WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Seton Hall Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Many moons ago I went to watch Mark Hutton with East play against Cortez Barnes with Heights. However, another East player who was a Soph. really caught my eye and he was #44 Adrian Griffen who later played for Seton Hall and later the Boston Celtics. The Pirates now have a potential future NBA player named Isaiah Whitehead. Their record is 7-2 and they play St. Peter's today. Only George Washington and Long Beach State have defeated them this Season. They were 6-12 in the Big East last Season were 16-15 overall. Sterling Gibbs graduated which was a hit and Athlon's mag. report they lost 11 of their last 14 games last Season.

How do Shocker warriors win tough games like this on the cold and lonely road? D-up and keep our turnovers under 10 is great for starters. Last Season, if I recall correctly, the win we had at 21st and Hillside versus them was a tough go in the 1st half and then we settled down and pulled ahead for good in the 2nd half. This is a winnable game but we have learned to expect the unexpected on the road. As usual, FVV and Baker will lead the way and look for CF and MM to have solid games as well.

Shocks--70

Pirates--65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Road games are hard and this Shocker fan will be thrilled with a win by any margin. Glad we get a week to further rest FVV before hitting the road.

Shockers 74
    Pirates 64

Comment

In addition to resting and recuperating some aches and pains the week off during semester break will allow the Shocks a chance to mentally recharge and to refine and develop some of the things this team has found out about itself over the past 3 games.

I think this break is coming at a good time for the Shocks.

Comment

This is the last of the "tough" games on our schedule. We have not done well on the road, but we haven't had Fred. I'm excited for the Seton Hall match-up!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Q: What do I have in common with the Seton Hall Pirates?
          A: In March we'll both be watching the college basketball tournament on television.

Shox dish the Pirates another L, 65-60.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            This is the last of the "tough" games on our schedule. We have not done well on the road, but we haven't had Fred. I'm excited for the Seton Hall match-up!
            It will be a tough game for sure, but I doubt it will be the last of our tough games this year.

Hard to get a good handle on Seton Hall because they have not played the toughest of schedules to date but they are at home and they have 3 players averaging in double figures:
            6-4 So. Isaiah Whitehead (15.9 ppg), who looked like a world beater against the Shocks last year, 6-3 So. Khadeen Carrington (14.6 ppg) and 6-6 So. Desi Rodgriquez (12.7 ppg).
            The Pirates are averaging 74 ppg as a team.

They are outrebounding opponents 40.2 to 30.4 on average led by 6-9, 245lb So. Angel Delgado (9.9 rpg) and 6-8, 210 lb So. Ismael Sanogo (perhaps a bit of a Markis McDuffie clone).

They have turned the ball over a bit averaging about 14 turnovers per game.

This is a pretty young but pretty talented Seton Hall team. Hopefully, the Shocks toughness and their advantage in experience will carry the day.

Comment

If we are going to play a game in New Jersey thank goodness it is Seton Hall and not Rutgers.

Comment

Shox by at least 13. And we may even hold them under 50.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

WSU 76
                  Hall 68
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ken Pom has Seton Hall winning 66-65 with WSU 47% odds to win. With our last two wins, the projection has improved to 22-8 from 20-10
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Ken Pom has Seton Hall winning 66-65 with WSU 47% odds to win. With our last two wins, the projection has improved to 22-8 from 20-10
                      Didn't he a couple of weeks ago have our only projected loss being the UNLV game? Or maybe it was Utah...was one of the U teams. I'm not sure I understand his system, although I usually think he comes in pretty close. Every once in a while it looks like he's just thrown a few darts too many.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Considering our only "go-to guy" according to KenPom's numbers is Ty Taylor, it's pretty clear why we are still ranked pretty poorly. It will get cleaned up in a few weeks.

Comment

During the Cowboys Packers game they just had a graphic for the Wichita State vs Seton Hall game on Fox next Saturday.

Comment

We will continue to build on our defensive efforts of this last week and take them on the road. Shockers win their 4th in a row with a score of 67-54. This will be number 4 of at least 29 in a row, match-ups will start to come in to play then. Would love to attend this game, but have a granddaughter due any day so the wife isn't leaving (for good reason:unconscious:).

Comment

As of today...I'm gonna say the week off will help Fred some more so I'm expecting another strong effort from our man FVV. I do think it'll be a pretty good battle with the Hall. They will probably even have a lead at halftime. I also think the refs will not be in our favor until late in the game when home town son McDuffie goes for monster jam in front of his friends and family giving us some breathing room to close out the game. Shocks win by 6!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X