No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait to see orukpe go off this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      I can't wait to see orukpe go off this Saturday.
      Me too.

Comment

• Jeff Withey had 7pts, 6rbs in 18 min against Emporia state. 9pts, 8rbs in 26 min against Washburn.

EO had 7pts, 5rbs in 23 min against Pitt state.

Just having a little fun

Comment

Jeff Withey had 7pts, 6rbs in 18 min against Emporia state. 9pts, 8rbs in 26 min against Washburn.

EO had 7pts, 5rbs in 23 min against Pitt state.

Just having a little fun
          EO is firmly in the All-America discussion.

Just adding to the fun!
          :-)

Edit: But don't tell moshock I was having fun at EO's expense...he will take me off his Christmas card list.

Comment

• The stat I chose to omit to make EO look better was the 7 blocks Withey had on Washburn. Sorry, no comparison there. Maybe that will be Saturday?

Comment

The stat I chose to omit to make EO look better was the 7 blocks Withey had on Washburn. Sorry, no comparison there. Maybe that will be Saturday?
              We can always hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                EO is firmly in the All-America discussion.

Just adding to the fun!
                :-)

Edit: But don't tell moshock I was having fun at EO's expense...he will take me off his Christmas card list.
                Too Late ;-)

Comment

• EO goes 10, 10 and 4 tonight and Lufile gets decent minutes backing him up. Little hall at 5 unless we need it to win. Everything jives and we come away feeling ready for VCU.

Too optimistic? Yeah but oh well. Don't judge me. Today has been a really good day so far. I'm hoping the good vibes continue

Comment

• Did I mention he is the photo on the ticket for tonight's game? It's a sign, people.

Comment

• I'm really happy with EO's progress.

He hasn't been a fouling machine.

His defensive presence cannot be overstated.

He hasn't been getting stripped of the ball down low.

He knows what to do when he gets the ball within a few feet of the basket (something I've been screaming at our big centers to do since the Paul Miller era).

After the team gels and players learn each others spots and habits, I suspect we won't see too many more "retard passing moments" like we saw last night.

Our coaching staff deserves a lot of credit teaching the big fella the game of basketball.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        He hasn't been getting stripped of the ball down low.
                        I will give him credit for doing a great job of stripping the ball and getting credit for a steal on one NCC possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          His defensive presence cannot be overstated.
                          Be careful with this one. There were three times in the first half alone where EO went after the block...missed and was out of position, where the NCC player got the offensive rebound. I think they scored on two of those possessions. The "altered" shots we like to talk about. Two altered shots went in for NCC in the second half. If you are going to assess his defense, take the whole thing into consideration. Once EO learns he can't go after every shot that looks delicious, he will be that defensive presence you talk about. He is not there yet.

Offensively, he was the EO we have been waiting for on the offensive glass. I think he had 5. That is where he is going to hurt opposing teams.

Comment

Be careful with this one. There were three times in the first half alone where EO went after the block...missed and was out of position, where the NCC player got the offensive rebound. I think they scored on two of those possessions. The "altered" shots we like to talk about. Two altered shots went in for NCC in the second half. If you are going to assess his defense, take the whole thing into consideration. Once EO learns he can't go after every shot that looks delicious, he will be that defensive presence you talk about. He is not there yet.

Offensively, he was the EO we have been waiting for on the offensive glass. I think he had 5. That is where he is going to hurt opposing teams.
                            As I recall, we held NCC to 7-26 FGs and 18 points at the half. EO definitely contributed to that. He also should have had only one foul in the game (two of his blocks were called fouls, but I guess we have to live with that). I am happy with what I saw defensively. Offensively, I think he can give us 7 points a game from FTs, tip-ins, and the occasional hook, which will just be extra.

Comment

When you have the assets EO has, everything within range looks delicious. And considering the fact that he has been relatively "foul-free" as aggressive as he plays shows he has come a looooooooong way. The very fact that EO can go for every shot in the paint and have a great chance of blocking it causes EVERY player to alter their methodologies. Our opponent knows with EO on the court that every contestable shot will be contested.

Will EO miss a block? Yes. But does EO's aggressive style of play cause uncountable -2's for the other team? Yes. There was a player that drove on EO in the second half that was fully contested by EO yet still made the shot. It was a very athletic and crazy move and it beat EO. RDR thought EO still got a hand on it.

EO isn't going to get everything, but I believe that EO needs to keep going after every shot he sees that isn't an auto-foul. He is fast and athletic enough to recover in most situations. Having a psychotic monster-sized shot-blocker on the opposing team gets into everybody's head.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• EO vs UNCC

6 pts + 7 rbs + 2 blocks + 1 steal - 2 turnovers = 14 in 16 minutes. I will take that from EO any day.

Hook shot didn't look good. He pushed it at the basket instead of shooting it, but I think that will come along as the season progresses and hopefully the game slows down a little for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X