No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite a few get degrees where they have to intern...education majors need to student teach to graduate, the fifth year enables them to do so. This just can't be finished around many sports these days, especially basketball.

Comment

• WSU fans get to greet Orukpe

:poster_eo:

Comment

• It's ALIVE!!! ....I'm referring to this thread. However, after attending last night...EO is certainly a monster!

Comment

• It's about time we got to see him as a member of Shocker Nation!!!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Did you guys watch how impressive he was in warm ups though. Effortless explosion at the rim. I really hope he learns to use that body and works on his hands.

Comment

• I think this year is going to be an education for Orukpe. He will learn more in a half season here than he learned in the previous 2 years. Having Stutz here to work with him will be a great benefit also. I am curious as to whether Orukpe will get some minutes at Maui, particularly as a defensive presence in the lane.

I am anxious to see the effect that Coach Dollar has on the players also. It was first reported that besides working with guards, he also worked with the big men. I am hoping he can be instrumental in helping Orukpe improve his game.

Comment

• I expect to see Ehimen get some minutes from the beginning and increasing as he improves. He may never play 15 minutes this year but he will see the court and contribute to defense I'm sure.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I expect to see Ehimen get some minutes from the beginning and increasing as he improves. He may never play 15 minutes this year but he will see the court and contribute to defense I'm sure.
                  I'll disagree with you on never playing 15 min,this kid is not some big stiff,his lights are on bright.The pass he made was pure instinct game speed.He has talent and a great understanding of the game.Not every 7 footer can make that play I don't care how long he's been playing.Time is on his side and he is picking up the game very fast.

Comment

• The interior pass and the drop step move were both beyond my expectations, but I don't expect him to be Dwight Howard... yet.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• He needs to work on his hands in a bad way. He needs to carry a basket ball wherever he goes, have someone throw a football to him, anything to make his hands softer. After watching him I can sy his biggest problem is his hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                        Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I expect to see Ehimen get some minutes from the beginning and increasing as he improves. He may never play 15 minutes this year but he will see the court and contribute to defense I'm sure.
                        I'll disagree with you on never playing 15 min,this kid is not some big stiff,his lights are on bright.The pass he made was pure instinct game speed.He has talent and a great understanding of the game.Not every 7 footer can make that play I don't care how long he's been playing.Time is on his side and he is picking up the game very fast.
                        I get that. Garrett is going to play a ton though too so Ehimen isn't going to get a ton right off the bat. If he picks things up well enough I'd love to see him get more. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about him.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Marshall did put Stutz and Orukpe on the same team for 5 minutes of the scrimmage. I doubt he did that just to entertain the crowd.

I didn't notice who was playing against them, but it had to be some combination of Durley, Blair, and Ellis. Stutz had to be guarding one of those guys at the 4 and I didn't notice any problems with his D.

Don't eliminate the possibility of seeing both 7' guys on the court at the same time this year. I'd expect it against some of the cupcakes rather than in Maui, but I bet we see it this year and I bet Marshall's thinking about it for next year.

That combo next year would be the definition and poster child for "matchup problem" in league play.

Someone needs to photoshop the old bookends picture of Carr and Levingston leaning against each other and stick Stutz and Orukpe between them.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                            Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Easy there, big fellow. (From the Lone Ranger to Silver.)
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                              Did you guys watch how impressive he was in warm ups though. Effortless explosion at the rim. I really hope he learns to use that body and works on his hands.
                              I did. His athletic talent was far beyond my expectations. His ability to play at game speed exceeded my expectations as well. I liked the way he bodied up Stutz on offense and asked for the ball with a well balanced wide base.

I'll agree with others on this board in that his hands are his weakness. He also has the tendancy to only move his body from the waste up when he is playing on ball defense. He is going to get reaching and blocking fouls called ALOT if he doesn't do a better job moving his feet on D.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Just some 1st year inefficiencies that can certainly be fixed with time, experience & coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X