2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Its not just Tekele its Darius that we are missing on offense. We have no inside presence. Last year during the non con Darius put up these numbers:

Opponent Min FGM FGA Points
    New Mexico State 12 4 10 9
    Memphis 23 6 13 12
    Newman 13 6 10 15
    Tulsa 18 6 9 14
    Utah 17 4 6 10
    St Louis 16 1 3 4
    Seton Hall 31 8 12 16
    Detroit 29 7 11 18
    Alabama 31 6 11 16
    Loyola Mary 18 4 6 12
    Hawaii 27 4 8 10
    GW 37 3 10 7

I haven't run the numbers for our Centers this year, but I don't believe they are putting up anything nearly efficient as that, even in a full 40 minutes of playing.
    BINGO. Not one real finisher in the post this year. FVV, for three years has been one of the best distributors of the ball to the post.....this year he doesn't have anyone down low to distribute the ball to so he is trying to do too much and finish on his own....so far w/o much success but he is not 100% healthy either.

Comment

• Show comes on in just 15 minutes:

WICHITA, Kan. -- CBS Sports' original series "Men of March" will feature Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall in a 30-minute episode, airing Monday, Dec. 21 on CBS Sports Network at 8:30 p.m. CT.

Comment

• Just happened across this:

Stats Perform harnesses the true power of sports data by leveraging advancements in artificial intelligence to generate the industry’s richest insights.

Fred front and center.

Anyone remember the ref stat website? I can't google it to save my life.

Comment

• In case someone else has already posted this item linked by PaulS, I apologize.

I normally scoff at Lunardi most of the time, especially at this point in the season, and to the best of my knowledge he STILL isn't on the selection committee. But even so, it's interesting that in his current seedings he (a) would guess WSU to be in even as an at large (although he lists them as an auto-bid team) and (b) has the Shocks a line up from the UNI's, who would be one of his last at large choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            In case someone else has already posted this item linked by PaulS, I apologize.

I normally scoff at Lunardi most of the time, especially at this point in the season, and to the best of my knowledge he STILL isn't on the selection committee. But even so, it's interesting that in his current seedings he (a) would guess WSU to be in even as an at large (although he lists them as an auto-bid team) and (b) has the Shocks a line up from the UNI's, who would be one of his last at large choices.
            This will make a lot of sense in 8 weeks.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• League play kicks off this week. But before that, it's time to look at the winners (Michigan State) and losers (LSU) from the nonconference portion of the schedule.

More of the negative narrative I've been posting about. It's becoming fashionable to count the Shox out. Time to start running up the score...change the narrative to how bad we're beating people.

Comment

• Article on the Shockers win against KU, noted as the #1 event for Kansas sports in 2015.

It was written by a former classmate of mine at Mulvane High.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Just happened across this:

Stats Perform harnesses the true power of sports data by leveraging advancements in artificial intelligence to generate the industry’s richest insights.

Fred front and center.

Anyone remember the ref stat website? I can't google it to save my life.
                  Only problem I have with this, is I wish they had Wiltjer on the list. Seems to me, from the view point of the author, he considers Gonzaga above mid-major while WSU is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    http://www.hutchnews.com/sports/shoc...4d353f0ed.html

Article on the Shockers win against KU, noted as the #1 event for Kansas sports in 2015.

It was written by a former classmate of mine at Mulvane High.
                    By far the greatest game I've ever been at. Gonna be hard to find one better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                      By far the greatest game I've ever been at. Gonna be hard to find one better.
                      Gonzaga

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                        Gonzaga
                        So he was at that game too? :-p
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                          So he was at that game too? :-p
                          More than likely not. I would be very interested to see, for people who were at all of them, which people would consider their favorite: Gonzaga, Ohio St., or KU. I guess you could even include Kentucky or Louisville, but the L really detracts from the experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                            More than likely not. I would be very interested to see, for people who were at all of them, which people would consider their favorite: Gonzaga, Ohio St., or KU. I guess you could even include Kentucky or Louisville, but the L really detracts from the experience.
                            I was only at the Kentucky and Louisville games. Between those two, I remember thinking we played so well in that UK game for so long. Both teams were just playing at such a high level. It was a fun game. The Louisville game was so frustrating because of the second half. If I remember right, Russ Smith had 3 fouls in the first half, but then didn't get another foul. It felt like the refs didn't want him to foul out so early. The tie ball call was so frustrating too. That said, watching WSU play in a Final Four game was the best game for me. As frustrating as it was, I couldn't help but appreciate just how awesome it was to watch those guys play for a chance at a national championship.

Comment

• I didn't personally go to any of those games...but my vote would be either the Kentucky or Gonzaga game. Great games to watch full of great competition and drama!!! Our game against the Bubbles was just a total beatdown and frankly not as entertaining due to their lowly Big-12 curtain.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Photo Gallery from New Year's Eve game against Drake.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X