No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky going undefeated immediately after the Shox did it diminished what the Shox did. Gonzaga losing props up that undefeated season.

I think every half-way serious basketball fan knows that Kentucky did it with a bunch of lottery picks and the Shox did it with a bunch of pretty much unknown players. The UK and the WSU undefeated seasons will be looked at as "different" types of seasons.

Undefeated seasons tend to get recognition for decades. When undefeated seasons are mentioned, it's going to be WSU and Kentucky. That might be better than if Kentucky hadn't done it. Getting mentioned in the same sentence as Kentucky for years and years can have some benefits.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Really feel bad for the Zags. A great program, great coach, and great players.

I'm not gonna lie, there is a small part of me that enjoys it because it shows how incredibly difficult going undefeated really is, even in a weak conference. Our road games against Northern Iowa, Alabama, Tulsa, Saint Louis, and maybe even our KC game against BYU were technically tougher than this game (and Gonzaga has some equal and better wins this season, so don't get me wrong here), but it shows how difficult it is to do even if you're very talented and focused. Sometimes averages play against you and you lose. This seems to be one of those instances.
      This article is a similar discussion:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Really feel bad for the Zags. A great program, great coach, and great players.

I'm not gonna lie, there is a small part of me that enjoys it because it shows how incredibly difficult going undefeated really is, even in a weak conference. Our road games against Northern Iowa, Alabama, Tulsa, Saint Louis, and maybe even our KC game against BYU were technically tougher than this game (and Gonzaga has some equal and better wins this season, so don't get me wrong here), but it shows how difficult it is to do even if you're very talented and focused. Sometimes averages play against you and you lose. This seems to be one of those instances.
        i

Total agreement here. Admitedly I have a little personal interest here as the head of my son's club team (who has taken a personal interest in my son) is Josh Perkins dad. I hope we don't play them in the NCAA unless it's final four, but I've thought all the way along that we could beat them if we land up playing them.
        up
        As much as I would love to play and beat ole Roy, they are the one team I wouldn't want to see of the 1 seeds. Right now they are without question in my mind the best team in the country, maybe not the most deserving, but clearly playing the best and would be a very difficult match up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
          That should ensure them a top 100 rpi.
          rpiforecast.com: CSU loses last 2 games 95 RPI, CSU splits as predicted 71 RPI, CSU wins the last 2 games 67 RPI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
            First, Gonzaga is the closest thing we have to a national rival currently, even though we don't play.
            MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Yearly H/H!!!
            The Assman

Comment

• Pitino is being a ruthless meanie to the 'Cuse, shameful lob up 20 less than 2 minutes to go! The HORROR!

Comment

• One week ago, Michigan State guard Eron Harris was ruled out for the season. He suffered a serious knee injury in a loss at Purdue, and his teammates teared up as he was stretchered off the court. A day later, Michigan State announced that Harris’ career was over.

Pretty awesome move from Izzo. Subbed in Harris who had a season ending injury with 11 seconds left. He inbounds the ball then tells his player to intentionally travel with the ball so that Harris could get his ovation on senior night

Comment

• I think we'll pass Wisconsin in the AP Poll tomorrow with today's loss (Badgers have now dropped 4 of 5 and lost twice this week to unranked teams).

We'd probably hop Notre Dame too in the unlikely event Georgia Tech wins in South Bend this evening. Will definitely be passing Maryland and Creighton.

#23 at the worst tomorrow, #21 (but only if ND loses) at the best IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    I think we'll pass Wisconsin in the AP Poll tomorrow with today's loss (Badgers have now dropped 4 of 5 and lost twice this week to unranked teams).

We'd probably hop Notre Dame too in the unlikely event Georgia Tech wins in South Bend this evening. Will definitely be passing Maryland and Creighton.

#23 at the worst tomorrow, #21 (but only if ND loses) at the best IMO.
                    But also squarely on the bubble, probably not in

Comment

• Notre Dame eases past Georgia Tech 64-60. The Irish will remain comfortably ahead of us in the polls tomorrow.

USC lost a bad one at Arizona State, blowing a big lead in the last 2 minutes. Trojans are a team we are fighting for seeding ATM.

Comment

Notre Dame eases past Georgia Tech 64-60. The Irish will remain comfortably ahead of us in the polls tomorrow.

USC lost a bad one at Arizona State, blowing a big lead in the last 2 minutes. Trojans are a team we are fighting for seeding ATM.
                        Didn't you get the memo?.
                        Bad losses don't count
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

For reference, UNI blew out ASU.

But if WSU loses to UNI they are eliminated from tourney consideration.
                          Last edited by Cdizzle; February 27, 2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            For reference, UNI blew out ASU.

But of WSU loses to UNI they are eliminated from tourney consideration.
                            They damn near were last year. That's after UNI had already beaten N. Carolina and Iowa St.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              They damn near were last year. That's after UNI had already beaten N. Carolina and Iowa St.
                              Right but THOSE wins don't count. UNC didn't really want to win that early in the year, and something was wrong with ISU. #FAKESPORTSRESULTS

Comment

• Other Sunday scores of interest:

#15 Cincinnati 49 - @ UCF 53

#16 Wisconsin 74 @ Michigan State 84

East Carolina 66 @ Tulsa 74

USC 82 @ Arizona State 83

Comment

Working...
                                X