No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because Wardle was better than a couple other coaches, and that is debatable, is he really Coach of the Year? Whoever cast that vote should be fired for stupidity.

Comment

Looks like Fred is Player of the Year:

Also, McDuffie is Freshman of the Year.

Comment

Fred is the POY and McDuffie is Freshman of the Year.

LARRY BIRD TROPHY -- VOTING BREAKDOWN
        Student-Athlete, School 1st 2nd 3rd TOTAL
        Fred VanVleet, WSU 24.5 11.5 4 100.5
        Egidijus Mockevicius, UE 11 13 9 68
        Ron Baker, WSU 1.5 9.5 13 36.5
        D.J. Balentine, UE 1 11 11 36
        Anthony Beane, SIU 5 0 4 19
        Wes Washpun, UNI 2 0 4 10

Comment

Congratulations Fred. Well deserved.

And congrats to Markis as well. Would love to see Markis walk away with POY in a couple of years. But he may have strong competition for that among even his own teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Congratulations Fred. Well deserved.
            This. And to Mr. McDuffie as well.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              This. And to Mr. McDuffie as well.
              His first of many trophies he'll collect
              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Well it looks like Mark Adams stuck to his word. lol
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Congrats to FVV and MM. Pretty fabulous.

Also big congrats to the Redturd fans for nailing their predictions. We'll all be waiting for Muller's COY award to be announced soon enough.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Well it looks like Mark Adams stuck to his word. lol
                    Yep. Apparently they let him do that. Does make it ugly to read, but who cares.

Congratulations to FRED VANVLEET. 2-TIME MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Enjoying the ride. This stuff is awesome. Glad to see Baker was 1st Team for his 3rd time in 3 tries. In case there was any doubt, I would go ahead and plan a place in the rafters for that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Yep. Apparently they let him do that. Does make it ugly to read, but who cares.

Congratulations to FRED VANVLEET. 2-TIME MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE YEAR.

Enjoying the ride. This stuff is awesome. Glad to see Baker was 1st Team for his 3rd time in 3 tries. In case there was any doubt, I would go ahead and plan a place in the rafters for that one too.
                      Bookend guards to go with the bookend forwards!

Comment

Ron should have been DPOY, imho. Best defender on the best adjusted defensive team in the nation.

Since he didn't win it I am happy it was Big E. The big guy had a hell of a season. (Defense is more than just rebounding though)
                        The Assman

Comment

My favorite part of the press release:

Notably, VanVleet and Baker are the first pair of guards from the same team to earn first-team all-MVC honors three-straight seasons in the league's 109-year history. Only three other pairs of MVC teammates --- at any position -- have accomplished it: Junior Bridgeman/Allen Murphy, Louisville – 1973-74-75; Larry Finch/Ronnie Robinson, Memphis – 1971-72-73; Arthur Browning/Herb Bunker, Mizzou – 1921-22-23.

Comment

So, I wonder who the mystery voter was who didn't have FVV in his Top 3? (If I read it right, 45 Total Votes - 4 WSU-connected = 41 Possible. FVV finished with 40 votes).

Comment

Probably the beat writer for the Illinois State fan board. Paris, Devaughn, Mock
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by downdraft View Post
                                So, I wonder who the mystery voter was who didn't have FVV in his Top 3? (If I read it right, 45 Total Votes - 4 WSU-connected = 41 Possible. FVV finished with 40 votes).
                                Sully. Pretty sure local beat writer can't vote players from the team they cover.

My math is off. I see you already took out the 4 connected votes, I went ahead and removed Sully again. My bad. Congrats Fred & Markis!
                                Last edited by ShoxFan7; March 1, 2016, 03:45 PM. Reason: Read it before you post it. I see you removed the four area reporters
                                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Working...
                                X