Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Mathmatically speaking, EO will have opportunities to pad his bank account, post WSU, in basketball (somewhere other than the NBA). If we are still posting about him after he leaves it means WSU basketball has hit Salukie-ville status.
    "Salukie-ville" as in their long, successful run or "Salukie-ville" as in their recent past?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      When it comes down to X's and O's, Orukpe might be well-advised to avoid tic-tac-toe. X's and O's doesn't appear to be one of his strengths.
      I disagree. I think EO is a very analytical, deliberative thinker. Perfect for mathematics/engineering. I bet he has every play HCGM ever uttered memorized. I think his problem is thinking on his feet. Since he wasn't able to develop the instinct that comes with playing basketball at a young age, he is had to study the sport like an analyst would. He has the theory down, it's the practical application at the speed of D1 basketball that has been a challenge for him.. and is a challenge for most African basketball players. I think this year it all comes together for him. I also think his ceiling is unlimited.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
        So you're saying that he has his "Xs & Os" down perfectly? :rapture:
        I was referencing something I thought I had read or heard... That his favorite subject and major are mathematics.

Comment

• I was told that Danny Ainge was at the SDS practice.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Couldn't resist, could you, Ricky?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              I was referencing something I thought I had read or heard... That his favorite subject and major are mathematics.
              I understood what you meant. I just saw your comment as an opportunity to make a joke. (No harm intended.)
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                But in mathematics, "Xs" are the unknowns, so maybe it does translate well to basketball. Unknowns and zeroes.

Just kidding, I love EO.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  "Xs" are the unknowns, so maybe it does translate well to basketball.
                  Or the spot on the map where the treasure lies buried.

Comment

• How about this... Does he start against Pitt state? What games can we expect him to start and/or do the most damage?

Keep the thread alive :)

Comment

• He gets the start Monday along with Hall, Early, Cotton and Armstead. EO plays around 15-18 minutes.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        He gets the start Monday along with Hall, Early, Cotton and Armstead. EO plays around 15-18 minutes.
                        In terms of defense, FSF like this 5. I like it alot!!!!!!! We have options galore.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          He gets the start Monday along with Hall, Early, Cotton and Armstead. EO plays around 15-18 minutes.
                          I like it. I think he is gonna start a lot early on and I think reasonably higher minutes will be pretty common early on. I would almost like for coach to just blitz the in game experience problem by playing him a ton in the most winnable games. The idea of EO, hall and cle out there is just too juicy. If it can't work, then fine but please, oh please bring it and punch us all in the mouth EO.

Comment

• It's likely the seniors start, except maybe DW with his injury rehab.

Comment

• Orukpe signed a deal with Steven Spielberg to do a movie about his coming to America to learn how to play basketball. The working title is "The Never-Ending Story".
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Who would play the role of EO?

Comment

Working...
                                X