No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellis will contribute more this year than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse
      Ellis will contribute more this year than ever.
      If this is true we will be blowing people out on a regular basis.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        Originally posted by Ashockalypse
        Or a massive failure to meet expectations by several other players.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Originally posted by Ashockalypse
          Or a massive failure to meet expectations by several other players.
          Maybe we should redshirt him? :D

Comment

• As far as redshirting, it cannot be done, because that was already done at Three Rivers. That is why he has three years of eligibility at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Txlen
              As far as redshirting, it cannot be done, because that was already done at Three Rivers. That is why he has three years of eligibility at WSU.
              I think we're talking about Ellis.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• I think he was refering to AE redshirting....but I could be mistaken.

AE could have used a redshirt......GS too but we have hashed and rehashed that particular subject ad nauseum.

Comment

• That's what you get from reading too many posts throughout the day. Besides, I thought we were talking about EO on this voluminous thread. Boy, I need an Excel spreadsheet keep up with everything. This is getting too much for the worn-out gray matter.

Comment

• Question for those who have connections with the coaching staff.

Has any consideration been given to try and bring in any other Nigerian or West African players? Or, has the experience with EO been so demanding of everyone that they do not want to repeat the experience?

Comment

• For those that are confused, I was referencing to the facetious argument that has been discussed before that Ellis should be redshirted this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Txlen
                        Question for those who have connections with the coaching staff.

Has any consideration been given to try and bring in any other Nigerian or West African players? Or, has the experience with EO been so demanding of everyone that they do not want to repeat the experience?
                        They're pretty tired Txlen. That being said, these guys leave no recruiting stone unturned. I feel confident that if the upside was there, they have learned enough during this experience to have a better handle on what is and what is not going to happen.

I do not believe they would ever take another "flyer".

Not that I have any coaching connections by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                          For those that are confused, I was referencing to the facetious argument that has been discussed before that Ellis should be redshirted this year.
                          It is a definite possibility that Ellis Redshirts this year. He still has two years worth of credits to earn to graduate so no matter what he will be in school. I'm sure the decision will ultimatly be his, but it would be smart for him to RS.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                            Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                            For those that are confused, I was referencing to the facetious argument that has been discussed before that Ellis should be redshirted this year.
                            It is a definite possibility that Ellis Redshirts this year. He still has two years worth of credits to earn to graduate so no matter what he will be in school. I'm sure the decision will ultimatly be his, but it would be smart for him to RS.
                            yea, from what I know he might ask for an RS for academic reasons.
                            At the same time though, all summer I've heard 3 names over and over.

Joe Ragland being the best thing since...ever.
                            DK finishing everything and growing in confidence.
                            AE taking over games at times. qucik first step, dunking all over the place.

DK and AE seem to be the most improved from my various conversations with 3 or 4 players.
                            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                              Originally posted by shocker22
                              Originally posted by ShoxFan963
                              yea, from what I know he might ask for an RS for academic reasons.
                              At the same time though, all summer I've heard 3 names over and over.

Joe Ragland being the best thing since...ever.
                              DK finishing everything and growing in confidence.
                              AE taking over games at times. qucik first step, dunking all over the place.

DK and AE seem to be the most improved from my various conversations with 3 or 4 players.
                              I realize this isn't AE's thread, but with the two items mentioned above, JT, Garrett, and Gabe ahead of him (and the two primary ones, by position, will be gone after this year), it does make for an interesting scenario.

However, I'm sure HCGM will be the one to endorse or nix the idea come November.

Comment

• That AE is dunking says a lot. He has never been one to dunk unless no one was within six feet. If his aggressiveness has caught up with his athleticism and abilities, we may finally see him fulfill his potential. But with the logjam at his position, a RS might make a lot of sense and allow him to fill a void we are facing at PF next season.

Unless a juco PF or advanced HS PF is signed, our available post players will consist of two centers and a RS soph that may not see much action this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X