Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    When all is said and done, basketball is a form of entertainment. A player like Xavier McDaniel was exceptionally entertaining based on his tenacity, his ability, and his determination. That's entertainment!

EO is one of the more entertaining players in WSU's history. It's great to see him on the court. It's great to watch what happens to opponents when they get into an area he's defending and either abandon any intentions they had or more or less give the ball to the Shox one way or another.

I was hoping and expecting that his stat lines would be better than he's had, but I still love to see him on the court. That's the basic fundamental of anything involving entertainment. EO is capable of putting butts in seats and getting people to watch on TV. That's what it's all about, so EO is a successful basketball player, despite his lack of racking up stats.

I look forward to following EO's career after WSU. I think that if he chooses basketball, he's got a shot at the NBA in a couple of years. He may choose something more academic.
    He certainly has had his moments of entertainment. He is a bigger star off the court with his A+ class and personality to go with his brilliance. Maybe he can have some basketball presence over seas for a few years before he utilizes the great education he received from WSU. But let's not continue any illusion that he will play in the NBA...ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I look forward to following EO's career after WSU. I think that if he chooses basketball, he's got a shot at the NBA in a couple of years. He may choose something more academic.
      I'm thinking if there is an A-10/Valley merged league we run him for commissioner.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• The conversation thread on Shockernet.net is the stuff of legend in the world of Internet fan forums — 3,912 messages dating to 2007. It is a voluminous amount of talk about Wichita State’s quietest basketball player, senior Ehimen Orukpe.

“Any news on Orukpe?” the topic begins, and it careens through his on-again, off-again departure from Nigeria, his attempt to get eligible, two seasons at a junior college and three with the Shockers.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/18/272...#storylink=cpy
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• SubGod22 & SHOXMVC... +1 to each of you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
            If EO plays good in the Dance, he will not be a bust. I want to see him rebound and block shots,and yes, the occasional dunk. He is more athletic than any 7 footer he has come up against. His first test is against the Panthers.
            Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            So is EO gonna drop that 18 Thursday afternoon? Might be his last crack at it.
            I just watched Independence Day on tv last weekend. In the words of Will Smith, right after downloading a somehow compatible virus into an alien computer, smoking a stogie and shooting a nuke into the mother ship,

"I AIN'T HEARD NO FAT LADY!"

Comment

• Originally posted by garylee View Post
              I am not going to take the time to read the 158 pages here so forgive me if this point has already been made. I think a lot of EO's value when he is on the court is an intangible that simply cannot be measured. Once he has rejected someone that individual AND their teammates take notice and, more times than not, stop trying to attack the rim and HIM while he is in there. He is an intimidator and that intimidation is a valuable intangible you can't measure. Anyone remember Tulsa last year ? I thought he turned that game around and in our favor just with his intimidation. I think coaches like having that option to go to when their team is getting abused by someone in the paint.
              Actually there are people trying to measure that. A lot of NBA teams have installed cameras that track player movement and can tell how often a player deters a shot from happening in a certain area. No surprise but Dwight Howard faces the fewest shots close to the basket. The full article is below for anyone that cares to read it.

Comment

• Starting center on the team to advance in the dance over a team possibly better than VCU was last year?

Stutz can't say that.

Not making arguments by any means. Just looking for silver linings :) I'm still waiting for that 5 block, ehimen alley-ukpe game and now the only way it happens is over a 1 seed. Could change his final impression here. Do it, big man.

Comment

• One thing I will say about Ehimen is he is probably the best big man on the team when it comes to hedging and recovering. He's so quick and long that he does both pretty well.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    One thing I will say about Ehimen is he is probably the best big man on the team when it comes to hedging and recovering. He's so quick and long that he does both pretty well.
                    7 footers usually aren't good at doing that.

Comment

• Friendly reminder.

EO starts for the shockers in spite of his offense being in the dumpster.

This is because his defense and mere presence on the court is so good that he demands time. He helps the team win anyway.

He is about to get matched up with the best center in the country. It could be a beautiful matchup. Defense doesn't show up on paper but it does show up in the win column.

I hope EO tekele cottons olynyks butt. If you can figure out that sentence, here is a cyber high five.

Deny, stand your ground, swat, rebound, INTIMIDATE. For all I know Kelly might leave with a man (or woman?) crush on EOs body. I know there are some around here who have.

Oh yeah and get a few alley-ukpes.

Comment

• Big fella,

The line from your last game was for ****. Forgive my tone but we need you tonight. We need you to be smart, be calm, and be a stopper.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• When Early & Hall aren't in the game EO or CJ needs to play defense like there is no tomorrow. EO hasn't been very consistent lately, while we know defense isn't CJ's strength. Hopefully Early & Hall stay out of foul trouble, so EO & CJ don't have to log a lot of minutes. We are going to have to score 75+ points, which doesn't bode well for EO playing a lot.

Comment

• I thought he played alright tonight. Nothing great and some problems, but he made life hard on olynyk at times. Did just enough and the team stepped in and completed the picture.

The big fella keeps earning extra games. Just like jake hitting that three, EO has more in the tank. Count on it.

Comment

• I think I would love EO a lot more if they stopped passing him the ball.

Comment

• I watched the replay at 1 a.m. last and EO is a major reason why Harris was 2-8 from the field and Olynyk was 8-22. Eight of 22 for the all-world Olynyk!

EO played just 15 minutes but seemed to do a lot in that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X