No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State seven-footer Ehimen Orukpe made life inside difficult for Iowa, blocking five shots and altering several others. The more athletic Shockers scored 30 points in the paint to the Hawkeyes’ six, and freshman center Adam Woodbury missed all three of his field goal attempts.

“(Orukpe) was blocking shots, tipping balls out, keeping the ball alive, getting rebounds,” White said. “Obviously a big presence down low affects anyone going to the hole, especially going to the hole we knew he was a shot blocker and that’s what he did tonight.”
    I love reading the whining about how Orukpe changes the game; it sounds like WSU is picking on the little kids.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• EO had a very solid game and did so in the confines of the assets he brings to the Dance. Through the years, it is noticable when a big man is swatting shots like swatting flies at a cow-lot, then our foes seem to over-compensate and miss shots they normally make. With Hall and Cle facing some foul issues, EO received 23 minutes of playing time and had the TV Commentators raving about him some. I still like the fact that we added Chadrack to the mix as well. He passes the ball good and will join Hall, Cle, and EO in the "return to sender black and yellow alliance" we have amassed which was reflected in our 8 blocks last night which does not include altered shots. We might have to coin EO as the Captain of our "Alterations by Shockers' Defense."
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Wichita State seven-footer Ehimen Orukpe made life inside difficult for Iowa, blocking five shots and altering several others. The more athletic Shockers scored 30 points in the paint to the Hawkeyes’ six, and freshman center Adam Woodbury missed all three of his field goal attempts.

“(Orukpe) was blocking shots, tipping balls out, keeping the ball alive, getting rebounds,” White said. “Obviously a big presence down low affects anyone going to the hole, especially going to the hole we knew he was a shot blocker and that’s what he did tonight.”
        This is for all of you who should be eating crow today instead of the usual Thanksgiving Day bird......you know who you are....Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
          This is for all of you who should be eating crow today instead of the usual Thanksgiving Day bird......you know who you are....Happy Thanksgiving

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vie...hallenge-final
          Get a grip moshock. EO was excellent on the defensive end. It was by far his best performance as a Shocker. He didn't go after needless shots which would get him out of position. What was really impressive is when he blocked a shot, he did it Like Russell, which means he didn't swat it into the 5th row, but kept it in play for his teammates to retrive. I havn't seen that kind of shot blocking in college in a long time. I give ++++++ props to the young man IN THIS GAME. And how about that nice little jumper from under the free throw line. It looked like he had done it before.

There is no crow to be eaten. It is one game, which can lead into two, three, four, etc... Let's play it out and check in at the end of non-con to see if he is still playing to this kind of production. He wasn't so spectacular in the last couple of games leading into Iowa. We will see soon if a trend can be built, which I hope so...but...the jury is out. He is averaging 2.6 ppg/4.3 rpg/43% FG/50% FT/2 bpg/15 mpg. Step away from the edge and keep it in perspective. He's not setting the world on fire...yet. Stay tuned...I will be rooting for him like everyone else except I will be drinking an adult beverage.

GO SHOX & GO EO!!!

Comment

• He did set the world on fire last night. He played an absolutely great game.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              Get a grip moshock. EO was excellent on the defensive end. It was by far his best performance as a Shocker. He didn't go after needless shots which would get him out of position. What was really impressive is when he blocked a shot, he did it Like Russell, which means he didn't swat it into the 5th row, but kept it in play for his teammates to retrive. I havn't seen that kind of shot blocking in college in a long time. I give ++++++ props to the young man IN THIS GAME. And how about that nice little jumper from under the free throw line. It looked like he had done it before.

There is no crow to be eaten. It is one game, which can lead into two, three, four, etc... Let's play it out and check in at the end of non-con to see if he is still playing to this kind of production. He wasn't so spectacular in the last couple of games leading into Iowa. We will see soon if a trend can be built, which I hope so...but...the jury is out. He is averaging 2.6 ppg/4.3 rpg/43% FG/50% FT/2 bpg/15 mpg. Step away from the edge and keep it in perspective. He's not setting the world on fire...yet. Stay tuned...I will be rooting for him like everyone else except I will be drinking an adult beverage.

