No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyola deciding to play defense. Drake can't even get a shot off.

Comment

• Was that the Loyola team some said had such a good non-conf that they were in the conversation to finish 2nd or even challenge WSU for the top spot in the Valley? I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        A 30s RPI gets you in the conversation.. Quality wins or not
        Not in the Valley it doesn't. And certainly if your name isn't Wichita State.

Last year, WSU had an RPI in the 30's. They went 16-2. They had a win over a Top 10 RPI team in Utah. They had cache with Baker and VanVleet.

That barely got them into the play-in round.

You're smoking something if you think Illinois State gets a bid with ZERO wins worth a damn, 16-2 or not.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Was that the Loyola team some said had such a good non-conf that they were in the conversation to finish 2nd or even challenge WSU for the top spot in the Valley? I'm confused.
          They're the same one that was even receiving Top 25 votes in the AP. LOLoyola.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Not in the Valley it doesn't. And certainly if your name isn't Wichita State.

Last year, WSU had an RPI in the 30's. They went 16-2. They had a win over a Top 10 RPI team in Utah. They had cache with Baker and VanVleet.

That barely got them into the play-in round.

You're smoking something if you think Illinois State gets a bid with ZERO wins worth a damn, 16-2 or not.
            WSUs RPI was like 45 going into selection Sunday

Comment

Really? I don't recall that.

Regardless, they aren't getting an at-large when their best OOC win is over St. Joe's and they have a loss to 290 RPI Murray State. Sorry.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• LSU acting very disinterested and losing to Vanderbilt in Baton Rouge. Down 56-69 at the under 12 TO.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Drake might be better with their new leadership.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Congrats to Drake on their first win of the season over a D1 program with any wins. Please AAC. Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Swellafelon is a hypocritical slime ball. Love it!
                      I'm just impressed that a program the level of LUC somehow has a fan with that level of passion. Who could have guessed?

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        LSU acting very disinterested and losing to Vanderbilt in Baton Rouge. Down 56-69 at the under 12 TO.
                        One of LSU's best players, Victor, was dismissed from their team today.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Thought you'd like this Fev.

Swellafelon on the Ramblers game thread (pre-game start of course): "Adding to Drake's recent travails is that their top recruit, point guard Teyvion Kirk from Joliet, was just granted his release and has reopened his recruitment.

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com ... nds-notes/

I think Porter should take a close look."

I wonder how those chances look right now down 79-66 to Drake under 7 left in the game.
                          Hopefully after Porter Moser takes a closer look, WSU can poach him from Loyola like we have done many other times.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Really? I don't recall that.
                            WSU's RPI was 48 on selection sunday last year.

Yes, an RPI in the 30s gets you serious consideration. Heck, a Sun Belt team with just 1 top 100 win received an at-large bid just a few years ago partially due to an RPI of 28.

No, ISUr will not finish with an RPI in the 30s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              Loyola looks very similar to their 2015 team which went 10-2 in non-con, then 8-10 in MVC play.

At least they aren't Drake.
                              2 weeks later... this is funny

Comment

• Each (recent) year the Committee seems to emphasize different factors to differentiate the bottom of the at-large heap, and I will be scared shitless if we lose more than 1 game in league play and then drop a game at Arch Madness. We tried to build a good OOC schedule but the final product will be very underwhelming, and we were a little unlucky in that our 10-3 OOC record included no good wins coupled with no bad losses rather than a mixed bag of a really good win or two with a so-so but not terrible loss mixed in (i.e., beating Louisville but losing at Colorado State or Oklahoma).

OTOH, I believe we will either run the table in MVC play or finish 17-1. I also think we are the most likely to win in STL. So, not fretting at this point, at all, but am fully aware that our margin for error is razor, razor thin over the next couple months.

Comment

Working...
                                X