Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    If Garrett plays the minutes of a starter next year, I'd be shocked if he didn't average double figures in scoring.

I also think Ehimen will be fine next year and show us a little something on the court.
    I can't see it. I think his, Stutz', three year averages to date were 4 pts (frosh), 7 pts (soph), and 6/7 pts (junior). I don't believe he will get starter minutes (say, 28 min per game).. but even then I'm not sure he could average double figure points.

I hope (and that's all we've got.. a hope and a prayer) Orupke can show us something next year, because this year we saw nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
      Originally posted by SubGod22
      If Garrett plays the minutes of a starter next year, I'd be shocked if he didn't average double figures in scoring.

I also think Ehimen will be fine next year and show us a little something on the court.
      I can't see it. I think his, Stutz', three year averages to date were 4 pts (frosh), 7 pts (soph), and 6/7 pts (junior). I don't believe he will get starter minutes (say, 28 min per game).. but even then I'm not sure he could average double figure points.

I hope (and that's all we've got.. a hope and a prayer) Orupke can show us something next year, because this year we saw nothing.
      Garrett scores more points per minute played than JT does. JT scores 17.8 points per 40 minutes played. Garrett scores 18.9 per 40 minutes played.

If he scored at his current pace and played the 28 minutes per game you suggested he would score 13.3 points per game (he would also average 6.7 rebounds per game).

EDIT: I accidentally typed 18.0 instead of 18.9 for Garrett's scoring per 40 minutes and have corrected it.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        Garrett scores more points per minute played than JT does. JT scores 17.8 points per 40 minutes played. Garrett scores 18.0 per 40 minutes played.

If he scored at his current pace and played the 28 minutes per game you suggested he would score 13.3 points per game (he would also average 6.7 rebounds per game).
        Was going to say something very similar, this is dead on.

GS won't have a problem averaging a double/double.

Whether he can defend the screen at the top of the key for 30 minutes will be the issue.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• I can see Garrett as a low double-figure scorer. Not sure I see him averaging double figures in rebounding. I think he can average maybe around 7 rebounds a game if he gets 28 mpg. I would expect him to occassionally get the right matchups and have big scoring and rebounding nights, but expecting him to average a double-double seems a bit much. However, I have no problem if I'm served a plate of cold crow at the end of next season on this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            I can see Garrett as a low double-figure scorer. Not sure I see him averaging double figures in rebounding. I think he can average maybe around 7 rebounds a game if he gets 28 mpg. I would expect him to occassionally get the right matchups and have big scoring and rebounding nights, but expecting him to average a double-double seems a bit much. However, I have no problem if I'm served a plate of cold crow at the end of next season on this point.
            You make a great point. Originally I was thinking without the competition of our other bigs for boards Garrett's rebounding numbers would rise. But when I think about Carl Hall and others who demand rebounds, I'm seeing it your way.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Garrett simply needs the minutes for his stat line to look like that of a dominant 7-footer. 25 minutes per game gets him in the top 10 in scoring and rebounding next year. He may not be able to do it if he is continually in foul trouble, but I see us with a short bench in the paint next year.

HCGM will ride Carl Hall for as many minutes as he can play each game. He will be somewhere between Wlaker of InSt (get juco big man) and Dougie McD in his production.

EO will also get as many minutes as he can handle (from a liability standpoint). If he can keep the fouls and turn overs to a minimum he will be on the court alot. He changes things defensively and he does DEMAND the ball from about 5 foot and in. It will be frustrating watching him go 3 for 8 from the FT line every game, but what the hell.

Jake White gets whatever is left over. I think of him as Jake Koch as a freshman. Good contributor, but probably won't play a ton or fill up a stat sheet.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Thoughts on next season?
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Something like Stutz junior minutes would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1
                    Thoughts on next season?
                    at least 20-30 more pages.

Comment

• However long it takes him to get two fouls in the first half and three in the second. I'm guessing roughly five minutes a half. Now can Stutz avoid five for those other thirty minutes? We shall see.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Personally, I look forward to the emotional roller-coaster that is sure to be EO next year! Blocked shot, rebound, turn-over, foul, rebound, bricked free throws, rebound, dunk! I expect to see that type of stat line about every 5 change of possesions that EO is in next year! The great thing about next year is that we return two seasoned 7-footers and bring in two more 6-7+ big men. Even though we don't know what we'll get out of these four on the floor, you couldn't give me a better group to start with! Hall and White have both been exceptionally successful at the level they have played! A top 5 juco prospect and a Parade AA is just what the doctor ordered to replace our 3 beloved seniors!!!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                          However long it takes him to get two fouls in the first half and three in the second. I'm guessing roughly five minutes a half. Now can Stutz avoid five for those other thirty minutes? We shall see.
                          This is why I think we'll see Hall and White in together at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                            However long it takes him to get two fouls in the first half and three in the second. I'm guessing roughly five minutes a half. Now can Stutz avoid five for those other thirty minutes? We shall see.
                            This is why I think we'll see Hall and White in together at times.
                            Still not a bad combo! Hall is more than capable of playing the center position as he has shown at juco.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Who coaches the big men this year?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Coach Gross, same as every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X