2015-16 Media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
    Hahahaha... Did you guys read any of the comments? Someone was making the "you guys obviously cared way more about that game than we did" argument, and tried to brag about the tournament they (plus several other people not from KU, if I remember correctly) played in. The amount of delusion is astounding, and especially seeing some of these things typed by an older​ person, not some stupid college kid.

If only there was some sort of head to head record... Perhaps in a tournament setting, with which to compare the two...
    What's more surprising is when you see people ish-talking with their job/employer proudly posted under their name.

If I had a business with employees it sure would make the task of clearing out dead wood that much easier, that's for sure.

Comment

• My favorite part was when KU fans were calling out bob as a shocker homer! Lol! The last few years us shocker fans were calling him out as a KU homer! I was impressed by the article and blown away lutz wrote it
      I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
      If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• At least my colleague who is a KU alum is sensible. After we beat them last March, he straight up said "we got our asses handed to us." He has taken to calling this fall for KU the "Who's Eligible?" festival.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• UNI listed as a program on the rise.

"The Panthers won’t end Wichita State’s stranglehold on the Valley, but they’ll be a solid No. 2 and again a tournament team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            UNI listed as a program on the rise.

"The Panthers won’t end Wichita State’s stranglehold on the Valley, but they’ll be a solid No. 2 and again a tournament team."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ELLDHP#image=4
            Hope that's true, but I don't see it. UNI finishing second wouldn't shock me. Getting an at-large would, so I guess that does still leave the MoVal tourney. IMO, their non-con won't do them any favors, as it's too top-heavy for their current team. Some really great games, but not likely wins, and then not enough "good not great" win opportunities to fill out a resume.

Comment

• You mean if they lose to UNC like KU lost to Temple last year, they can't count it as a "good loss"??

But, what if ... Ali Farikmoneasldkfjssaldrf happens and they don't lose to UNC?
              Last edited by ShockdaWorld; November 13, 2015, 12:30 PM. Reason: What if...
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                You mean if they lose to UNC like KU lost to Temple last year, they can't count it as a "good loss"??

But, what if ... Ali Farikmoneasldkfjssaldrf happens and they don't lose to UNC?
                UNC will be without Paige (which really sucks as it was the whole point of the game---playing close to his hometown), so maybe that helps, but I just don't think so. I will certainly be rooting for them, for about 1000 reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I've noticed that KU fans are resorting to history (WSU needs to do it long-term under multiple coaches...) to justify why they should be ranked above WSU THIS year.

Yeah, that awesome record when Phog Allen was coaching is what makes the 2015-16 Jayhawks so good.
                  I've thought before, we could win more NC's than them, or whatever other metric they like to pull out of their asses, and then they'd argue we're still not better because they had Naismith.

Comment

• Sierra. They are all Sierra.

Comment

• Northern Iowa, Illinois State, and Evansville all might have what it takes to compete for an at-large. Thing is, they all can't do it at the same time. The Valley cannibalism won't allow for more than one of them to do it.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        Northern Iowa, Illinois State, and Evansville all might have what it takes to compete for an at-large. Thing is, they all can't do it at the same time. The Valley cannibalism won't allow for more than one of them to do it.
                        anti-valley bias plays into it also. ilsu upset wichita state to make the mvc tournament finals where they gave uni a scare and still didn't get an ncaa invite. they beat wichita state.. they could have won a game in the ncaa tournament, given a favorable style matchup (ilsu had an above average shot-blocker manning the post last year). they were not/are not without talent.
                        Last edited by another shocker; November 13, 2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• I'm all for any Valley team getting an at-large except Illinois State.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I'm all for any Valley team getting an at-large except Illinois State.
                            Well they already crapped that bed, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that this year.

Comment

• Bleacher Reports "Ranking the Nation's Top 20 Shooting Guards for 2015-16 NCAA Basketball Season

If you don't love the top three guys on this list, go find another sport. Oklahoma's Buddy Hield, Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon and Wichita State's Ron Baker are three of the best stories in college basketball...

Mr. Baker is #1

Comment

• WSU-Utah on B/R list of top 10 early-season games

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588949-predicting-the-best-10-games-early-in-the-2015-16-college-basketball-season/page/7

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X