• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      nm
      nm
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Shhh don't tell the UNI fans that. They are already on the "refs cost us the game" wagon.
        They are so delirious - first they find positives in a 43 point defeat, then now after getting punked by MSU most of the game, they still feel okay because they always lose the opener. Umm maybe UNI just isn't good!?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          UNI's season hangs in the balance over the next 3 games. At Evansville, at Loyola, WSU at home.

They could be 7-7, 3-1 in conference and in great shape. They could also easily be 4-10 and 0-4 and dead in the water.
          Even if they are dead in the water after an 0-4 start, they're well-coached enough that they'll rally in February to muck it up for possible at-large contenders...namely, us.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Paul Lusk gets his contract extension.
            Ha. You wish.

He's gonna have to do a heckuva lot more than that. But he has a pretty good young team. We'll be a tough out for anyone in the conference this year. I haven't paid much attention to men's Valley basketball since 2011 or so and after the Vegas tournament and last night I think I am back. Between that game and the Oregon/UCLA game, it got me excited to watch the men's game again. I'd do just about anything to have Bill Walton call a Bears game. He couldn't call Lusk an "intergalactic treasure" or the Valley "The Conference of Champions" but I bet he would say other awesome stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Even if they are dead in the water after an 0-4 start, they're well-coached enough that they'll rally in February to muck it up for possible at-large contenders...namely, us.
              That's the MVC way! Lets try our hardest to become bad losses, then spend the rest of the year game planning for the remaining 1 team on our schedule with a chance at the post season. Screw preparing for the rest of the games

Comment

That's the MVC way! Lets try our hardest to become bad losses, then spend the rest of the year game planning for the remaining 1 team on our schedule with a chance at the post season. Screw preparing for the rest of the games
                A bit hyperbolic or harsh, depending on your POV, but your point is well merited. Their OOC schedules stink and it seems like coaches and Athletic Directors are more concerned with keeping their jobs than on improving their programs. Amirite?

Comment

• LBSU @ Eastern Michigan, 1 PM CST on ESPN3
                  SIU @ Bradley, 7 PM CST on ESPN3
                  Evansville @ ISUr, 7 PM CST on ESPN3
                  Loyola @ Drake, 7 PM CST on ESPN3
                  Vanderbilt @ LSU, 8 PM CST on ESPNU

Comment

Lulz. That is ridiculous. Sure you are the biggest game on the schedule for most schools in the Valley. That doesn't mean that they don't play hard in the other 16 conference games. Or gameplan.

What do you want, everybody to roll over for you? I thought you wanted to be the big dog? Maybe when you move to the AAC, they will enact some sort of measure that teams with a 150+ RPI are required to lose to the teams with realistic at large possibilities. That seems pretty un-American to me though. Glad that in the Valley, you have to earn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                      Lulz. That is ridiculous. Sure you are the biggest game on the schedule for most schools in the Valley. That doesn't mean that they don't play hard in the other 16 conference games. Or gameplan.

What do you want, everybody to roll over for you? I thought you wanted to be the big dog? Maybe when you move to the AAC, they will enact some sort of measure that teams with a 150+ RPI are required to lose to the teams with realistic at large possibilities. That seems pretty un-American to me though. Glad that in the Valley, you have to earn it.
                      No, we want teams to stop stinking the place up in the non-con.

Comment

Most Valley teams? Correction: All Valley teams.

Truth hurts. As a perennial fan of mediocrity, your stance isn't surprising.

Nice to see you posting again, bandie.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Most?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            A bit hyperbolic or harsh, depending on your POV, but your point is well merited. Their OOC schedules stink and it seems like coaches and Athletic Directors are more concerned with keeping their jobs than on improving their programs. Amirite?
                            To be fair, UNI has a great SOS, so I give Jacobsen credit for being aggressive. Unfortunately, barring running the table for the next two month, his at-large chances are pretty well smashed.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              Most?
                              I think that means Missouri State (Mo St) where he's from.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                                They are so delirious - first they find positives in a 43 point defeat, then now after getting punked by MSU most of the game, they still feel okay because they always lose the opener. Umm maybe UNI just isn't good!?
                                It's weird. A lot of them seem perfectly happy with their team digging 20+ point deficits and having to come back late to make it interesting.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X