16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    A TCU team that beat Illinois State by 9 and held Paris Lee to 13 points on only 8 shots.

A TCU team that beat Bradley by 30.

TCU would have finished 3rd in our league. Possibly 2nd.

Plus KU was down Josh Jackson, so Mason had to play extra minutes. Even if he was gassed he still scored 29 points with 6 assists.

I know you guys just like to pile on KU when they lose because it's fun, but sometimes it's like some of you haven't watched college basketball outside of WSU all season. TCU is pretty good and they have some very good players and a great coach.
    So then how much better is TCU than Gonzaga?

Comment

• KUs KenPom rating drops to 10 .. immediately below #9 Wichita State and quite a bit below #1 Gonzaga

Comment

A TCU team that beat Illinois State by 9 and held Paris Lee to 13 points on only 8 shots.

Plus KU was down Josh Jackson, so Mason had to play extra minutes. Even if he was gassed he still scored 29 points with 6 assists.

I know you guys just like to pile on KU when they lose because it's fun, but sometimes it's like some of you haven't watched college basketball outside of WSU all season. TCU is pretty good and they have some very good players and a great coach.
        The victory over the Redbirds was a come from behind effort won at the line. Just sayin'. And Gonzaga beat the Cyclones who beat the Chickens at afh. Maybe they would have won the big12. After all they did beat Florida and Arizona this year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I've watched a lot college basketball this season, thanks.

I don't care for the Jackson excuse. Want him to play? Then recruit better citizens of society.

He did score 29 in the loss. Thank God, or it would've been a double-digit beatdown. I'm not sure why we're making Valley comparisons with TCU. This is Kansas, the best team in the land. How is TCU supposed to overmatch them?

I guess I just find it odd that there are WSU fans dressed as KU apologists on this site. And who the **** cares if WSU fans pile on KU? This is a WICHITA STATE message board the last time I checked.
          I'm not "dressed as a KU apologist", I just like arguing and talking about college basketball, especially Wichita State. Which is why I'm on a Wichita State college basketball message board. Also, why do you always reply with that same comeback whenever anyone presents another side to the "KU sucks" point of view? Is that the only comeback you have? You really go to the well a lot and you've been doing it continuously ever since I signed up and I'm sure it's been going on far longer than that.

Plus, If it's a WICHITA STATE "only" message board, why are you talking about KU? Why is every thread filled with KU talk all the time? This thread, the 'Bracketology' thread, 'Realignment and Wichita State: Best Possible Outcome', and even the 'University of Wichita' thread, all have numerous KU references in it.

Face it. This site is just as much of a "bash KU because some of us have little brother syndrome" message board as much as it is a WICHITA STATE message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
            ESPN just hasn't updated yet.

But looking at it, ESPN has our RPI as 34; NCAA has our RPI as 27; Warren Nolan has us at 28. Illinois St. NCAA 31, Warren Nolan 31, ESPN 37.

Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.

Get NCAA college basketball rankings from the Associated Press, USA Today Coaches poll and the NCAA NET Rankings.

Not sure why ESPN's RPI numbers are so much different.

I discussed it with Eamonn Brennan. I think he even changed the Syracuse Bubble Watch from RPI of 75 to ugly RPI, but the best part of the discussion:

@eamonnbrennan Why is ESPN's RPI so off? Thought 75 you were deceiving w/Cuse. ESPN 75. NCAA had them 79 before the loss. Therefore 85 RPI.

@d honestly not sure why discrepancies sometimes pop up on the site, but RPI is best when viewed vaguely anyway

@eamonnbrennan
            Thank you. But I think the difference between 75 and 85 isn't a vague discrepancy, it is a huge discrepancy.
            Syracuse RPI is now sitting at 88 as of now. Worst RPI ever was in 1999 New Mexico at 74. Syracuse has a 2-11 record away from home no team has ever received a bid with 2 or fewer wins away from home.

Did anyone listen to Jim Boeheim press conference and how "4 other teams in this conference is going to make the tournament with only 3 road wins in conf".......well yes Jim that is true but all those teams actually won games out of conference away from home which you did not.
            2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
            2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
            2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
            2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
            The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              The victory over the Redbirds was a come from behind effort won at the line. Just sayin'.
              So Illinois St wasn't good enough to keep a lead against "lowly" TCU?

That actually makes IllSU look worse if we're talking about how "bad" TCU is.

Comment

• The best team in this state the last 5 years has been WSU. It's a fact. Ask Jamar. He can roll out some stats for us. No little brother syndrome there.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Or perhaps some just like to see the smug smiles wiped off of the faces of the entitled Jayhawk fans.

But we get offended when other places do the same to us?

Nice logic there.

Comment

so what? tcu isn't all that. indiana state beat butler, nearly waxed iowa state, and finished 6th (or so) in our league.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Or perhaps some just like to see the smug smiles wiped off of the faces of the entitled Jayhawk fans.
                      All day babee (Dickie V.)!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        so what? tcu isn't all that. indiana state beat butler, nearly waxed iowa state, and finished 6th (or so) in our league.
                        We lost to Oklahoma state by 60 and they finished 5th in the Big 12. We nearly lost to OU and they finished last in the Big 12.

So you're saying we would have finished 6th (or so) in the Big 12?

Comment

• KU fan having a meltdown on Shockernet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            KU fan having a meltdown on Shockernet.
                            Starting to look that way but what do I know

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I think Gonzaga would take KU's lunch money.
                              There are several teams (Shockers among them) who will take the Beakers lunch money if the coming tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                KU fan having a meltdown on Shockernet.
                                Lol I'm not a KU fan. I just like talking and arguing College hoops. Seriously, you guys need a better comeback than "Guess you're just a KU fan!".

You guys are killing a lot of time for me at work. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X