No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is tOSU doing going public with this before they have a deal done? If Wookie renegotiates with the JayTurds and doesn't take the tOSU job, tOSU is screwed and I mean SCREWED! Who would take that job knowing that they were second fiddle to Wookie in the eyes of their prospective employer?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      WTF is tOSU doing going public with this before they have a deal done? If Wookie renegotiates with the JayTurds and doesn't take the tOSU job, tOSU is screwed and I mean SCREWED! Who would take that job knowing that they were second fiddle to Wookie in the eyes of their prospective employer?
      Mcdermott just posted on Twitter that he's staying at Creighton. tOSU just got turned down by someone that has never made the 2nd weekend of the tourney. ..

Comment

• Not to distract from the wonderful banter regarding McDermott, CU and the craziness apparently infecting the AD at OSU, but I found the comments about 4 star recruits by Andrew Slater of 247Sports.com with the OSU blogger Steve Helwagen (http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Artic...-Matt-53069048) pretty telling about how amazing Gregg Marshall is in evaluating talent. Slater is clearly a 3G fan as his recommendation to OSU is to immediately go after Coach Marshall.

The specific comments that got my attention were these two lines:

"They made some bad evaluations among those that they landed. They collected a lot mid to lower-tier four-star talent, which didn't pan out."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          Not to distract from the wonderful banter regarding McDermott, CU and the craziness apparently infecting the AD at OSU, but I found the comments about 4 star recruits by Andrew Slater of 247Sports.com with the OSU blogger Steve Helwagen (http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Artic...-Matt-53069048) pretty telling about how amazing Gregg Marshall is in evaluating talent. Slater is clearly a 3G fan as his recommendation to OSU is to immediately go after Coach Marshall.

The specific comments that got my attention were these two lines:

"They made some bad evaluations among those that they landed. They collected a lot mid to lower-tier four-star talent, which didn't pan out."
          Can you imagine Marshall's reaction if tOSU contacted him AFTER they offered McDermott and got turned down? I'd love to be in the room when he got that call!
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Ah man, it sure is nice to see a Power Conference school struggle like this.

Comment

• Ohio State is screwed. The only "positive" I can see in hiring and targeting McDermott is you can pull the whole "he was my only target, I got my man" card and not have to deal with weeks of rumors and deal with getting turned down by the top 20 "hot" college coaches. But that backfired horribly when the joke of a coach turned you down. Now Ohio State isn't getting any "hot" coach and the joke coaches are gonna turn them down now too. They need to go interim now.

Comment

• tOSU were idiots for getting rid of Matta. They couldn't even land a mediocre coach in McDermott. That's funny. Talk about an inflated P5 ego.

At least half of the AAC jobs are better than Ohio State (obviously including WSU and UCONN). I'm thoroughly enjoying their struggle.

Comment

• I've heard rumors on the Twitter machine (I know, very reliable source) that Huggins also wants the OSU job. If that's true, why didn't OSU pursue him? And will they now? This has been fun to watch and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• One eye opening thing about this process... Mcdermott was only making 1.1 mil. Yessh, unlike WSU which became a Power 5 like School in a Mid major conference, Creighton is still just a Mid major school in a P5 like conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        One eye opening thing about this process... Mcdermott was only making 1.1 mil. Yessh, unlike WSU which became a Power 5 like School in a Mid major conference, Creighton is still just a Mid major school in a P5 like conference.
                        We really don't have any idea of what McDermott is or was making. I'm pretty sure he just got a big, fat raise. I would have been happy to see him move on, I'm not sold on the guy, but oh well. The one thing that he is doing very, very well, is recruiting. He signed three, four star recruits in this class, plus was in the final four of five star burger boy Brian Bowen. He's also done extremely well in the transfer department. I'm not a recruiting guy, but if these guys pan out, McDermott's recruiting has gotten better every year.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I'm thinking that tOSU was looking at McDermott not based on wins and losses, but his recent recruiting results. I don't know. I was surprised they offered, and more surprised that he turned it down.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            WTF is tOSU doing going public with this before they have a deal done? If Wookie renegotiates with the JayTurds and doesn't take the tOSU job, tOSU is screwed and I mean SCREWED! Who would take that job knowing that they were second fiddle to Wookie in the eyes of their prospective employer?
                            Early this morning, it was reported (ESPN or Fox Sports radio) that OSU AD had said that McDermott hadn't been offered. The quick story said that it was known that McDermott had met with the OSU AD last night in Omaha. I don't believe for a minute that they didn't offer him but they will go on the public record that they haven't offered anyone yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              One eye opening thing about this process... Mcdermott was only making 1.1 mil. Yessh, unlike WSU which became a Power 5 like School in a Mid major conference, Creighton is still just a Mid major school in a P5 like conference.
                              Still overpaid.

Comment

• Reminds me of when Nebraska fired Solich. Once this begins to spin out of control, it can get ugly. Fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X