No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Will Ehimen break the single season blocks record?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Almost 254,000 views.

Do I hear one million?
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Question: Will Ehimen break the single season blocks record?
        You know, that is a venerable record indeed that has endured for 51 years. Gene Wiley holds that record with his 80 blocks in the 1961-62 season.

We have 31 regular season games on the schedule this year. If EO averages 2.613 blocks per game in the regular season he will be the new Shocker King of Kongs. That sounds doable to me if EO can stay on the floor long enough. Of course, if he is very successful in deflecting shots teams at some point will simply quit challenging him.

That will be something very interesting to follow this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Question: Will Ehimen break the single season blocks record?
          He certainly could. By my calculations, assuming another 33 game season and assuming he blocked shots at the same per minute rate as last year, he would need to average 19.7 minutes per game. Obviously if he increased his blocks per minute (and he did between his sophomore and junior year) he could get there in less minutes per game.

Even if he doesn't, the single season record could be in jeopardy the very next year with Kadeem Coleby who blocked 73 shots last season at ULL (which would have been good for the #2 mark in WSU history and 7 blocks off #1).
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• BTW, it only takes 39 blocks to make it into the Shocker Top 10 for blocks in a season. The last three guys to make it into the Top 10 for blocks in a season all did it wiht 39 blocks.

P.J. Cousinard 2006-07
            Claudius Johsnon 1990-91
            Xavier McDaniel 1983-84

The Top 8 spost are held by 4 players:
            Wiley (#1 - 80)
            Robert Elmore (#2 - 69 and #4 - 56)
            Antoine Carr (#3 - 65, #6 -54, #7 -50 and #8 - 40)
            Terry Benton (#5 - 55)

Certainly EO has a great shot at making this list of some rather well known former Shockers.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 21, 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Piece of cake. Bank on it....unless he gets injured.

Comment

• If he breaks the record for blocks in a season he'll probably break the record for fouls as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  If he breaks the record for blocks in a season he'll probably break the record for fouls as well.
                  So? Maybe we need a little more toughness and intimidation on the court?
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• How could opponents stop challenging him with the type of perimeter defenders we have? That could make for some wild, ill advised shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      Even if he doesn't, the single season record could be in jeopardy the very next year with Kadeem Coleby who blocked 73 shots last season at ULL (which would have been good for the #2 mark in WSU history and 7 blocks off #1).
                      Don't forget Cleanthony Early. He blocked 104 shots as a sophomore and 102 as a freshman for a two year average of 3.6 bpg…and by the way, he scored 1250+ points (22.3 ppg) and grabbed 600+ boards (11.1 rpg)…250+ on offense. Oh yeah, he shot 37% from three as a sophomore…6-8 220 lbs and two-time POY, #2 rated JUCO in the country. Um, can anyone give me a "Go Shockers!?"
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Don't forget Cleanthony Early. He blocked 104 shots as a sophomore and 102 as a freshman for a two year average of 3.6 bpg…and by the way, he scored 1250+ points (22.3 ppg) and grabbed 600+ boards (11.1 rpg)…250+ on offense. Oh yeah, he shot 37% from three as a sophomore…6-8 220 lbs and two-time POY, #2 rated JUCO in the country. Um, can anyone give me a "Go Shockers!?"
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• The shot block record is going down this season....money....bank on it. I think I'll bring a sign to every game to keep track of his blocks...that might be fun.

Comment

• 3 in the top 10?

Comment

• What's the shot block record for the team for one year? If he can't break the individual record, maybe the team record can be broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                What's the shot block record for the team for one year? If he can't break the individual record, maybe the team record can be broken.
                                The record for total blocks was recently set with the 2010-11 team with a mark of 144. Last year's team tied for second in total blocks with 130. Given varying season lengths, blocks per game may be a better measure. On that basis, both 2010-11 and 2011-12 are tied for second along with 1981-82 at 3.9 blocks per game. First place belongs to the 1979-80 squad with 4.5 blocks per game.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X