Evansville game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    All good loudness games....SIU 2004(?) was CRAZY aneurysm-causing loud. Matt Clark's 3 to cut the lead to 47-34 was as loud as it's EVER been ANYWHERE for a team down 13 on it;s home floor.

Amazing game. I believe Higgy did that game too. He goes where the action is.
    Yep. Remember that one well. Clark hit that corner three and Turg went crazy. That was fun. Oh. And we lost that game. SIU could not miss that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Oh. You mean as opposed to 5 minutes before the game ends? Oh. And we are only up by 3? Our early exiters suck. Sorry if you are one of them. But dang. Really?
      Agree 100%. The only reason to leave early is if you have something else you MUST do. Otherwise, STAY for the whole game!! Women's game was over in the first half tonight, but we stayed through the bitter end. I've never believed in leaving early. Just morally wrong or something.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Agree 100%. The only reason to leave early is if you have something else you MUST do. Otherwise, STAY for the whole game!! Women's game was over in the first half tonight, but we stayed through the bitter end. I've never believed in leaving early. Just morally wrong or something.
        Agreed 100% as well. When I buy tickets to a game, I pay to see the whole game, not just part of it. There have been exceptions where I've left early, usually those are when I'm not feeling good, or when the seats are so uncomfortable that I can't take it anymore, or in the case of baseball, some of those late February/ealy March games are absolutely brutal to sit through, especially when one team is getting their clocks cleaned. Or in some cases, I'll leave a little early to beat the traffic if it's a big crowd. 95% of the time though, I'm staying until the final pitch, final buzzer, etc etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Surely someone on here has an in with the band and could tell them to stand down until the game has been decided, or at least mention it. I agree about the cheerleaders. Kelli had to be extremely disappointed with that performance.
          Are the cheerleaders really that bad this season? or did they just have a bad night. I never get to see the games live and in person so I honestly don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
            Are the cheerleaders really that bad this season? or did they just have a bad night. I never get to see the games live and in person so I honestly don't know.
            For in-game cheers I haven't noticed a big difference versus prior years. Last game they did a halftime performance, and I was relieved that no girls had to be carted off. Seemed maybe 1/3 of the lifts didn't result in an awkward fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
              I've been lucky enough to go to most of the home games this season, and there have been a couple of not great moments, but overall, I think they've been pretty good. For some reason after they rolled out all the mats and tried to put on a "show" at halftime of Evansville, the pretty good went out the window, and they struggled. My wife and I both commented that we were glad it was over, not because we don't like cheerleaders, but because we were afraid someone was going to get hurt.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                All good loudness games....SIU 2004(?) was CRAZY aneurysm-causing loud. Matt Clark's 3 to cut the lead to 47-34 was as loud as it's EVER been ANYWHERE for a team down 13 on it;s home floor.

Amazing game. I believe Higgy did that game too. He goes where the action is.
                Higgy did the Cincinnati-SMU thriller game on Thursday right after our game with UE.

He also did the OU-KU game 3 OT thriller. Before the KU game, he had worked about six consecutive games.

So counting all games in row, he worked about 8 or 9 games. He is in high demand.

My game buddy hates him. I am fine with him.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Higgy is as good as it gets. My only beef with him was the inexplicable game against ISUr in St Louis 2012.

I can never forgive that group (mostly Kelly Self and Don Daily, 2 mentally handicapped buffoons) for the way they mucked things up and allowed ISU to commit one felony after another.

How in the world we could lead almost the entire game, by as many as 14 I think, and commit 5 more fouls including that phantom call with about 5 seconds to go is beyond me.

Stutz still walks with a limp from the beating his nut sack took that game. My only hope is Jank and John Wilkins both have contracted a terrible disease that will kill them slowly with a tremendous amount of pain.

Comment

• ISU Game in 2012

Wu, it's interesting you brought this game up. I was there to see it & was totally disgusted with the refereeing in that game. If I recall correctly, Stutz & the WSU coaching staff complained about it quite a bit, too. I think it was at the end of that season that Jank went to SMU to be an assistant coach & I was glad to see him leave the MVC. He had to be aware of what his team did to Stutz then which was play dirty. I also believe that was the same year the WSU women's team suffered 2 concussions in their game with ISU on the road, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Kind of off topic, but I messed around with some RPI numbers on RPIForecast in regards to Evansville and their poor scheduling

Evansville is currently sitting at 12-3 RPI 85, and SOS 257

If they were to drop the 3 games they played against SWAC teams (Alabama St, Miss. Valley St, and Alabama A&M) and add Away buy games with 3 good not great Power 5 teams (I chose Indiana, Cal, and Florida St.) and lose all 3 of those games they would be:

9-6, RPI 43, SOS 79.

They would be in contention for an at-large bid, with 6 losses ... Right now they have no chance with 3 losses. On top of that, they would actually probably make money from having 3 away buy games. If they happen to win one of those games (say FSU), they would have a sub 30 RPI.
                      And this is why I hate UE. All they ever do is drag people down.

Comment

Good call. I was also living out of state and missed Matty B's dagger. That had to be freaking loud!
                        That was pretty loud. I was deaf for a bit after. I loved that. I still say that shot gets him into the shocker HOF.

Comment

Yep. Remember that one well. Clark hit that corner three and Turg went crazy. That was fun. Oh. And we lost that game. SIU could not miss that night.
                          Didn't we get down by around 25 in that game. IIRC the comeback and crowd energy started in the 1st half and then carried over to the 2nd half. I know the Shocks came pretty much all the way back perhaps even tying the game or taking a lead. But you're right. That rally pretty much zapped all the energy out of the team and they lost a close game. But the noise during the comeback was insane.

For sustained loudness and energy I don't see anything ever topping the 2004 NIT game against Florida State. The Shocks lost that double OT game 91-84 but that was the most physically tired I have ever been as a fan after a game. Part of that is because I don't remember sitting from about 10 minutes before the game until the end of the game except at halftime. The one thing I like about NIT home games is that those crowds are special. That one in particular was rabid and hungry coming off the depression of the 90's era.

Comment

• Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams · 60m60 minutes ago
                            MVC AllTime Rebounders
                            1551 Unseld, UL 65-68
                            1359 X Man, WSU 81-85
                            1338 Big O, UC 57-60
                            1247 Bird, ISU 76-79
                            1076 @Egidijus55 will pass Bird

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Mark Adams ‏@EnthusiAdams · 60m60 minutes ago
                              MVC AllTime Rebounders