Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
    It was more than just a simple steal.
    Actually the UNI Player was just standing on the floor, holding the ball under his arm and letting the clock run out.

UNI had not only waved the white flag, they had thrown in the towel, tagged a white rag on the hood, you name it. They wanted to get out of the arena, head to the airport and fly back to Frostbite Falls.

7th Woods charged at the UNI player, poked the ball out from under his arm, grabbed it and dunked with 0.1 seconds left.

A total ass hat that committed an unbelievable douche bag move.

That is all.
    Yikes. I'm now very glad we didn't land him. If he would have pulled that for WSU, I'd want him suspended. Marshall may have done him worse.

Comment

• Yes, it's a douche move, but anything to rub it into UNI makes me smile a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Coach K is apparently okay with this behavior. Unbelievable.
        Looks like maybe he's had enough. Grayson Allen has been suspended indefinitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Can someone tell me what happened with UNI and 7? I didn't see that one.
          Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Seventh stole the ball and dunked it with 0.1 seconds left in the game.
          "The North Carolina Tar Heels crushed the Northern Iowa Panthers 85-42. Seventh Woods had a strong day in the rout including a couple steals followed by dunks."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            I know you guys don't care about the Big East, but St. John's, probably the second worst team in the league, embarrassed Syracuse 93-60. The Orange don't like to play road games, were booed out of the Carrier Dome. Syracuse is now 0-3 vs. old BE members. Their fans are pissed! Jim Boeheim has some 'splainen to do.
            I'm confused, I thought the Carrier Dome was home, not road.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              I'm confused, I thought the Carrier Dome was home, not road.
              It was home. Their own fans booed their own team out of the dome. Not good times in upstate New York.

Edit. I see where that could be confusing. I should have completed my thought. Syracuse, who doesn't like playing road games, lost at home to all three former BE opponents, UConn, Georgetown and St. Johns. They got booed out of the Carrier Dome.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                Coach K is apparently okay with this behavior. Unbelievable.
                Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                Looks like maybe he's had enough. Grayson Allen has been suspended indefinitely.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  No one ever said it was foolproof, and once in a blue moon it doesn't work, especially if you don't bother to block out. But that doesn't make it a bad play; it just means it didn't work. Bottom line is that it still works way more often than allowing the other guys to shoot a three, and that's why it's the right thing to do.
                  I have heard plenty of people talk about this, acting as if doing anything but fouling when up 3 is a mortal sin to basketball. I don't necessarily mind people preferring this strategy but I do get annoyed when I hear pundits talk about this like it is a no-brainer decision to do. I was in the building when Wichita State pulled this off against Vanderbilt. That experience gives me enough pause to keep myself from saying that you should always do it.
                  78-65

Comment

I know you guys don't care about the Big East, but St. John's, probably the second worst team in the league, embarrassed Syracuse 93-60. The Orange don't like to play road games, were booed out of the Carrier Dome. Syracuse is now 0-3 vs. old BE members. Their fans are pissed! Jim Boeheim has some 'splainen to do.
                    In all fairness, Jim was distracted ensuring the NCAA that no rules were violated, at least any that mattered. The NCAA selection committee has assured him, even if significant violations are revealed at anytime before the year is over, that his distraction will not be held against his team and they should anticipate nothing less than a 7th seed and don't worry about the Orange's record. Injuries, NCAA suspensions, distraction due to worrying about these issues, are all figured into losses if your name is Jim Boeheim.
                    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                      In all fairness, Jim was distracted ensuring the NCAA that no rules were violated, at least any that mattered. The NCAA selection committee has assured him, even if significant violations are revealed at anytime before the year is over, that his distraction will not be held against his team and they should anticipate nothing less than a 7th seed and don't worry about the Orange's record. Injuries, NCAA suspensions, distraction due to worrying about these issues, are all figured into losses if your name is Jim Boeheim.
                      Don't think even the NCAA can help Boeheim this year.

Comment

220, 221, whatever it takes.
                        Wanna beer?
                        - It's 7 in the morning.
                        Scotch?
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Footage of the trip/kick...
                          Duke’s Grayson Allen, unquestionably America’s favorite college basketball player, stayed true to form Wednesday night in a game against Elon. After the game, Coach Mike Krzyzewski called Allen’s maneuver “unacceptable.” Allen expressed remorse and said that there was “no excuse” for the kick.

Comment

• So, just how long do you think Coach K will suspend The Brat. The 3 games just before @ ranked FSU, 4 games just before @ ranked Louisville, less or more.

Coach K has to take some ownership of this situation. Will he make the suspension short because he, the coach, didn't do enough before or shorter because he thought their little chats took care of it. K should have suspended him last year. The fact K put Allen back in the game indicates he just doesn't get it. I think this indefinite suspension came due to all the press outrage.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              No one ever said it was foolproof, and once in a blue moon it doesn't work
                              I'm sure you didn't mean "blue moon" (hyperbole) and you did clarify it later by stating that it works more than the other way (you are probably right). However, blocking out can happen correctly and a team who has their backs to the wall will "crash" the boards to get the rebound. As you admitted, there is no guarantee, and it is a decision (not an obvious and clear decision at that) that has to be made by the coach.

I just wonder if there are any statistics on how often it works if you put the other team at the line as opposed to shooting a 3 pointer where if I'm on defense, I'm switching defenders on screens and willing to allow a 2 if they want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                So, just how long do you think Coach K will suspend The Brat. The 3 games just before @ ranked FSU, 4 games just before @ ranked Louisville, less or more.

Coach K has to take some ownership of this situation. Will he make the suspension short because he, the coach, didn't do enough before or shorter because he thought their little chats took care of it. K should have suspended him last year. The fact K put Allen back in the game indicates he just doesn't get it. I think this indefinite suspension came due to all the press outrage.
                                Probably have to skip the shoot around the afternoon of the first ACC game.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X