No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall doesn't share that bonus with his assistants and jans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall doesn't share that bonus with his assistants and jans.
      Hopefully, they will be ackowledged accordingly as well. I have always thought that a COY award is really a Coaching Staff of the Year Award. In fact, I think in one of the Valley sports, I don't remember which one, I think they give a Coaching Staff of the Year award instead of a Coach of the Year award. But I wouldn't swear to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
        Marshall is the reason we were picked first. It's not supposed to be most improved coach of the year.

It's not supposed to be the "Gregg Marshall Award" either.

Conferences don't like awarding the same coach COTY every single year. It makes the conference look bad. That'd be like the Big 12 giving Bill Self COTY every year for the past 13 years just because they won the conference. We were supposed to win the conference, ISU went 17-1 and co-won the conference. I have no issue with Danny taking home the meaningless award. He deserved it just as much as HCGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Conferences don't like awarding the same coach COTY every single year. It makes the conference look bad. That'd be like the Big 12 giving Bill Self COTY every year for the past 13 years just because they won the conference. We were supposed to win the conference, ISU went 17-1 and co-won the conference. I have no issue with Danny taking home the meaningless award. He deserved it just as much as HCGM.
          How about we just name it the Gregg Marshall MVC coach of the year award and he can give it to the best coach thst's not him?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Agreeing to disagree. The Shocks lost 2 NBA guards coming into the season. Maybe just as good now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Exactly, the explanation and the thought mean more than the bonus itself.
              it would not surprise me if Gregg added this to the $10,000 donation to the Wichita Children's Ho,e
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                For the record, I don't really have a problem with Muller winning this year. 17-1 is not easy. And he did navigate the McIntosh injury. I think what Marshall did is at least as impressive. Which is why you make Marshall COY in 2016, and then give a coin-flip to a deserving other guy in 2017.

Marshall has coached his teams to a 68-4 league record over 4 years, and was voted the league COY twice. I think that pretty much sums up this conference.

ISU sweeping the awards was not unexpected given the leanings of the league, but it very much does not represent reality.
                If I am reading this right, I don't believe you are correct. Gregg has not won COY in the last three years now. He won three straight in 2012-2014...but Jacobsen won it in 2015 and fourth-place Barry won it last year.

Now I do agree that Muller winning it this year certainly isn't as egregious as Barry winning last year...but still. 50-4 has been good enough for ZERO COY awards in the last three years.
                78-65

Comment

It may be a coincidence or may not mean anything, but don't you bring up KU often? It may be just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    It may be a coincidence or may not mean anything, but don't you bring up KU often? It may be just me.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone know what bonus dirty dan got for his award?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShox View Post
                        Anyone know what bonus dirty dan got for his award?
                        A get out of jail free card for his choice of one player.

Comment

• In the first 40 minutes of basketball, the league COY led his team to .35 points per minute more than the 2nd best coach.

In the next 80 minutes of basketball, the league's 2nd best coach adjusted his team to .763 points per minute more than the COY.

Comment

Working...
                          X