2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Ron should have been DPOY, imho. Best defender on the best adjusted defensive team in the nation.

Since he didn't win it I am happy it was Big E. The big guy had a hell of a season. (Defense is more than just rebounding though)
    I don't have too much problem with the Big E getting that award. He was not only the top rebounder in the Valley but in the nation. He also had 88 blocks which was almost double the next highest total in the league. On top of that he scored 16.6 ppg. So the guy deserves some love.

One problem that Ron had is that the Shocks had so many good defenders that they could share the load in stopping the other teams best scorers. The team defense the Shocks played this year was simply outstanding.

Comment

MVCs new slogan "The Missouri Valley Confernece where everyone gets a cookie"

Comment

Congrats to Fred, Ron, Anton, and McDuffie!

Can Landry make it FoY two years in a row?
        Last edited by pie n eye; March 1, 2016, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          Congrats to Fred, Ron, and McDuffie!

Can Landry make it FoY two years in a row?
          And don't forget Anton, also on the All Newcomer team.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Four guards on the first team clearly identifies, in my mind, a league dominated by 1's and 2's. Therefore, Ron Baker faced far more challenges than Mock did with few good big players. Yes, Zach and Markis spread the duty but Ron was there as well. Understandably, wanting to spread the wealth is a human nature. Speaking of wealth, Mock can give Ron a call next year if he needs some financial assistance.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Four guards on the first team clearly identifies, in my mind, a league dominated by 1's and 2's. Therefore, Ron Baker faced far more challenges than Mock did with few good big players. Yes, Zach and Markis spread the duty but Ron was there as well. Understandably, wanting to spread the wealth is a human nature. Speaking of wealth, Mock can give Ron a call next year if he needs some financial assistance.
              Might be able to hook him up with a good barber too. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                And don't forget Anton, also on the All Newcomer team.
                There's a very real possibility that we'll repeat this next year with Shaq as POY and Landry as FOY.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                  There's a very real possibility that we'll repeat this next year with Shaq as POY and Landry as FOY.
                  Or Duff as POY. He'll certainly be one of the best.

Comment

Quote from the Redbird Forum: "You can't NOT give Marshall the COY because he was supposed to have a first place team. That would be like not giving someone the MVP because they were supposed to get the MVP."

Comment

Originally posted by gdb620 View Post
                      Quote from the Redbird Forum: "You can't NOT give Marshall the COY because he was supposed to have a first place team. That would be like not giving someone the MVP because they were supposed to get the MVP."
                      Makes tons of sense. Steph Curry probably won't get a single MVP vote.

Edit: oh wait, misread their quote. It actually does make sense. Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I don't have too much problem with the Big E getting that award. He was not only the top rebounder in the Valley but in the nation. He also had 88 blocks which was almost double the next highest total in the league. On top of that he scored 16.6 ppg. So the guy deserves some love.

One problem that Ron had is that the Shocks had so many good defenders that they could share the load in stopping the other teams best scorers. The team defense the Shocks played this year was simply outstanding.
                        even in florida, the defense was outstanding (offense, on the other hand, was an eyesore).

Comment

larry bird trophy is awesome. i haven't seen what the foy trophy looks like.

Comment

That Wardle got a vote for CotY is genuinely funny. I laugh every time I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gdb620 View Post
                              It is one thing to win the Valley when you should. However, the Shocks won it with a 4 game lead over the 2nd place teams. Now that is COY results. Also, who Coaches the team that is bringing home the most bacon at the Dance being shared by all of the other Valley teams? Hmmmmm!!!!!!!

Great job by the Shockers and our players that were honored. We faced more than our share of adversity this Season and fought through it with solid results. If I could vote, Coach Marshall would be my choice for COY in the Valley this Season. He earned it!!!!!!!
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Grady is Captain of the All-Bench Team.
                                Grady and McDuffie on the All-Bench team

No one made the Most Improved team ... That's a joke

MVC All-Bench
                                Nick Banyard, Ill St
                                Mislav Brzoja, UE
                                Klint Carlson, UNI
                                Anton Grady, WSU
                                Markis McDuffie, WSU
                                Leo Vincent, SIU

MVC Most Improved
                                Jaylon Brown, UE
                                Chris Kendrix, MO St
                                Bennett Koch, UNI
                                MiKyle McIntosh,Ill St