commitment to the Shockers for over 2 years. He's been through alot and this shows alot about what kind of character he has.

P.S. I don't think he'll ride pine for 3 years...just saying.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                            I gotta give the kid some credit....he is one LOYAL and DEDICATED dude! Welcome once again Ehimen!
                            Absoflippinlutely. When Gregg says he is a good kid, you can take that to the bank. He could have gone about anywhere he wanted....he stayed loyal to WSU.

Comment

• :yahoo:

Comment

• I think it's safe to say EO is a guy who wants to play ball and wants to do it at WSU.

He's already expressed a desire to go league and has said that the harder he works at it, the more money he will make after he's out of college. I don't think there will be a problem with work ethic.

He gets 1 year with Durley and 2 years with Stutz. I think he'll learn some offense. The questions is whether he will be able to execute what he learns in that period of time.

I didn't think I'd live to see the day that WSU would have 2 7' players on the roster, let alone 2 7' players who can play the game.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X