No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota State wins to advance to the Summit League Tournament finals. I'm just gonna assume that now that we've got the bid for sure, we're gonna get all the help from our OOC opponents that we wanted over the course of the year. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      South Dakota State wins to advance to the Summit League Tournament finals. I'm just gonna assume that now that we've got the bid for sure, we're gonna get all the help from our OOC opponents that we wanted over the course of the year. :)
      That means Okay State is gonna win the Big 12 tournament doesn't it? I wouldn't mind that.

I'd like to see CSU win the MWC auto bid.

Comment

• Real happy for Forbes and his crew! Once a shocker always a shocker.

Comment

• South Dakota State is a 2.5 point favorite in tonight's Summit League Tournament finale versus Omaha.

Comment

• Go Clemson!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Go Clemson!
              Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Why?
                Cause now we are in. So I'd like to play trash teams like Clemson.

Comment

Cause now we are in. So I'd like to play trash teams like Clemson.
                  What possible scenario does WSU play Clemson? If Clemson sneaks in as an 11 or 12, and WSU is a 7,8,9,10... almost impossible to imagine how they run into each other. Wouldn't meet in first round. WSU gets a 1 or 2 in second round. Clemson won't be around for the Sweet 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    What possible scenario does WSU play Clemson? If Clemson sneaks in as an 11 or 12, and WSU is a 7,8,9,10... almost impossible to imagine how they run into each other. Wouldn't meet in first round. WSU gets a 1 or 2 in second round. Clemson won't be around for the Sweet 16.
                    What about when WSU is a 6?

Comment

What about when WSU is a 6?
                      I'm not sure that will happen. And if it does, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Clemson gets a 10.

Comment

• khan, 6 plays 11, not 10

but no, WSU isn't getting a 6, and no, Clemson isn't getting an 11

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          I'm not sure that will happen. And if it does, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Clemson gets a 10.
                          I'm not sure it will happen either. Or even think it is likely. Though the 6 plays the 11, which is certainly where a team like Clemson (or other crappy P5 play-in team) could land.

Lots of assumptions. The more teams in the tournament I'm confident are crappier than WSU, the better.

Comment

• Be great...but committee won't give us that easy of a path to Sweet-16. Member...their goal is to eliminate non P-5 schools in the first 2 rounds thus a greater chance for a Kentucky vs Duke or North Carolina or kansas Final Four.

Unless something unprecedented within the committee happens we will be matched-up with a mid and then the bubbles. No respect...no respect.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Mid on Mid matchups are a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, it guarantees a mid is eliminated as early as possible.

On the other hand, it guarantees a mid moves on to the next round.

Comment

Mid on Mid matchups are a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, it guarantees a mid is eliminated as early as possible.

On the other hand, it guarantees a mid moves on to the next round.
                                Totally agree. And it's kinda fun anyways!!!

Ideally for this particar fan...I'd like to be a 5 or 6 seed in any of the ESPN projected brackets.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X