X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
    I didn't react until your 2,665th post calling EO a bust. LOL

BTW - Don't flatter yourself - its the $$$
    Your ADD is getting bad. Don't focus on the forest for the trees. Sorry, you don't do well with comprehension so let me get my Big Chief tablet and crayons out to explain. This means your focusing on one specific detail and can't see the big picture. Read a reasonable sample of posts...SLOWLY. I like EO for what he is, not what he isn't. FOCUS MO...F-O-C-U-S!!!

Comment

• Am I going to have to pull a 'baller and dig up all the anti-EO sentiments DD has been spewing forever and repost them? I'm too tired and full of turkey to do that.. they're out there though.

Nevermind, it's Thanksgiving and today is a day to give thanks. I want to give thanks that Ehimen Orukpe is on our team!!!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Am I going to have to pull a 'baller and dig up all the anti-EO sentiments DD has been spewing forever and repost them? I'm too tired and full of turkey to do that.. they're out there though.

Nevermind, it's Thanksgiving and today is a day to give thanks. I want to give thanks that Ehimen Orukpe is on our team!!!

T

Your ADD is getting bad. Don't focus on the forest for the trees. Sorry, you don't do well with comprehension so let me get my Big Chief tablet and crayons out to explain. This means your focusing on one specific detail and can't see the big picture. Read a reasonable sample of posts...SLOWLY. I like EO for what he is, not what he isn't. FOCUS MO...F-O-C-U-S!!!

I feel like I'm teaching third graders comprehension. Recess time boys. Stay out of the street.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          LOL - if you only knew what I do for a living. I'm done...Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            LOL - if you only knew what I do for a living. I'm done...Happy Thanksgiving

SHOXMVC has been shockernet's EO wet blanket. He needs to own his statements and allow the optimists to enjoy EO's big moments.

He also needs to recognize that EO's impact is much bigger than the stats indicate. For instance, the guards get to over play and dominate the peremeter because they have a very good rim protector to bail'em out.... SHOXMVC loves to point out EO's over zealous block attempts which result in EO being out of position for a defensive board - now he needs to recognize that EO is what makes this shocker team a unique beast for other teams to deal with.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
              SHOXMVC has been shockernet's EO wet blanket. He needs to own his statements and allow the optimists to enjoy EO's big moments.

He also needs to recognize that EO's impact is much bigger than the stats indicate. For instance, the guards get to over play and dominate the peremeter because they have a very good rim protector to bail'em out.... SHOXMVC loves to point out EO's over zealous block attempts which result in EO being out of position for a defensive board - now he needs to recognize that EO is what makes this shocker team a unique beast for other teams to deal with.
              Careful, you have just become an illiterate - non comprehending target of the MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD !!!

Cold, please save us........

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Am I going to have to pull a 'baller and dig up all the anti-EO sentiments DD has been spewing forever and repost them? I'm too tired and full of turkey to do that.. they're out there though.

T

Originally posted by proshox View Post

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                Careful, you have just become an illiterate - non comprehending target of the MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD !!!

Cold, please save us........
                I probably shouldn't be stepping in this quicksand, but here goes. Maybe you guys are just pulling @SHOXMVC: chain, but could you show me he's being anti-EO?

Did he say over-hyped? Probably. He still is, at this point, given he's had one big game and the bazillion posts on his thread. Did he call out those who predicted such numbers of double-doubles, scoring over 20 points, being the career leader in blocked shots are probably unreasonable. Yup. And they may still be. Did he respond time and time and time and time again to counter the hopes of Cold. Yes. Sorry, SHOXMVC, I can't help you there.

However, he never meant EO ill will and said numerous times that he hoped he would have a productive season. He has also been complimentary regarding EO on rare occasions (probably because the occasions warranting to do so have been rare in the past).

Just give it a rest. All of you. This has the makings of a special season and we all hope that EO will be a quality contributor to its success.

:poster_eo: :wsu_posters:

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

To identify plays that EO made in the Iowa game, I watched the recorded video. Some plays, which were made by EO and and not covered by stats are as follows:

1. Knocked ball away from opponent - 2. One occasion lead to a steal by another Shocker.

2. Alter shots - 3. Opponents would drive, see EO in their path, try to put the brakes on and then loft a high teardrop shot. No baskets.

3. Intimidation - 1. Opponent drove, saw EO in his path, put on the brakes and backed out.

4. Scrum - 1. EO jumped into a floor scrum and came out with the ball. I am not sure, whether it was recorded as a steal. It might have been a save. (This play might be in box score, if it was a steal.)

5. Helped out numerous times with defensive press play and offensive play against the press. On one occasion, he made a very nice play to avoid a back court violation/turnover.

With his increasing experience, he is becoming pretty heady.

My recounting above may not be perfectly accurate, but it is sufficiently accurate to conclude that EO is making good progress in becoming more effective in the post.

I only have one suggestion for EO - put the left handed hook shot on the back burner for awhile.
                  Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; November 22, 2012, 11:19 PM.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Maybe we should all put SHOXMVC on Ignore for a few weeks?
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• I second the motion.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I probably shouldn't be stepping in this quicksand, but here goes. Maybe you guys are just pulling @SHOXMVC chain, but could you show me he's being anti-EO?

Did he say over-hyped? Probably. He still is, at this point, given he's had one big game and the bazillion posts on his thread. Did he call out those who predicted such numbers of double-doubles, scoring over 20 points, being the career leader in blocked shots are probably unreasonable. Yup. And they may still be. Did he respond time and time and time and time again to counter the hopes of Cold. Yes. Sorry, SHOXMVC, I can't help you there.

However, he never meant EO ill will and said numerous times that he hoped he would have a productive season. He has also been complimentary regarding EO on rare occasions (probably because the occasions warranting to do so have been rare in the past).