GO SHOX & GO EO!!!
              He may have been THE difference in a game that puts us in the NCAA at large discussion.....but you are right - that doesn't mean anything

Comment

• You missed a good post about EO's mental game. First it was algebra quizzes, followed by some calculus and then 3-D trajectories computed by solving systems of ordinary differential equations. That simmered in the Iowans minds during half-time and EO's "quiz time" led to the hawks "Blue Screen of (mental) Death" at the end.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• EO was an absolute beast last night. It was great to see him being so active and effective. And the 15 foot jumper he hit looked good. I don't expect to see that every game, but it was nice to see.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He is very agile. I wonder how many 7 footers are put on the front end of a full-court press and still get back to play post defense?

Comment

• Just one.

Comment

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/vie...hallenge-final
                        Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        He did set the world on fire last night. He played an absolutely great game.
                        Originally posted by moshock View Post
                        He may have been THE difference in a game that puts us in the NCAA at large discussion.....but you are right - that doesn't mean anything
                        Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        EO was an absolute beast last night. It was great to see him being so active and effective. And the 15 foot jumper he hit looked good. I don't expect to see that every game, but it was nice to see.
                        Don't expect Dick Diggler to stop digging. That would take a touch of character. As EO continues to improve throughout the season you will see DD start to evolve from the detractor to the "supporter". He will start to say things like, "I have always wanted the best for EO and am proud to see what he has become." He will think that we forgot about the trash he spewed at the beginning of the season, but dinner will still be served. and it won't be late.

It sucks to be in a position where you watch a Shocker game and hope that a player does poorly so you can talk more trash, but that is where DD finds himself. To not be able to admit what EO did against a Big 10 team reveals how committed he is to digging all the way to China. If EO can play a game like he did against a Big 10 team, imagine what he is going to do against a few of our smaller Valley teams? He's going to put an awful hurt against an E-Ville or an Indy St. type this year.

It's a great day to be on the right team.

It's a great day to be an EO fan!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Don't expect Dick Diggler to stop digging. That would take a touch of character. As EO continues to improve throughout the season you will see DD start to evolve from the detractor to the "supporter". He will start to say things like, "I have always wanted the best for EO and am proud to see what he has become." He will think that we forgot about the trash he spewed at the beginning of the season, but dinner will still be served. and it won't be late.

It sucks to be in a position where you watch a Shocker game and hope that a player does poorly so you can talk more trash, but that is where DD finds himself. To not be able to admit what EO did against a Big 10 team reveals how committed he is to digging all the way to China. If EO can play a game like he did against a Big 10 team, imagine what he is going to do against a few of our smaller Valley teams? He's going to put an awful hurt against an E-Ville or an Indy St. type this year.

It's a great day to be on the right team.

It's a great day to be an EO fan!

T

...:cool:
                          Try reading my posts...unless your absent stooper prohibits such ability. You and mo are two of a kind and struggle with comprehension.

Comment

Try reading my posts...unless your absent stooper prohibits such ability. You and mo are two of a kind and struggle with comprehension.
                            Whoa Dude !!!! I didn't call you out. You responded to my post and called yourself out. I'm sure you may be the MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD but your are slowly being proved wrong about EO being a bust.....which is what you have been saying for the last year.............over and over and over and over etc etc etc

No lack of comprehension here. I can see that you are THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD !!! I've even seen you on television commercials. How DO you get all of those hot chicks anyway ???

Chill dude....

Comment

Whoa Dude !!!! I didn't call you out. You responded to my post and called yourself out. I'm sure you may be the MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD but your are slowly being proved wrong about EO being a bust.....which is what you have been saying for the last year.............over and over and over and over etc etc etc

No lack of comprehension here. I can see that you are THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD !!! I've even seen you on television commercials. How DO you get all of those hot chicks anyway ???

Chill dude....
                              Cause hot chicks don't like over-reactors like you Jr.

Comment

Cause hot chicks don't like over-reactors like you Jr.
                                I didn't react until your 2,665th post calling EO a bust. LOL

BTW - Don't flatter yourself - its the $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X