No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just thinking about this thread this morning. I didn't look for it however. Page 5 you say?

Comment

• Yes. Page 5. It's a damn shame
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Did this 3/11/13 honor get lost in the shuffle?
        I’m proud of the ‘big guy’ and the way he represents my university.

ST. LOUIS -- Wichita State's Ehimen Orukpe highlights a list of 13 student-athletes honored as part of the 2013 MVC Scholar-Athlete Teams, announced today by the league office.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Did this 3/11/13 honor get lost in the shuffle?
          I’m proud of the ‘big guy’ and the way he represents my university.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...DB_OEM_ID=7500
          Someone started another EO thread about it.

Comment

• Here is a little more detail:

http://www.mvc-sports.com/media/2012...ar-Athlete.pdf

Ehimen with a 3.52 in Mathematics. Congratulations Ehimen! Very well done indeed!

Comment

• I want so bad for him to finish in style in the dance. He has been such a topic for all these years. I want him to close out a big game for us like Aaron Ellis did at home against creighton or with a solid game along with hatch in the finals of the NIT. I always loved Ellis and these two guys are similar for me.

Do it EO. Win us a game in the dance. He needs to heat up as much or more than anyone to make this thing happen.

Comment

• If EO wins a game for us in the dance it would be most likely by blocking or altering shots. We really don't want him trying to be what he isn't, but we need him to be what he is to the best of his ability. If he does that he can be a very valuable component of this Shocker TEAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  If EO wins a game for us in the dance it would be most likely by blocking or altering shots. We really don't want him trying to be what he isn't, but we need him to be what he is to the best of his ability. If he does that he can be a very valuable component of this Shocker TEAM.
                  Iowa!!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• EO will have a big opportunity to show what he can do against a legit 7 footer. I'm not expecting much but I will say he has an opportunity. We could really use the big fella playing with fire to make a run in the Dance. I don't think we MUST have him, but it sure would make great things more probable. EO has now officially been filed into my disappointment folder. He showed great promise in that Iowa game and then a few sparkles after, but now he seems to be settling into a very below-average category for a man of his physical gifts AND NOW experience. Yes, he has sufficient experience, even for an African straight out of the bush with his talents to show us more in a game. He has 5 years of college ball in the U.S., he is setting records in our weight room, he can jump out of the gym. There is no reason on God's green earth that he shouldn't have averaged 10 rebounds a game in the MoValley.

Unless EO has the most incredible of break-out performances in the Dance, he is officially now a BUST. That's right, CB has now called EO a bust - a massive bust - unless something magical happens in the Dance.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Here is a little more detail:

Ehimen with a 3.52 in Mathematics. Congratulations Ehimen! Very well done indeed!

Meh. Everybody and their dog knew that EO would dominate in the classroom. It was the hardwood for which he was recruited. I don't think he has even earned a 2.5 on the hardwood.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Meh. Everybody and their dog knew that EO would dominate in the classroom. It was the hardwood for which he was recruited. I don't think he has even earned a 2.5 on the hardwood.

T

Not officially a bust. He's been a very good if not great defensive intimidator. Just has zero balance and is very "soft" with the ball.
                        I just can't believe how he hasn't had a bazillion alley-opps over his career.....but I kinda blame that on D-Will. Lol
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          EO will have a big opportunity to show what he can do against a legit 7 footer. I'm not expecting much but I will say he has an opportunity. We could really use the big fella playing with fire to make a run in the Dance. I don't think we MUST have him, but it sure would make great things more probable. EO has now officially been filed into my disappointment folder. He showed great promise in that Iowa game and then a few sparkles after, but now he seems to be settling into a very below-average category for a man of his physical gifts AND NOW experience. Yes, he has sufficient experience, even for an African straight out of the bush with his talents to show us more in a game. He has 5 years of college ball in the U.S., he is setting records in our weight room, he can jump out of the gym. There is no reason on God's green earth that he shouldn't have averaged 10 rebounds a game in the MoValley.

Unless EO has the most incredible of break-out performances in the Dance, he is officially now a BUST. That's right, CB has now called EO a bust - a massive bust - unless something magical happens in the Dance.

T

You almost sound like SHOXMVC...although I still believe he has some value going up against legit post players who haven't seen us before. If EO can return to owning the paint on defense and rebound better during his 15 minutes of play, while making the basic catch and pass on offense, his presence will be felt.

I just hope the most over-hyped player in Shocker history has a few more games in him.

Comment

• From Paul Suellentrop

The conversation thread on Shockernet.net is the stuff of legend in the world of Internet fan forums — 3,912 messages dating to 2007. It is a voluminous amount of talk about Wichita State’s quietest basketball player, senior Ehimen Orukpe.

“Any news on Orukpe?” the topic begins, and it careens through his on-again, off-again departure from Nigeria, his attempt to get eligible, two seasons at a junior college and three with the Shockers.

Five years and so many cheers.

Fans, inspired by his story, adopted him as a favorite in Koch Arena. His playing time didn’t matter. His sometimes-awkward attempts at scoring didn’t matter. When Orukpe dunked or blocked a shot, fans cheered his successes with an investment that surpassed wins and losses.
                            Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/03/18/272...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• We. Are. Awesome!!!
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The man crush continues..... :)
                                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X