Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

    First Team
    Ron Baker, Wichita State, Sr.
    D.J. Balentine, Evansville, Sr.
    Anthony Beane, Southern Illinois, Sr.
    Egidijus Mockevicius, Evansville, Sr.
    Fred VanVleet, Wichita State, Sr.

    Second Team
    DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, Illinois State, Sr.
    Devonte Brown, Indiana State, Sr.
    Montel James, Loyola, Sr.
    Brenton Scott, Indiana State, Sophomore
    Wes Washpun, UNI, Sr.

    Honorable-Mention Selections
    Matt Bohannon, UNI, Sr.
    Paris Lee, Illinois State, Jr.
    MiKyle McIntosh, Illinois State, So.
    Dequon Miller, Missouri State, Jr.
    Jeremy Morgan, UNI, Jr.
    Reed Timmer, Drake, So.

    All-Newcomer Team
    Dequon Miller, Missouri State, Jr.
    Anton Grady, Wichita State, Sr.
    Mike Rodriguez, Southern Illinois, Jr.
    Markis McDuffie, Wichita State, Fr.
    Everett Clemons, Indiana State, Jr.

    All-Freshman Team
    Markis McDuffie, Wichita State
    Obediah Church, Missouri State
    Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye, Bradley
    Jarred Dixon, Missouri State
    Luuk van Bree, Bradley

    All-Defensive Team
    Ron Baker, Wichita State, Sr.
    Egidijus Mockevicius, Evansville, Sr.
    Jeremy Morgan, UNI, Jr.
    Fred VanVleet, Wichita State, Sr.
    Paris Lee, Illinois State, Jr.

    Most of that makes sense, but no Zach Brown on the All-Defensive team? My goodness.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

  • #2
    Something that jumps out is the lack of players from the Redbirds. For the team with the best athletes 1-12, they should have many more players on here. Better do a re-count.

    Comment


    • #3
      9 of 10 1st and 2nd teamers are Seniors. All-Newcomer team has 4 of 5 upperclassmen. All Defensive Team: 3 Sr. & 2 Jr.

      This league is really top-heavy. I hope all these programs have some young guys waiting in the wings ..
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

      Comment


      • #4
        Paris Lee over Z. Brown on the All Defense team makes no sense to me. And even though I think Baker deserves DPOTY, I'm thinking big E will get it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Paris Lee averages 30 minutes per game. Zach Brown averages 19. I'm not surprised that a guy who averages less than 20 minutes per game was left off an all conference award.

          Brown will get the minutes, and the awards, next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Paris Lee averages 30 minutes per game. Zach Brown averages 19. I'm not surprised that a guy who averages less than 20 minutes per game was left off an all conference award.

            Brown will get the minutes, and the awards, next year.
            That's fair.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

            Comment


            • #7
              When do they announce the POY, DPOY, FOY, COY, etc?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

              Comment


              • #8
                McDuffie is the only Freshman on the newcomer team. Gotta think he's locked up Freshman of the year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My memory is bad, but isn't this the same first team as last year, only with Beane in for Tuttle? Also, I wonder if Shaq will be considered for Most Improved, or if his minutes are still too few.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    When do they announce the POY, DPOY, FOY, COY, etc?
                    I think all but COY are announced sometime today.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      2pm today specialty award winners. COY Thursday.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                        Something that jumps out is the lack of players from the Redbirds. For the team with the best athletes 1-12, they should have many more players on here. Better do a re-count.
                        While I know this is playing on a joke, I would take both Lee and McIntosh over the two ISUb players on 2nd team, every day of the week.

                        I would also take Lee over Beane and Balentine. Lee is no FVV, but he plays pretty well at both ends of the court.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          While I know this is playing on a joke, I would take both Lee and McIntosh over the two ISUb players on 2nd team, every day of the week.

                          I would also take Lee over Beane and Balentine. Lee is no FVV, but he plays pretty well at both ends of the court.
                          So serious question. Do you think the the voters, who are mostly media members, have a bias against the ISUr players due to their rep? It certainly could give them extra motivation in the tourney.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Watch Gregg get screwed with the COY award. Granted, this is just one voter, but the SIU beat writer gave his votes for COY...and not one of them was for 3G...and this guy couldn't vote for SIU guys either, so Barry wasn't even one of his votes.

                            http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...fc0450d24.html
                            78-65

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Watch Gregg get screwed with the COY award. Granted, this is just one voter, but the SIU beat writer gave his votes for COY...and not one of them was for 3G...and this guy couldn't vote for SIU guys either, so Barry wasn't even one of his votes.

                              http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...fc0450d24.html
                              Bradley's coach was his 3rd pick for coach of the year!!! What the heck??? Dude is crazy!
                              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X