16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    So, just how long do you think Coach K will suspend The Brat. The 3 games just before @ ranked FSU, 4 games just before @ ranked Louisville, less or more.

Coach K has to take some ownership of this situation. Will he make the suspension short because he, the coach, didn't do enough before or shorter because he thought their little chats took care of it. K should have suspended him last year. The fact K put Allen back in the game indicates he just doesn't get it. I think this indefinite suspension came due to all the press outrage.
    I would think sitting out today's practice ought to be punishment enough.

Comment

• I like that nickname, "The Brat." It suits him well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
        Seventh stole the ball and dunked it with 0.1 seconds left in the game.
        They did it not once, but twice at the end. The first one was bad form, the 2nd inexcusable. The swinging chinning of himself was beyond classless.

Imagine playing with your grandson, and when his mom rings the dinner bell you take his toy and go into a Billy White Shoes Johnson end zone dance celebrating your thefting prowess.

Yes is was that bad.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; December 22, 2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Wanna beer?
          - It's 7 in the morning.
          Scotch?
          And I hear champagne chilling in the background.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            They did it not once, but twice at the end. The first one was bad form, the 2nd inexcusable. The swinging chinning of himself was beyond classless.

Imagine playing with your grandson, and when his mom rings the dinner bell you take his toy and go into a Billy White Shoes Johnson end zone dance celebrating your thefting prowess.

Yes is was that bad.
            Meh, after the outpouring of complaints from UNI fans that we didn't take multiple shot clock penalties instead of shooting long contested 3s last year, doesn't bother me. Game ends when the buzzer goes off, learn to compete the whole time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Probably have to skip the shoot around the afternoon of the first ACC game.
              Well. Coach K said last night that he'd had a talk with him. So, what more could anyone want, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Well. Coach K said last night that he'd had a talk with him. So, what more could anyone want, right?
                If Coach K lets him play again and he trips another player not only will Allen be done at Duke, he will have a serious personality blemish going into the NBA. It's a tough situation to be in. My guess is he's back after 4-5 game penalty. Coach K will be rolling the dice big time if he brings this poor sport back though.

Comment

• We must have blood!!! I love it how sports has become a central place we can work out our collective desires for retribution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker View Post
                    We must have blood!!! I love it how sports has become a central place we can work out our collective desires for retribution.
                    “You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      So, just how long do you think Coach K will suspend The Brat. The 3 games just before @ ranked FSU, 4 games just before @ ranked Louisville, less or more.

Coach K has to take some ownership of this situation. Will he make the suspension short because he, the coach, didn't do enough before or shorter because he thought their little chats took care of it. K should have suspended him last year. The fact K put Allen back in the game indicates he just doesn't get it. I think this indefinite suspension came due to all the press outrage.
                      No way his first game back is at FSU, that was Trip #2 victim. Ridiculous we're even discussing when he comes back after the third time followed by a temper tantrum

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        If Coach K lets him play again and he trips another player not only will Allen be done at Duke, he will have a serious personality blemish going into the NBA. It's a tough situation to be in. My guess is he's back after 4-5 game penalty. Coach K will be rolling the dice big time if he brings this poor sport back though.
                        Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal? He hasn't even been ejected from a game for any of these incidents. I think a 4-5 game penalty is pretty harsh. I'm not a big Dook fan or anything but it is sort of funny to me that there is this huge outcry about Grayson Allen tripping people and Joe Mixon can break a girls face in like 4 places and it gets a fraction of the attention and scrutiny.

It almost seems to me like college basketball is struggling a bit in terms of popularity and those in the CBB media sphere are hyping this to get people excited about the sport in December (when most are watching CFB bowl games). I think the tripping is pretty bush league and kid flipped out on the bench like some kind of weirdo but this is being blown way out of proportion.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                          Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal? He hasn't even been ejected from a game for any of these incidents. I think a 4-5 game penalty is pretty harsh. I'm not a big Dook fan or anything but it is sort of funny to me that there is this huge outcry about Grayson Allen tripping people and Joe Mixon can break a girls face in like 4 places and it gets a fraction of the attention and scrutiny.

It almost seems to me like college basketball is struggling a bit in terms of popularity and those in the CBB media sphere are hyping this to get people excited about the sport in December (when most are watching CFB bowl games). I think the tripping is pretty bush league and kid flipped out on the bench like some kind of weirdo but this is being blown way out of proportion.
                          So much wrong here I don't know where to begin.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

Just let him play until he punches someone unconscious... the kid needs help. There should be serious consequences for his actions. Fool me once, fool me twice...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I may be out on an island here, but I am a little more bothered by whatever the heck that embarassing freak out was than I am by the tripping itself. I know you are supposed to be mad about the tripping, and I agree that it is a problem in an of itself. I definitely don't like having a person on the floor who does that sort of thing because it's extremely lame and people can get hurt. But to me, seeing anyone lose it like that is so embarassing and way more telling about what their character probably is than the tripping. Tripping is basically cheating and has to stop, but the other thing tells me that Grayson Allen is a mega-douche in many more ways than just basketball antics. Good grief. Seeing a person lose it like that just makes me wince. Whoever spoiled him that bad should go to jail because that is a criminal amount of spoilage :)

Comment

• If you think Grayson Allen plays dirty, you don't even want to play slow pitch softball against me. I've been ejected for taking out a shortstop when there was no double play, I've broken a catcher's nose refusing to slide, I've made the "errant" throw right in the center of the back of a baserunner several times. My favorite thing to do was to always step on the first basemen's foot running through the bag. Did that all the time! Long before safety bags. I'd honestly estimate that I've been ejected close to 15 times. I never got suspended, much less indefinitely suspended.

You always have to be looking for a competitive edge.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X