WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I think SHU guards are much better then the UNLV and Utah guards and Delgado at 6-9, 245 will be a load in the middle. Shocks by 13+ seems overly optimistic to me, especially with this game on the road, but we'll find out soon enough.

One of these days the Shocks shooting is going go off and they will torch somebody but I'm thinking that is more likely to happen at home and I think the intensity that we will see from both teams Saturday makes that unlikely.
    I disagree about their guards. Whitehead will be solid, but Utah and UNLV also both had at least one solid guard (19ppg is pretty solid) and Delgado is good, but isn't a lottery pick, both of those team's centers are. If we play well, I'm still optimistic that we win by 13+. And I'm very optimistic that we will play well.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Utah and UNLV had good wing guards, but no PG. not sure who plays the point for Hall.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Utah and UNLV had good wing guards, but no PG. not sure who plays the point for Hall.
        Whitehead runs the point, really struggled running the point at first but is beginning to really adjust and take disciplined shots gets good looks for his teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHUFAN82 View Post
          Whitehead runs the point, really struggled running the point at first but is beginning to really adjust and take disciplined shots gets good looks for his teammates.
          Thanks!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Just wondering if Whitehead will attempt to engage Gregg in a conversation this year.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Just wondering if Whitehead will attempt to engage Gregg in a conversation this year.
              He'd be well served not to poke the bear.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                For Cox 22 games, I have two choices. Mooch off family or friends and watch game at their house. Or listen to Mike Kennedy live, and watch replay on ESPN3.
                Or you can get an IP spoofer and watch them on ESPN3 live.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  This is a really big game folks. I've been thinking that the ship is righted and the guys will continue to improve and get better and everything will be ok.

Go out there and hammer a poorly disciplined Pirate team, just like last year.

After visiting with some folks, I am now much less confident. Not so much in WSU's performance, but in what Seton Hall will bring. I think they're pointing to this game for a lot of reasons.

Fortunately, our guys know this and understand the importance of the game. No counting chickens but 8-4 looks a lot better than 7-5 (which really would be 6-5) non con.

Problem is they have the talent (Whitehead especially) to go off...no matter what you do. We've left early to get there and be set. I'd love to jump on them right out of the gate and set the early tone.

The more they hang around, the more nervous our newbies will get.

Big big game.
                  Seton Hall is probably just as talented and athletic as UNLV and they are probably better coached. Whitehead, and Delgado were very talented last year and Carrington is too and then you add in the fact that SH is on the road. This is our going to be the toughest game thus far and maybe the entire year. Hopefully, we meet the challenge.

Comment

• Well they couldn't be worse coached, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Well they couldn't be worse coached, that's for sure.
                      Lol funny you guys bring up coaching, not too sure how good of a coach Williard is here at the Hall. Last year the excuse was that the teams best players were freshman, but if this becomes another dissapointing season he is gone.

Comment

• Big East Promo:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1143767/450497
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          Promo says 11:30 EST; assuming this is incorrect? I'm planning to watch the game at 11:00 am CST.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Promo says 11:30 EST; assuming this is incorrect? I'm planning to watch the game at 11:00 am CST.
                            Probably the pregame show start time.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                              Could you refresh my memory with what happened last year?
                              Whitehead drained a 3 in front of the Shocker bench, turned around and either stared down Marshall or said something to him. It was early in the game when the Pirates had the lead I believe and that technical sort of ignited the fire that lead to the Shockers run to pull away that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                                Could you refresh my memory with what happened last year?
                                If you remember Mr. Whitehead was pretty hot last year and he made a point of telling Gregg Marshall that several times. Gregg finally had enough and said something to an official who advised the SH bench to cease and desist said conversation. Undeterred, Mr. Whitehead decided he needed the last word with HCGM and was immediately T'd up. No further conversations were held.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X