Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    He was shaking his wrist multiple times
    He's been doing some of that with his left wrist, particularly, for much of the season. Watch when he is walking to the spot where he will throw the ball in. What is missing, IMHO, is his 3-4 drives down the lane to the basket.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      Without a doubt, the replay was on there this morning because I watched it. It appears to be gone right now. Hopefully they'll re-post it later.
      I watched the game this morning on ESPN3.

I will never learn the difference between ESPN3 and WatchESPN. There is a difference, so I check both for the game video.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
        Why don't they show the other Valley scores at halftime or TO's anymore? Instead it was a run through of the Top 25 scores at halftime in which they spelled it "Seaton Hall" instead of Seton Hall. Maybe it's the same intern who spelled it "Saint Lewis" instead of Saint Louis a few years back.
        I don't know whether it was in jest or not, but someone posted during/after the game at Seton Hall that the tickets had misspelled Wichita State. This scoreboard spelling might be a retaliation for that.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
          If I remember right it took FVV till well into the MVC last year to find his stride. It's like he doesn't trust his teammates yet and he's trying to do waaay too much himself. He finished strong last year and carried us against Indiana. I hope it's not his leg but he wasn't right tonight.
          I just want Ron to be Buddy Hield. He's too much of a team player for that, but he passed on several open shots/ driving opportunities. Hopefully it was just something minor with his wrist.
          EW gave up ALOT of offensive rebounds. I know, I know he made a shot. So did MM, ZB, and CF. more of them less of him please.
          Where is this teams' fire? We need a Cle-type who gets insulted when someone tries to guard him. Our leaders seem a little too laid back. It's a fine line I guess.
          Other than Edigious, DJ had 1, Wing had 2, Brzoja had 1 and their team was credited with one offensive rebound. EW was guarding Brzoja some, but I don't know if he was guarding Wing some, but certainly not all the time. He didn't guard DJ, so ALOT must mean 1 or 2, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            I don't know whether it was in jest or not, but someone posted during/after the game at Seton Hall that the tickets had misspelled Wichita State. This scoreboard spelling might be a retaliation for that.
            Great memory. I forgot; Fever or someone else who went to the game must've posted about it.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
              This has all been touched upon in previous posts in this thread, which you may or may not have read. I'm not going to repeat myself, I think I've made it clear how I feel about some of the philosophies. In this case, getting new officials isn't going to help. It's still going to be the same. It's about changing the philosophies and the mindset of those philosophies, and going back to the "a foul is a foul, etc etc mindset." If you want to blame anybody, you'll have to go way back before my time, and probably way back before yours to figure out who started all these philosophies. Right or wrong, it's the way the game is called. Again, getting new officials isn't the answer.
              Yup, Responded in-line before reading the rest of the argument. We are on the same chapter, even if not on the same page. I agree, it is what it is and it wont change, but I wont agree that getting new officials isn't the right answer. If the officials don't want to call the rules by the book, ALL of them should be replaced, but that wont happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                That's true, we are beatable. If our league foes bring their A game and we play a B- game, it will be close. If we have an A game, not a chance.
                I'd say we were B- at best last night, and according to Marty, that was the best UE has played, so I'd say that was their A game. We were still able to beat them with some questionable officiating keeping it close at the end, so I think you are absolutely correct.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Other than Edigious, DJ had 1, Wing had 2, Brzoja had 1 and their team was credited with one offensive rebound. EW was guarding Brzoja some, but I don't know if he was guarding Wing some, but certainly not all the time. He didn't guard DJ, so ALOT must mean 1 or 2, I guess.
                  I think 2 is the correct number. They were just extremely obvious (not boxing on a free throw), so that made it seem like more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Yup, Responded in-line before reading the rest of the argument. We are on the same chapter, even if not on the same page. I agree, it is what it is and it wont change, but I wont agree that getting new officials isn't the right answer. If the officials don't want to call the rules by the book, ALL of them should be replaced, but that wont happen.
                    While I agree with what you're saying, I believe it's the NCAA bosses (and their TV bosses) that pay the bills in the long run, and if the officials want to referee the march/april games, they will fall in line with the higher ups. The change has to come from way above the game day officials heads. It's kind of like the "mandate" of the rules to get back to freedom of movement of the "good old days." If they don't mandate AND ENFORCE that the calls not be swayed toward certain players, they always will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      Great memory. I forgot; Fever or someone else who went to the game must've posted about it.
                      That was me. It was a stubhub ticket but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        While I agree with what you're saying, I believe it's the NCAA bosses (and their TV bosses) that pay the bills in the long run, and if the officials want to referee the march/april games, they will fall in line with the higher ups. The change has to come from way above the game day officials heads. It's kind of like the "mandate" of the rules to get back to freedom of movement of the "good old days." If they don't mandate AND ENFORCE that the calls not be swayed toward certain players, they always will be.
                        Right, you hit the nail on the head. You want change, gotta go to the higher ups . I want to work postseason so whether I like it or not, I'll call it the way and uses the philosophies I need to use to get me there.

Comment

Right, you hit the nail on the head. You want change, gotta go to the higher ups . I want to work postseason so whether I like it or not, I'll call it the way and uses the philosophies I need to use to get me there.
                          And that's the sick part. It's like politics. If you want to make it to the promised land where you can actually affect change, you have to be dirty to get there. By the time you get there, you forget what the change is you wanted to make.

Comment

• Just stuff that might get readers mad at me.

1. Evan had a poor game. He is not athletic or skilled enough to play major minutes in big boy games. No, I am not trying to restart the Wessel food fight of yesterday.

2. Inside two minutes, the no call on #55 was extra poor for several reasons. Higgins was the baseline ref and could not have been more than 6' or so from the action, when Fred drove to the basket and #55 hit him like a linebacker on a running back. To make the pain worse, UE was awarded the ball to inbound. If the foul had been called, #55 would have fouled out and Fred is shooting free throws. The play had the worst possible outcome.

3. I am not a fan of Baker's 8'-10' step back, jump shot off the wrong foot on the left side of the basket. I realize that it is a standard NBA shot and the scouts want to know, if he can make the shot.

4. I wonder, if the heavy minutes that Baker has played in recent games is wearing on him. He looked gassed to me in the early part of the second half.

5. My last bullet is a question. If Landry was healthy, how would it have affected minutes played by other players against UE.

6. While I am generally in favor of redshirting Landry, I fear that we will need him in the MVC post season tournament.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I'm a big Evan Wessel fan, but I agree that he had a pretty crappy game yesterday.

Comment

It wasn't borderline, it was a foul. I can guarantee if it was any other player, or if the big man didn't have 4 fouls, it would have been a foul. Right or wrong, that's just how officiating works sometimes. You try your best to keep your star players in the game, but there was just way too much contact on that one.
                                I saw the video this morning. The play was replayed several times in slo mo. The foul was so flagrant, it is hard to understand how Higgins muffed the call.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X