No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of Dante Thomas but Shaq definiteley got robbed. You could even make a case for Zach Brown on Most Improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Never heard of Dante Thomas but Shaq definiteley got robbed. You could even make a case for Zach Brown on Most Improved.
      Don't know that they got robbed. Most of these other players had greater improvement in scoring and minutes played or equal in one, but better in the other.

Zach made greater strides statistically than Shaq. I'd look at comparing Zach against McIntosh or Olaniyan. The others make a better case to be on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
        There's a very real possibility that we'll repeat this next year with Shaq as POY and Landry as FOY.
        Man, I so want this to be true, but I'm not yet convinced Shaq will be as motivated next year like he has been this year and we all know why.

Now, if Landry steps into Fred's shoes, both figuratively AND literally, especially as chief motivator of the Shaq Wall, then he most certainly will deserve FOY!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          Man, I so want this to be true, but I'm not yet convinced Shaq will be as motivated next year like he has been this year and we all know why.

Now, if Landry steps into Fred's shoes, both figuratively AND literally, especially as chief motivator of the Shaq Wall, then he most certainly will deserve FOY!
          If Landry literally steps into Fred's shoes, I think Landry will continue to have foot/ankle problems. He should get his own non-stanky shoes that fit well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Nah, the way he's playing, stronger and SMARTER shows he's made the connection between working hard and success. What Fred needs to do before he leaves is to take the most-improved snub and use it to install a big chip on his shoulder.

Comment

The omission of Shaq on all these lists is confounding. Watched him manhandle every post player in this league this season. Also don't understand the lack of respect that Ron gets. IMO, he should have not only been the DPOY, but he should have been the MVP. Ron does a lot of things for the Shocks that just don't show up in the stats. He can play multiple positions, defends the other teams best player on most nights, rebounds well, scores well, really has no weaknesses. I am happy for Fred as the league MVP, but was really hoping Ron would eventually get his just deserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
                The omission of Shaq on all these lists is confounding. Watched him manhandle every post player in this league this season. Also don't understand the lack of respect that Ron gets. IMO, he should have not only been the DPOY, but he should have been the MVP. Ron does a lot of things for the Shocks that just don't show up in the stats. He can play multiple positions, defends the other teams best player on most nights, rebounds well, scores well, really has no weaknesses. I am happy for Fred as the league MVP, but was really hoping Ron would eventually get his just deserts.
                Shaq lacked one key thing….consistency. If he finds that one key thing he will be POY next year no question. And I somewhat agree about Ron, best case would have been coPOY. Ron may do more, but Fred is more important so I guess if I had to choose one to get it Fred would get my vote. Ron should have won it last year BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Grady is Captain of the All-Bench Team.
                  Grady and McDuffie on the All-Bench team

No one made the Most Improved team ... That's a joke

MVC All-Bench
                  Nick Banyard, Ill St
                  Mislav Brzoja, UE
                  Klint Carlson, UNI
                  Anton Grady, WSU
                  Markis McDuffie, WSU
                  Leo Vincent, SIU

How are 6th man of the year and the captain of the All-Bench team figured? I find it strange that Anton is the Captain of the Team but Mislav BrZoja is the 6th Man of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
                    Two games against Evansville:

Mock - 67 minutes, 25 points, 28 rebounds, 4 blocks, 8 fouls

Shaq - 25 minutes, 10 points, 6 rebounds, 0 blocks, 9 fouls

Had Shaq played the same numbers of minutes, 27 points, 16 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 24 fouls.

Comment

Shaq's biggest obstacle is going to be staying on the court, both from a conditioning and fouling standpoint. I have no doubt he was the 2nd best post in the league this year - when he's playing. He just needs to stay on the court more so it shows up on the stat sheets.

Comment

I think Shaq was probably snubbed, but that's because I saw a lot of what he did, especially as the season wore on. if you just look at stats, as most of the voters probably do (to the extent that a couple of them look at anything) it may not be so apparent. And there's no question that he still has work to do on his consistency.

Maybe if he feels slighted he can use this as a chip on the shoulder the way his mentor LeFred, and the Shocks as a whole team, have been so good at doing in recent years. A little extra motivation couldn't possibly hurt, especially next season when he may still need a boost from a source other than the one he's been helped by this time around.

Comment

Shaq is a stud! He was the second best big in the league this year and will be the best next year. That said, he didn't deserve any awards this year. He wasn't consistent and didn't play enough minutes. He will not be POY next year; in fact, I believe he won't be a first team selection. He WILL be a key reason why we win the MVC for a fourth straight season.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            That group of players were VERY improved from last season. They were deserving.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Congratulations to all of our truly outstanding players who won MVC awards and to our entire team who contributed in assisting them in earning these well deserved recognitions.

And undoubtedly, next year (and if appropriate, whatever years thereafter), we will continue to see WSU players harvest these same well earned MVC honors.

Comment

Fred is the first ever two time POY winner that received his awards in non-consecutive seasons.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X