No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished watching a replay of Tennessee - Martin (109/223*) at SIU (131/178*). SIU won 78-70. SIU maybe coalescing as we head into conference play. They have some length and athleticism. Maybe a trap game for conference opponents. WSU plays SIU on 1/24 (home) and 2/15 (away).

*RPI/KenPom.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• ILLST (6-3)(62/75) over Hawaii (3-5)(314/222) 33-25 at half. ILLST 41.7% FG down from 60% with about 7 mins to go. 3-PT is 30%. ILLST with early foul trouble (Hawkins - 3, Fayne - 3, McIntosh - 2). N'Diaye with 3 blocks, and 5 rebounds. This may be the year that the Redbirds challenge WSU for the conference title. WSU plays ILLST on 1/14 (away), and 2/4 (home).
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        ILLST (6-3)(62/75) over Hawaii (3-5)(314/222) 33-25 at half. ILLST 41.7% FG down from 60% with about 7 mins to go. 3-PT is 30%. ILLST with early foul trouble (Hawkins - 3, Fayne - 3, McIntosh - 2). N'Diaye with 3 blocks, and 5 rebounds. This may be the year that the Redbirds challenge WSU for the conference title. WSU plays ILLST on 1/14 (away), and 2/4 (home).
        Taking my 3 kids to the Jan 14 game. How many fellow Shockers will be there.

Any suggestions on where to stay?

Comment

• Missouri State lost to USC 75-83.
          SIU beat Tennessee-Martin 78-70.
          Evansville defeated Mt St Joseph 68-55.
          Drake over Mississippi Valley State 101-69.
          ISUR beat Hawaii 71-45.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Okie State beat Texas-Corpus Christi 92-70.
            Tulsa beat Stephen F Austin 74-51.
            Winthrop over Saint Louis 66-55.
            LSU lost to Wake Forest 76-110.
            Long Beach State won over Colorado State 56-55.
            Maryland-Eastern Shore lost to Akron 60-76.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
              Taking my 3 kids to the Jan 14 game. How many fellow Shockers will be there.

Any suggestions on where to stay?
              The Marriott and Hyatt are nice places to stay in uptown normal. Marriott has a pretty nice pool for your kids too. Free parking in the parking garage next to them if your at one of those hotels

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollbird5 View Post
                The Marriott and Hyatt are nice places to stay in uptown normal. Marriott has a pretty nice pool for your kids too. Free parking in the parking garage next to them if your at one of those hotels
                Thanks, I will check them out. Pool not so important, my youngs is 30. :-)

Comment

• ISUr has a legit shot to win the Diamond Head Classic. They play San Francisco (who beat Utah by 3 last night) tonight at 9 on ESPN2. Other semifinal game is Tulsa-San Diego State at 3:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Game is getting away from the Bears.
                    Not much happening in Ralston tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                      Not much happening in Ralston tonight?
                      Nope. Christmas break. No work. Kids at home. I'm thinking of challenging them to a Galaga tourney.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        ISUr has a legit shot to win the Diamond Head Classic. They play San Francisco (who beat Utah by 3 last night) tonight at 9 on ESPN2. Other semifinal game is Tulsa-San Diego State at 3:30.
                        That's one of the fields that looked way better at the beginning of the year than it does now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Nope. Christmas break. No work. Kids at home. I'm thinking of challenging them to a Galaga tourney.
                          Lol - that's what were doing! And some kraaaazy VR stuff our 17 year old daughter got me hooked on.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I literally have said this every year since it went away.. but how in the world do none of you kind of miss Bracketbusters?

That would most likely be a chance to get another top 100 win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Drake should improve their 345 rpi. They're getting a big win over Mississippi valley State - rpi 289.

It's 96-65 with 1:44 left. I wasn't certain Drake could score 94 in an empty gym.
                              Out of morbid curiosity, I decided to see what kind of an rpi bump Drake would get for beating Mississippi Valley State. They pulled off the very difficult feat of DROPPING the rpi of both teams

Drake - 348 - There are only 351 teams in the rpi rankings. That's how bad Drake is.
                              MSVSU - 313
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If IlSU can win their exempt tourney, they could be a top-100 opponent. I almost feel dirty hoping for them to win a game.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X