No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he had a huge block on that break away late.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      And he had a huge block on that break away late.
      It was Olympian! Moving into fifth place with an exclamation mark.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• EO's defense has continued to be quite good in the tournament. His offense continues to mysteriously regress though.

I still have hope he can cure his Stone Hands Syndrome for a day and come up with a 6 or 8 point game to propel us to Atlanta.

Comment

• I think the problem with EO catching the ball has more to do with where it's thrown to him. The best place to throw the ball to him is up high, not a bound pass at his knees, not a pass to his waist, not a pass where he has to reach left or right for it, but a pass that's at his head level or above.

Comment

• I think EO did very well
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I think we can get this to 4k before his career here is done.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think we can get this to 4k before his career here is done.
                Without a doubt!

Comment

• Which EO shows up against the smaller la salle team? The one from the first siu game or the one from the second siu game?

10 pts, 10 bounds and 9 blocks? Or another mediocre performance with 10-15 minutes 2 points, 4 bounds and 1 block with 2-3 TOs?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Which EO shows up against the smaller la salle team? The one from the first siu game or the one from the second siu game?

10 pts, 10 bounds and 9 blocks? Or another mediocre performance with 10-15 minutes 2 points, 4 bounds and 1 block with 2-3 TOs?
                    I'd be cool with an average of the two performances.

Comment

• If EO has a big game, we win against La Salle by a wide margin. Their two weapons on offense are hitting 3s and dribble penetration by guards. If EO has a game like the first SIU game or the Iowa game where he blocks tons of shots and intimidates at the rim, it gives our guards a lot of freedom to play tight on their shooters.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• EO starts as usual and if he doesn't assert himself in the first 5 minutes, we won't see much of him after that.

On the other hand, I think he might be in for one of those games where a quick post defender like him might get a lot done on the inside.

My head tells me it will be more of the same, but my heart wants that big game just for the entertainment value. Watching him dominate when he is ON is something worth paying for by itself and I want him to bless the nation with it.

Comment

I think we can get this to 4k before his career here is done.
                          I'll do my part

Comment

• I have been thinking about his role come thursday. He does move well so the speed isn't an issue. The issue is if he's in, can Hall keep up with whoever he has to guard? That is what may keep Ehimen on the bench. IF the speed gets to us, I could see us trying zone to keep them in front and then Ehimen can play a much bigger role.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• A zone might not be the baddest of looks especially with him in the center of it all. If they happen to drive past the front line our bigs can be pretty formidable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                A zone might not be the baddest of looks especially with him in the center of it all. If they happen to drive past the front line our bigs can be pretty formidable.
                                Exactly. I know 3G doesn't like going zone, but if we can keep pressure on the perimeter in zone we could protect the paint pretty well.

I am interested to see how we approach it. Hall and Early move fairly well. Perhaps switch everything outside?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X