16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Exhibit A, B, C...how ever many exhibits you want...as to why Division I membership needs reduced.
    If it was reduced to 251, removing 100 teams, that would be Exhibits A, B ... DT, DU.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I can't get over how bad the MEAC is......and we should NEVER EVER play 2 non-con games against anyone from that conference.

Maryland ES @ UTEP 71-66
      Norfolk State vs Eastern Kentucky 87-80 OT
      Delaware State @ St Johns 79-72
      Howard vs American 71-54
      South Carolina State @ Furman 69-67
      Savannah State @ Oregon State 93-90 OT
      Bethune-Cookman vs Kennesaw State 75-72
      Hampton vs William & Mary 79-69
      Absolutely with you on playing two MEAC teams, Doc -- there has to be someone else to buy. Has to be.

Thre other thought that comes to mind, though, is this: how did UTEP, St Johns, and Oregon State lose home games to MEAC buy teams? Talk about bad investments...

Comment

• Today's lone GOI:

Oklahoma @ TCU, 8 PM CST on ESPNU

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Well the game @MSU will likely be more interesting this year than it has been typically in the past few seasons; however, a quick look at kenpom shows the two teams immediate before and after MSU to be #104 Penn State and #106 Yale. So I guess I'd have to say the Bares are still a ways away from being scary just yet.

Can we describe a MBB team as being about as imposing as say room temperature milk, because I feel like that's sorta close.
          Just double checked, and there are plenty of lower level seats available for the game @MSU. First time in 3 years it is a Saturday game. I think its a great trip to offset St. Louis the following weekend. IE- wife to St. Louis, guys trip to Springpatch or vice versa.
          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
            Just double checked, and there are plenty of lower level seats available for the game @MSU. First time in 3 years it is a Saturday game. I think its a great trip to offset St. Louis the following weekend. IE- wife to St. Louis, guys trip to Springpatch or vice versa.
            If we have to win the MVC Tournament or even get to the semi's, we shoot ourselves in the foot if we put our eggs in the Springfield game, that is if our goal is to get into the NCAA Tourn.

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
              I just got my tickets this past week. Going to be my first WSU/MSU men's game since Cuonzo was the coach. JQH gonna be lit as the kids say. Should be a tremendous atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                JQH gonna be lit as the kids say. Should be a tremendous atmosphere.
                Is that what the kids say? Do they? Really?

Also, before they sell that many tickets, have there been any engineering studies on JQH's ability to withstand a crowd? I mean it just never happens, those beams they purchased on the cheap in the aftermarket just might not hold.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Is that what the kids say? Do they? Really?

Also, before they sell that many tickets, have there been any engineering studies on JQH's ability to withstand a crowd? I mean it just never happens, those beams they purchased on the cheap in the aftermarket just might not hold.
                  Wrong again, John. Next weekend the Tournament of Champions will be at JQH. Regularly the best attended HS basketball tournament in the country. And MSU men's crowds will continue to grow if they keep winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                    Wrong again, John. Next weekend the Tournament of Champions will be at JQH. Regularly the best attended HS basketball tournament in the country. And MSU men's crowds will continue to grow if they keep winning.
                    It's always a good sign when a high school basketball game outdraws the college team.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I bet they sold a few more cows to reinforce JQH for the tens of additional fans they expect from all this winning.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I see this years first installment of the second place game for the state of Kansas is on tonight. As always by default Wichita State is the State Champion by virtue of both teams being afraid to play us.

Comment

• Anyone know why Clemson's coach was so pissed? Aside from his team porking a golden opportunity to win in regulation?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            Anyone know why Clemson's coach was so pissed? Aside from his team porking a golden opportunity to win in regulation?
                            Maybe the uncontested breakaway dunk with 6 seconds left and UNC up 4 - when Clemson was no longer challenging? Just like the one Seventh Woods did a couple games back.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Anyone know why Clemson's coach was so pissed? Aside from his team porking a golden opportunity to win in regulation?
                              Probably the break away lay-up with less than 10 seconds left in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                I see this years first installment of the second place game for the state of Kansas is on tonight. As always by default Wichita State is the State Champion by virtue of both teams being afraid to play us.
                                Watching KU play against K-State; hard to believe they are ranked so highly.

Comment

Working...
                                X