No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of curiosity, just looked at the SMU box -- according to ESPN, they played six (!) guys, all the starters for at least 33 minutes, in a 16 point win they led by 10 at halftime. That may catch up with them a bit as the season winds down.

Comment

• Indiana losing a home game to Purdue last night was a positive result for Shocker fans. IU is now 15-10, 5-7 in Big Ten, KenPom of 42, and an expected RPI of 62. If the Shox lose in St. Louis and need an at-large invite, teams like IU will likely be who they are up against. After last night, I would give WSU the head-to-head edge.

Comment

• Nebraska shouldn't have even been alive in anyone's minds, but they were. After a home loss to Wisconsin last night, they should finally be declared dead. Anyone who gets paid for their analysis, and says otherwise, should be mocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Indiana losing a home game to Purdue last night was a positive result for Shocker fans. IU is now 15-10, 5-7 in Big Ten, KenPom of 42, and an expected RPI of 62. If the Shox lose in St. Louis and need an at-large invite, teams like IU will likely be who they are up against. After last night, I would give WSU the head-to-head edge.
          Indiana has always been the "blue blood" that I thought was most likely to A. fire their coach sometime soon and B. put HCGM on the very short list.

I'm the world's biggest Tom Crean fan. He seems to always do enough that he doesn't get fired, but never enough to really threaten for a national championship (even the year they were really good).

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            Indiana has always been the "blue blood" that I thought was most likely to A. fire their coach sometime soon and B. put HCGM on the very short list.

I'm the world's biggest Tom Crean fan. He seems to always do enough that he doesn't get fired, but never enough to really threaten for a national championship (even the year they were really good).
            To be fair to Crean this year. He has had like 3 major season ending injuries this year i think .

EDIT: ... not him personally obviously :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              To be fair to Crean this year. He has had like 3 major season ending injuries this year i think .

EDIT: ... not him personally obviously :)
              Credit his toughness. Most would call it quits for the year after just 1 major season ending injury. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Credit his toughness. Most would call it quits for the year after just 1 major season ending injury. :-)
                Tom Crean is a major league punk...not mid-major punk...MAJOR LEAGUE!!!!

If they went 0-30, I'd be thrilled.

Comment

• Dayton pulled off a big win, potentially, for us, @ Rhode Island tonight.

Comment

• St. Mary's college GameDay turnout- extremely mid majorish.

Comment

• Looks like Alabama hired a Normal, Illinois resident to pull the fire alarm not once, but twice at UK's hotel this morning.
                      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                        Looks like Alabama hired a Normal, Illinois resident to pull the fire alarm not once, but twice at UK's hotel this morning.
                        People keep making references to a fire alarm pulled @ILS. Is this confirmed? Anyone know more details? I'm always looking for another reason to hate the Redbirds! :)
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                          People keep making references to a fire alarm pulled @ILS. Is this confirmed? Anyone know more details? I'm always looking for another reason to hate the Redbirds! :)
                          I thought MK confirmed it during pre game commentary when the Shocks went to Normal but I could be mistaken.
                          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• K state versus West Virginia game completely unwatchable. Both teams in the bonus within seven minutes in the second half

Comment

• Seton Hall lost to St John's, Georgetown clobbers Marquette, Pitt leading the Orangemen early in the 2nd.

Comment

• K-State lost by 19, shot 19 more FTs but was out-rebounded 26-47 and shot 34.8% from the field. Turnovers were about even 18-19.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X