Just give it a rest. All of you. This has the makings of a special season and we all hope that EO will be a quality contributor to its success.

:poster_eo: :wsu_posters:

You sound like you are sincere so I will bring you up to speed...

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        My point is simply this. Whether we have injuries or not, Hall is our 5 who dominates the minutes. Why not EO dominate those minutes, or at least get half of them? Because regardless of the fact he is 7-foot and can run like a deer, EO is a liability if he plays more than about 12 minutes per game (give or take a couple).

He can block shots at a rate we as Shocker fans have never seen before. I don't dispute that. Believe it or not many of the shots he altered last year went in for the opposition. And because he lacks BBIQ and experience (not his fault), he goes after shots an experience shot blocker wouldn't, which gets him out of position, therefore exposing the very territory many on this board thinks he commands just because he is in the game. As was proved at Shocker Madness his on-ball defense isn't even average for a player his height and athleticism. And because his offense is, well, almost non-existent...he is a liability.

He will be a nice asset in very short spurts...which will add up to about 12 minutes per game. He has done absolutely nothing in his first two seasons to predict the kind of production you and others on SN predict. Being 7-foot and a monster athlete does nothing unless the reward is reasonably predictive to warrant the 20 minutes many think he will garner.
                        Just because you're 7-foot and block shots doesn't make you a good defender. Make no mistake...I do not think EO is an "excellent" defender. And let me add...he isn't a "decent" offensive player either. Excellent and decent are your words not mine...and I am not paraphrasing.
                        Ding, ding, ding, ding...this is the most plausible/realistic take yet. Congrats.

EO will see approximately 12 minutes per game...period...maybe a little less, but not much. A logical case can't be made to the contrary without rose colored glasses attached firmly on the face...sorry to the EO man crush team members. No offense is intended.
                        I hope this was in jest. There are few things more unimportant than winning the opening tip. That, however would be the only reason EO gets the start.
                        I love the enthusiasm for EO. He has improved. But let's not fool ourselves...he will not start (except for senior night), except by some unique circumstance. He will be lucky to average 12 minutes per game. Hall will play the 5, followed by a diet of Lufile and EO. Lufile will probably see more time at the 5 than EO for a reason...he brings more overall value. That said, we are talented and deep at every position. LET'S PLAY SOME BASKETBALL!!!
                        No doubt, EO has improved...enough to play about 12 minutes per game. No, I haven't seen Lufile play, but have talked to people inside the program that feel Lufile will probably at least split the balance of the minutes Hall doesn't play with EO.

I can't wait to see EO play more...he has worked hard enough to earn it...but there seems to be a lot of EO envy on this board. He is what he is...a freak of an athlete that is severely limited due to his BBIQ. It isn't his fault...but at the same time don't over expect what he can't deliver.

You know, after digging up a few of DD's comments, I started to feel kind of bad. I had forgotten how negative and bold some of his proclamations were. I think it's safe to say that I can go ahead and procure all the ingredients for his dinner. He has earned his crow in record time. This is embarrassing and I hate doing this to a good Shocker fan, but the comments made regarding E.O. demand a lesson.

No offense. :(

T

Comment

• EO was BAD his So year. He had Durley and Stutz ahead of him for PT, so the fact that he was BAD didn't hurt the team that won the NIT. EO wasn't as bad his Jr year, but he was still playing behind a first-team All-Valley player and the Valley NoY. We didn't need production from him.

Then there's the never-ending deal about not counting big guys out until their Sr. year. It happened with Troy Mack, Paul Miller, Garrett Stutz, and now it's happening with EO.

This year we need EO. Those who understand the game past the box scores will notice that EO is changing the game the way no Shocker has changed the game for many, many years.

I get really weary of posters who rag on a player or on the team and go on and on and on - perhaps thinking that the more they post their opinion the more factul it becomes. Then they always have the occasional "I hope I'm wrong" post, so that when they are proven to be wrong and several thousand of their posts have been nothing but undeserved negativity, they can claim to have always supported the player or team they've criticized for years.

I've probably supported EO more than he's earned up until this year, but I've always said that his interior D could shut down an opponent's inside game and allow the perimeter players to cheat a bit more knowing they had EO backing them. EO's presence this year allows the perimeter defenders to gamble for steals. Do you think it's a total coincidence that Marshall brought in a perimeter "steal stud" for EO's Sr year? Armstead can gamble for steals.

We're only going to get one year of maybe 20 minute production out of Orukpe, but he's probably among the best defensive game-changers that have ever worn a Shocker uniform. I prefer what I've seen out of Orukpe to what I've seen out of Dieng (Louisviolle's 6'11" African post) so far.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            I second the motion).
                            (to ignore SHOXMVC, that is)

And I've already done it -- Cold has been there for a while, among a select few, so it seems only fair to add his EO nemesis to the Ignore list.

Comment

• I just want consistency with EO and steady improvement. If he improves from the Iowa game, he and we will be in for a very special season. I'm rooting EO on more than anybody. Instead of tipping in that ball on the rim, next time I want him to jam the mothaflocka down. I wanna see that sweet shot in the paint and watch him own it like it's nothing and that he's been doing it all day long. I want him to survive a game without fouling out with good valuable minutes. He did that against Iowa. He brought it on the defensive end. He needs to build on that and keep it going. Just stay solid like that and nobody will ask anything more. He had definitely improved, that it is a given.

I don't expect him to drop 18 on somebody (even though that was predicted, :highly_amused:), but just to be solid and consistent.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                (to ignore SHOXMVC, that is)

And I've already done it -- Cold has been there for a while, among a select few, so it seems only fair to add his EO nemesis to the Ignore list.
                                How do you know Cold has an EO nemesis if you have him on ignore? You will always fail yourself when you do this.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X